Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indy caravan to the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lindross, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Meeting at Bubba's Hot Rod Shop at 10:00AM tomorrow morning and heading out by 10:30 at the latest. We take the more scenic route and keep off the interstates as much as possible (we do have a small stretch on 465 to 65N). It makes the trip more enjoyable at least in our opinions and we keep it throttled back around 60MPH. :)

We're taking 52 from Lebanon up to 24 (Stopping for lunch in Kentland) , then heading on thru to 47 and takin er home to the Pileup. We're looking at about 10-12 cars that I'm aware of right now so hop on aboard the convoy.

Then we have to be at Fools probably by 8:00 to see our friends Hellfish and the other Hot Rod Hucksters tear the place down. :D

PM me if you don't know where Bubba's is.

2. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I will be there in the morning. It will my first time at the Pile up.

I am not sure what you guys have planned for coming home on Sunday but I will be heading south early Sunday morning to visit some family while I am in the area.

3. I think usually some folks get up early Sunday morning and head over to the swap meet. It's usually a free for all heading home. :D

4. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Don't wait on us....I think we are leaving later and from our end, however we may see you somewhere along the line.

BTW, I still have a little something in my possession that Bubba gave me last weekend to "watch over". Will warm us up on a chilly Pileup day. ;)

5. Sweet! I hear it works wonders on sprained ankles too. ;) Newport was rough on the Linder/Bubbas crew this year wasn't it. :eek:

Yeah, John and Dustin sounded pretty intent on just taking 74. I'm sure we'll meet up with you guys in Morris.

6. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Hummm, maybe I should have just poured some on my injuries.

Actually, I think we're taking the back roads too, Dustin is the one going 74, and much later.

7. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Thanks for the update Lindross........

We'll see ya tomorrow!!!!!!

8. Sweet, I figured you would pass that on to the swiss crew and we'll see you guys tomorrow morning for a coke and a moon pie. :D

9. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

So, are you stopping at the Filling Station in Kentland? I've driven by there a bunch of times but haven't stopped in yet. I would probably meet up somewhere if I didn't have the kids this w/e. Guess I'll just have to do the Covered Bridge Festival again.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Elizabeth and I are looking forward to seeing all of you again!

11. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Spoons and Peggy will be there, sounds like a fun ride......However, we're staying in Joilet so we have a few extra miles to backtrack to unload the car before we get back to Fool's............

12. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

We were at the Covered bridge res eating four or five times this last week or so. First the Covered Bridge Model T tour and then the newport HillClimb.
    You could have bought us some pie, they had 34 kinds on the board.:)
    I am no going with the crew ( down with inner ear infections) but i am sure they wont miss the Filling Station in Kentland....:) :)

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Hey, we are making a day trip out of this, but will be going through Kentland on the way up and back. Can someone fill me in on the "Filling Station"?? Sounds like it could be a spot to hit on the way back...

14. Gas stop and little restaurant about a 1/2 mile south of 24 on the right hand side of 52. Good food and get gas, guess that goes without saying huh. :D

15. hambone

hambone

we are leaving louisville at 9:30 taking the same route when we get north of indy. we might meet you along the way

see you in morris

16. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

"good food and get gas..."

sounds like an oxymoron.

Thanks for the tip! We will likely check it out.

17. Gator

Gator

I'm leaving Nashville in an hour, if I don't have any problems I'll see you guys in Gasoline Alley.

18. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

I'm only about 6 blocks from the Covered Bridge res. but I've never had desert there, same as the Beef House. I consider it a compliment to the restaraunt because the foods so good I never remember to leave room for desert.

19. Thanks to everyone who made the haul with us this weekend. I'll upload pics later. It was a great ride and the show was superb.

20. msuguydon

msuguydon

Hope I didn't miss the pictures... did you post them.

21. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

I thought i would post up the pics I had from the caravan. It was great meeting Mr. and Mrs Spoons, Gator, and the rest of the guys.

Hope we can do it all over again next year!

Attached Files:

22. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

A few more.

Attached Files:

23. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Oh, so you want more........:D

Attached Files: