Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

Old cars of course
    some old speed items
    Army Air Corp of all types
    Vintage plane parts..see avatar
    Old ignition model engines
    U control models, especially speed planes (would post pics but work
    computer locked)
    Vintage tools,games ,etc

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Got the Lime '65 Saturday- been looking for 10 years. Have about 20 original paint Stingray bikes.

Attached Files:

3. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Over the years, I've collected just about everything. Right now, I'm collecting skateboard decks......
    Here's my latest "treasure." It's a hand painted oak deck painted by Wes Humpston. He's the guy that started Dogtown skates and now has Bulldog Skates. www.bulldogskates.com I had a lot of input into this design.
    [​IMG]
    I also own this by Kelly Williams, a young artist/snowboarder/skateboarder from Salt Lake City. (frame not included)
    [​IMG]
    And this one. A VERY limited edition "Car Paint" deck by Wes that has been pinstriped by Dan Barnett. "1 of 1"
    [​IMG]

4. Casper, I'm impressed.

I have a few pieces. A perfect porcelain Coca-Cola fishtail sign, a '66 Schwinn Stingray, a gas pump, a pedal car, a neon clock & a few neon signs. There is some HAMB-member art & a few 1930's Arcade iron cars scattered around here. I have a bad weak spot for Arcade cast iron toys.

I had a lot more but realized a few years ago that none of it was putting a hot rod on the road. It just killed me to sell most of it but, to be honest, I never missed it... & now I can't even remember what all I had. Every now & then I'll see an old toy or sign & remember that I had one once.

If I could afford to collect, I'd be dangerous. As it is now though I have to decide between stuff just to sit around & look at or hot rod parts.

I choose hot rod parts.

JH

5. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

This thread has made me feel so much better about my hoard of old parts and toys. Hot rodders are packrats by nature I guess! :D

6. dangeroustoy

dangeroustoy

WOW... I used to design many of the BB gun packaging for Daisy. I used to collect BB guns and prototype BB guns that I picked up here and there when I was working for Daisy. There is a very nice BB Gun Museum in Rogers Arkansas that has BB guns dating back to the mid 1800's!

Dave Brisco

7. I never expected this thread to go so long! Funny...it was just a passing thought...

8. casper

casper

I just wanted to thank Harrison for the kind words, and I totally understand your point about the value of the junk just sitting around to look at (and dust!) compared to the investment of parts that you can actually use and enjoy. I often consider selling some stuff and buying something to drive around and enjoy! Thanks again, Casper.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey Kenny remember me on that SBC? injection.:D

10. casper

casper

No problem Mark, I still can't thank you enough for letting me drive your 32 coupe. When I get ready to liquidate anything, I will surely give you "first dibbs". You and Kiwi Kev. are my heros!

11. Here's the latest.
    Found a Star Wars broker. He gave me $3700 for the first box! 25 pieces,and I still have 120 or so pieces left. Sending him more pieces tomorrow. Looks like i'll get my interior done much sooner. I'm sure the stuff is worth twice what he's giving me,cause he's got to sell them to other collectors. I don't care,it's all profit to me. As long as I can finish my Merc...

12. Turbo442

Turbo442

Congratulations! I have a friend who used to buy and sell Star Wars stuff, who started out just collecting. Once a guy contacted him thru a friend of his. He had quite a few cases of original stuff that a former renter had left behind. He tried contacting the guy for about 6 months then just gave up. Anyway both made out pretty well on the deal.
    Don't forget to show off that interior when you get it done. Maybe you should do a Star wars theme. I am kidding of course.

13. I'll definately post pic's. It won't be long.

14. HELLMET

HELLMET

i collect blc head lights i have about 12 pairs i used to collect living dead dolls the first seires i only have 4 left any body buy these?comics 5 big boxes full hot wheels the merc passion ones hey bob need any of these? and a few johnny lighting barris series customs. billy

Attached Files:

15. I've got every Merc thing that's been made. Plus many one-off custom ones.

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am an Antique dealer so I am always buying and selling stuff. I hit auctions, flea markets, antique malls, etc.....every weekend and every chance during the week. As for what I collect, I have a great toy station wagon collection, coin collection, off-brand 50's & 60's Guitars (teisco etc...), and a few old pocket watches. And then there is my garage with all my auto related stuff (parts, magazines, memorabilia, art). Collecting is in my blood. I LOVE it. When you find something good it is a great feeling.

17. Kerry67

Kerry67

Here is part of the Station wagon Collection. If anyone has anything on Wagons, I am always interested.

Attached Files:

18. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

My wife collects Living dead dolls. We get them when we can. They are getting expensive for the early series like yours and the mini's are
    rising in price now too!

19. Living Dead Dolls?

20. I bet I have a few Wagons you don't have!

21. Pics Bob?

22. GaryC.

GaryC.

Yep... I collect toy cars in just about every scale.
    I have about 300 of them in three display cases in my family room.

If anyone has ever seen this one get back to me.
    It's an old land speed racer called "The Silver Bullet".
    The original had a Sunbeam engine and did not set
    any LSRs. I have never seen another one exactly like it.
    I suspect it was manufactured in Europe in the 30s.

Mostly though, what I collect is DUST!

Attached Files:

23. I was buying up original redline hot wheels on ebay before ebay exploded. I scored a mint beachbomb for 30 bucks and 42 other redlines cheap. 4 yrs later i sold all of them for big bucks and with the money i bought a 64 impala from a little old lady with 30k original miles for 4k. Now i collect crack pipes i have a huge collection.

24. sledish

sledish

I collect sea shells, you might have seen my collection scattered through out the beaches of the world "Steven Wright":D

25. plumpcars

plumpcars

I have a pretty fair collection of bonsai trees. Took it up due to poor health some years back and never looked back.

Attached Files:

26. KustmAce

KustmAce

vintage dr pepper stuff

27. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

i collect alot of things.... tattoos, ww2 uniforms and stuff, and old "things". whatever strikes my interest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Well,all the shit is out of the storage unit! That's $200 more a month toward my Merc,YEEHAW!!!
    No more"when you gonna take care of that!" Thank GOD!!! I love my wife,but every now and then,Alice Cramden comes out!
    Hard to believe,but there's people out there that collect "EVERYTHING"! Doesn't matter what it is.
    Okay,enough ranting. "Back to your scheduled program...brought to you by CREST"...

29. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am starting to get into Bolex's....just got round bottom H8 and H16 reflex.

30. Totally lost! What's a Bolex?