Register now to get rid of these ads!

Damn that car is ugly....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellbound gasser, Oct 8, 2007.

1. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

I tried to come up with a corny question so that i wasnt just showing off but i couldnt so here is what i just spent 26 hours driving back from idaho with.....I am going to do very little to it....the right tires, remove the stickers and thats about it....try to get rid of the "surf wagon" vibe cause it is going to be the towcar for my 41 (not to mention my daily)...

Attached Files:

2. An Iowa surf wagon. Classic.

I bet it looks much more at home in Orange county.

Nice car. Congratulations.

JH

3. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

look arround there is one here that looks really cool, there is also a 61 that someone turned into a 2 door wagon floating arround.. they can be cool but it takes a bit of work...

4. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

that cars incredible man. i've got a 54 bel air wagon i'm fixin up for my tow car. that thing is super you've got with all that chrome!

reggie

5. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

I guess i should clarify, i dont think the car is ugly....but i know all my friends do.....:D

6. That's a cool car! Looks pretty good just like it. Bet it has a nice smooth ride too.

7. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

8. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

9. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

Thanks for the compliments guys....it does ride real smooth and runs like a top.....they also took a floor mount 8-track player and turned it into a stereo hiding box. the front of the 8-track flips down and there is a newer cd head unit inside..

10. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Nice wagon! I love it.

11. Impala65

Impala65
    from Brazil

Don´t is a ugly car, but very cool. I prefer Chevys, But I like of all wagons of all marks. Good luck !

12. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha Ha...I'd have to be holding a LOT of beer to dig that body style...but it wins BiG points on originality!!! Good score!!!

13. Bull

Bull

I think I saw that one on eBay recently. Looks like a nice car. Love them wagons!

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I like it, and would be proud to drive it. It'll make a great tow vehicle for your 41.

15. Mopar34

Mopar34

My dad had a black one in 62. I always thought it would be nice to lower the lid about 4 inches, deep tint the windows, run lakes, add air bags on all four corners, upgrade the suspension and brakes and drop in a 428. Put some well placed flames on the hood and head on down to the DQ to scare the beejesus out of some of those mom and pop types.:eek: :D

16. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

Hahahaha!

It was on the bay but i didnt buy it from there.....
    Btw i bought it to replace my daily (a pos 2004 silverado i bought new and it had been falling apart ever since) and my parents have been fighting me on the reliability issue (not that they have any say in it, just a general anger, i dont come from hotrod blood).....my dad let me borrow his 2008 f350 and enclosed box to pick it up....the f-350 split the tanks from the core on the radiator in butte montana......reliability my ass!!

17. Muttley

Muttley

The car will thank you, those tires look awful. If it's going to be your tow vehicle it needs some cool decals...........just not the lame peel & sticks it has now.

18. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

I got ugly:

Attached Files:

19. FWIW, '61 was the last year for a factory 2-dr ranch wagon.. made about 8,000 of them -

'60 Fords are sharp cars, I wouldn't complain about driving one.

20. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

I was planning on putting some good stuff in the back windows. It's weird, the guy has some cool waterslide shiite on it (a 62 winternats and a lions class winner), but the rest are surfboard company bs....

21. Muttley

Muttley

Check my signature for decals I have for sale, let me know if you need any.

22. Rob, Nice score, and don't bang the surf companies brother. Oh yea, where've ya been hiding? You going to CHRR?

23. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

ive been hiding in magazineland (which will be out this week). i have been wanting to do the breakfast thing but i refuse with a new pickup...now i have no excuse.
    i will be at the reunion(with the new book of course)

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

'60 Fords, you either love'm or hate'm. I personly love'm. One of my favoite '60's body styles. I looked at a wagon a couple years ago, three on the tree and six cyl. under the hood. Just didn't have the cash at the time.

Very cool.

GV

25. drock6570

drock6570

those big girls are still sexy, I dont care what anyone says

26. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Seems 1960/61 were the highwater mark years for weird in automotive design. I think the 60 ford was one of the best looking Fords and certainly the best looking 1960 design.

Only gotta look to Mercury to see how close real ugly was.

[​IMG]

27. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I actually like the Mercury version better...looks like sorta Moaprish!!

28. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

Dam man what route you take?? LOL, nice Car!

29. slam it and lose the woodgrain and it would be fine.

Then again, didn't Codpiece just build one of those a while back?

A lot of those 58-59-60-61 cars you either love or hate, but compared to the crap they build today I'd take any one of them hands down. Even a '58 Oldsmobile.

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your car is uglier than I am.............. Oops that didn't come out right.

Sweet daily, and trad rod would look good being dragged around by that (If you must trailer it....)
    I would love something like that for my daily driver. Fuckit I'm jealous.