Register now to get rid of these ads!

long island vic is the man!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X--GASSER, Oct 15, 2007.

1. As some of you might know I've been on the search for a pair of 15x4 Cragar S/S rims for my day2 Motion style Chevelle that I've been building on since I sold the 61 wagon. The sad thing is, I had a set a few years back that I didn't need so I sold them to Dirty2. Fast forward a few years and I now need a set for a project and kept coming up dry. So put a ad in the HAMB classifieds and LTM75110 had a set that ironiclly came off a 37 Chev coupe, weird. So I bought them with full intentions of re-chroming them until I ran up on this set on craigslist in LONG ISLAND, NY. Well I'm in Carrollton, Texas a bit far from NY. Having most of my family up there I thought no problem, but no one wanted to drive out to Long Island...damn! I thought. Well from talking to the guy selling them I found out the wheels were mounted on a pair of Stahl tires and were mounted on his 67 Chevelle SS back in the day, weird again. SHIT!!! perfect I thought until some guy figures out the severe rarity of these tires and snatches them up for some vintage S/S drag car restoration. So, again I wen't to the HAMB for help and found long island vic. So I sent him a pm and he said no problem give me the address. Now, he doesn't know me from adam but he still took the time to go out there, a hours drive and on a weekend, and get them BEFORE I sent him the money. And still, even shipped them to me on his own dime before I mailed the shipping money out to him. That my friends is the type of people we have on the HAMB!! Heres some pics, I don't think these were ever mounted on a car for more than 10 minutes. The chrome is perfect and theres NO dry rot and they still have the paper tag from M+H. Thanks again Vic.

Attached Files:

2. Rusty

Rusty

Simply amazing Reed. You deserve them. See you at the drags

3. Are you sneaking any customers cars out there?

4. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Damn, that's impressive.
    I did a trade with him years ago and knew he was a stand up guy.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This place has some amazing people. I needed some wide 5's and tires brought from the west coast to Michigan and the HAMB stepped up and got them delivered via Bonneville. A drive to Detroit (much shorter than California) and I had the goods. Viva la HAMB!!

Frank

6. scrape

scrape

hey let me have those tires.....
    hahaha...