Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

I am a 50s buff. I was born in the early 60s but I love the 50s. My building a 50s style rod was a natural progression of this. I have a working 50s style malt shop in my basement and here are a couple of pics. I hope you enjoy. I do all my own restoration work. I hope my 31 Olds turns out as nice.

BC

Ps

Wh is restoring an old car so much harder then restoring an old soda machine????

Attached Files:

2. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

I am a 50s buff. I was born in the early 60s but I love the 50s. My building a 50s style rod was a natural progression of this. I have a working 50s style malt shop in my basement and here are a couple of pics. I hope you enjoy.

Attached Files:

3. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

here are a couple more.

Attached Files:

4. MotorBike Mike

MotorBike Mike

I collect pinky fingers...

Mike

5. You're an EVIL man!!!

6. kopis

kopis

I collect old punk rock vinyl. Been addicted to it for some 15+ years now. Im suprized how much some of the stuff has gone up in value.

7. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Fountain pens....., aircraft and car models...........around 25 pens and still looking ..........400 or so models and a "new" 1/18th scale airforce on the shop wall...........

M.

8. i collect all things elvis and old movie posters mostly motorpsycho and monster stuff from 50s and 60s

9. Bolex is a Swiss motion picture camera manufacturer that specializes in 35mm, 16mm, S-8, and 8mm.

10. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I collect birthdays. And I will 'til I die.
    Sorry... I'm such a putz.
    I seem to be gathering up a small collection of guitars. Not as nice as some of you but at least I have lots of strings.

Motorbike Mike.. there MUST be a story there. Should we be afraid?

11. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I collect old cameras, lighters and Trains magazines. Would take pictures but most of it is in storage. Oh, and dust. My shit collects alot of that.

12. swimeasy

swimeasy

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I collect promo hot sauce. My favorites are the 5 oz. bottles that you can get at pro football games. At this time I have about 3/4 of the '' Helment bottles'' as they are called.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

1/32 scale slot cars, model cars, gray hair

14. I've got some Punk, DJ records.
    Romeo Void
    Sex Pistols
    X
    Ramones
    And some others I got from a friend who used to spin at parties.

15. Hay HAMBS!!!

Ol stinky colects cardbord and deposit bottels

Also rare fleas

Will trade for wine!!!!

Laters bros!!!

Stinky Out

16. Maybe you should start collecting teeth! There's a bar here in Riverside that you could probably get some from,any saturday night. Gotta clean the blood off first.

17. I had a huge collection of old slotcars from the 60's and 70's. Most made from brass tubing,but some were hard plastic. Some guy offered me 2K,so I sold them all. Probably worth double that now...He acted like he just found the Holy Grail!!!LOL!

18. decayed40

decayed40

we collect milk bottles and dairy related items from all over the country,and by the way we are looking for a parris island south carolina milk bottle from the marine base ,years ago they had a dairy farm on the base and we really want one of thier bottles so if anyone has or knows we would be interested thank and cool post by the way!!!

19. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

Non-sport trading cards, Horror memorabilia, pedal cars,movie props...like the corpse from the bath tub in Silence of the lambs..I also once had the train engine front end mock up from "Striking Distance".....:eek:

20. Turbo-T

Turbo-T

Patent medicine bottles, a few guns, some Automobilia tins, Coleman lanterns, a few Hot Wheels, and an old clinker grabber. No tank. Would be cool to run around the block in. Nothing worth much.

21. Nailhead

Nailhead

I've got a bunch of old model kits I bought off egay, but never got around to building them.....

22. pastlane

pastlane

I have 2 closets full of unbuilt model kits, Dozens of original race posters from the 30's through the 80's, hundreds of decals and a house full of vintage race related crap. Coolest find was a genuine Chrondek christmas tree from ESTA Safety Park. [​IMG]

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

ToolBoxes......I just got my fifth one delivered to the house by Santa....it's an early Christmas present.:D

24. 55 f350

55 f350

got about 4500 hotwheels cars , mostly the old stuff , upstairs in the attic .

25. pastlane

pastlane

[​IMG][​IMG]Heres a crappy picture of the tree, sadly it's getting buried in the corner. The NHRA Sanctioned sign came from Niagara Dragstrip.

Attached Files:

• tree.jpg
      tree.jpg
      File size:
      52.3 KB
      Views:
  26. greendream

greendream

I collect Pez Dispensers, pin-up girls, Green River soda stuff and that's all I can think of right now.

27. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

In 1955 my Mom sent off to breweries and distilleries and got a good sized box of labels for all types of bottles, the art work is awesome! I also have all the letters sent back to her. How do I figure out the approximate value (other than sentimental)? Probably 500-600 different top and bottom bottle labels. I would like to display them somehow. Thanks

28. tattfrog

tattfrog

flashlites,gun's,G.I.Joes,and anything else I think is cool.

29. last g-man

last g-man

......started out w/a collection of every Hotwheel/Matchbox/ho scale slot car or accessory that crossed my path - by default. Anal 'lil fucker I was I never destroyed any and most all are still wrapped in toilet paper. That covers grade school thru early high [I'm now 5o yrs old by the way].

College [when not too stoned/drunk] sucked up vinyl/turntables. That did get whittled a bit - only a mere 800 or so lps and one table now........aaaahhhhh, that warm analog.

Remainder of life, like many here , has seen it's share of diversification. Lot of the same old - wives [3], debt [uncontrolled and climbing], kids [2], pets [cats 15, dogs 2, as well as bunnies, chinchillas, fish and now breading crested geckos].

During this last phase has come what I guess could be considered the only directed attempt at real collecting I've accomplished. I have amassed a substantial pile of pressed steel toy vehicles ranging in production yrs 1930 thru the late '50's. Primarily of two varieties Marx and Wyandotte. The latter has landed me loosely what I guess is my 15 minutes of geek fame. Got part of collection published in a Wyandotte toy "bible" that came out a few years back. At one point I had several national toy dealers fightin' for my attention when high market stuff showed up - sick........and I still have all of that collection.

If anybody actually reads this entire rant I'll be impressed. I'm sittin' in the hospital, it's goin' on 2AM and I'm fucking bored to tears. Plus now I've started mentally adding up that "debt gone wild" mentioned earlier and depression is jumpin' on board......help

Ed

30. G-man,
    Just a little something that helps us through life. "the thrill of the hunt..." Everytime I say i'm done collecting,I see something ,"hey,I don't have that one!",and it starts again,LOL!!!