Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glassguy's Olds is finally out in the daylight again!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Oct 25, 2007.

1. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

OK, so the Jerkury has gone down the road...but look what Dave has finally dragged out of the barn...holy shit the Olds is loose again!!

...and he said he's had this car since highschool. It was put away a bunch of years ago and hasn't seen any light until the other day.

I can't wait to see where Dave goes with it!!:D

Attached Files:

2. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I also heard that there were only 1900 of these built, so there's no chance of him choping, right? HAHAHA!!

Maybe like this??????

Attached Files:

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

cant wait to see what he does with it

4. Judging by the work Dave has done in the past it is gonna be nice to say the least.

5. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Damn, when my '58 got done it was gonna be the only mild custom '58 Olds that I've ever seen. Got any extra parts?

6. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

If he needs any extra of that trim from the top of the side window, I've got some...

7. CruZer

CruZer

I haven't seen a '58 Olds hardtop since bout 1970,Keith.

Dave, that is one sweet ride just like it is, but I'm sure it won't stay stock for long..
    Keep us in progress pix, Keith !!

8. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

wow good lookin car.i never seen one in person.cool!!

9. DON_WOW

DON_WOW
    Member Emeritus

1958 98 2 dr holiday -- production 11,012. Mine has the J2 solid lifter rigging plus a back porch added, twenty feet of rocket bliss. A little more fiddling and I'll have it in the thirteens next season. Feels goooood to have one the size of the queen mary run hard. NO its not stock.

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Are you serious? All that IN the 13s? That is cool! Got pics?

11. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

I had the pleasure of riding in that boat right before Dave put it into hibernation. What a luxury liner! Can't wait to see it back on the road.

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

That's a whole lot of car! Look at all the trim too! That thing is the epitome of excess.

Did he paint the bumpers white back in the 80's monochromatic days?? Ha Ha Ha

13. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Did you guys ever make it out of the driveway or back seat???

14. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Post a pic, I wanna see it. It's weird that all you dudes are into these, I always get shit for having 'the ugliest olds ever made' when I tell people what I have...

15. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Probably first to the bar, then to the prayer meeting, then back into the garage.

If Mercs are for Jercs, than what are Olds's for?

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

I've heard this rumor before guys..... and NO..no explinations please..hahaha

17. I think they put the chrome on with a trowel!

18. glassguy

glassguy

you guys are funny!! you shoulda saw how much more chrome was on it before !!! its been a long journey with this shitbox ill tell ya.. i bought this car in 1987 when i was 14 . totalled it 89, took years to fix it again and get parts.. i redid it in a thrash in 94 to make it to lead east, repainted it again(one of 7 times over the years) put a 68 olds 455 th400, rewired etc, then just drove it on and off for years changing the color and dechromong more every year.. theres no motor or tranny in it now so the new plan is to find a 472 caddy motor for it, im subframing it, chopping it , and painting it black. also looking for a 58 chevy front bumper , and decent chrome rear bumper. its gonna be a slow process but i hope to have it done for next summer its a drag not having anything cool to drive anymore! im gonna try to scan some old pics to show what it looked like over the years. i forgot to add to the story that this was my dads car he bought it from lyons junk yard when i was little, he and my mom drove it for a few years in stock form , then he sold it . i bought it back about 10 years later.

Attached Files:

19. Cool story, I can't wait to see what you do to it. It sounds like it will be pretty kool!

20. "and dechroming more every year" THAT would be a years long process with that car:)

21. Pete

Pete

Pimpin' aint easy!

22. glassguy

glassguy

but i make look easy!! haha

hers another color from years ago

Attached Files:

23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

That color is so you sweetie! haha

Do you still have the pompadour that says Mary-Kay on the brim????

24. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Dave told me secretly that the color he has picked is Cadillac Mary Kay Pink Pearl. After all, only real men can wear pink, and only other real men can laught at him for it.

25. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Hey Dave,was that picture taken at New England Dragway,I seem to remember that car.

26. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Painted bumpers? Skreetrod!!

27. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Can't wait to see the "new improved" version! Another Paras masterpiece!

28. glassguy

glassguy

hahaha!!! u guys suck!!! when your rollin with the province town road faries you haveta rock the club colors!! im not afraid !!! and thats not mary kay pink, its balloon knot pink!! jerks get it rite! or me and my street rod will sashay to another messege board!

chop olds in order to make this a masterpiece your phone is gonna be ringing off the hook! hope you dont me bugging you a little when i start chopping? ive never done one of these before.. ive been studieng yours alot, just watched another tape from 93 to see your olds for the 100th time i may look for a free 57 roof to use the back windows...

29. glassguy

glassguy

wow you have a great memory! that was at the drags.. bout 10years ago.:eek:

30. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Yup,I knew thats where I saw that car,and yes,when it comes to hotrods and customs,I have a hell of a memory.