Register now to get rid of these ads!

where would you use a left foot MOON gas pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ratfink, Oct 3, 2007.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have a friend who scrounges aluminum for scrap. he popped up the other day with a moon gas pedal.. the one that looks like a shoe print. it is for the left foot.

where might a left foot gas pedal be used?

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

If you lost a right leg in a tragic gardening accident it could come in handy.

But seriously maybe left foot brake pedal for a rail or something?

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It is actually a foot rest made to match the gas pedal.

4. send_it_all

send_it_all

Dual Carbs?.....lol

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it's on a pivot.. just like the right side gas pedal. no spring though... don't know if is missing or never had one

it would be good for some of those rat rods with no floor. get a left and a right for the passenger side too.

6. lewislynn

lewislynn

Air brakes.

7. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

8. GARY?

GARY?

In one of them cars where they drive on the other side of the road. You know like China 'er somethin' :D

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

They're available on their site still. $48.00

10. gearjam1

gearjam1

One of my project cars is a right-hand drive British Jowett Jupiter. If the pedals (and floor) weren't missing...I'd go out and see if they placed the gas on the left...

11. Sracecraft

Sracecraft

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=630 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=315><CENTER>[​IMG]<SCRIPT> function ShowlargeImage(whatimage) { popupWin = window.open(whatimage, '', 'scrollbars,resizable,width=500,height=450'); }//--> </SCRIPT> </CENTER></TD><FORM name=prodinfo action=https://www.boatdesigns.com/itemadd.asp?additem=90-543 method=post><TD vAlign=top width=315><INPUT type=hidden name=addtocart><INPUT type=hidden name=addtowishlist> <TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#cccccc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100&#37;" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=tdRow1Color width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=plaintextbold>Item Number : 90-543</TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ProductPrice>Unit Price: $190.50</TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD class=plaintextbold vAlign=bottom>Quantity <INPUT class=plaintext maxLength=5 size=4 value=1 name=txtquanto valign="bottom"> <INPUT class=plaintext type=hidden value=0 name=is_giftcert> </TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD><INPUT onclick=displaythis(this) type=image src="https://www.boatdesigns.com/images/btn-buynow.gif" align=bottom value=cart border=0> <INPUT onclick=displaythis(this) type=image src="https://www.boatdesigns.com/images/btn_Add_Wishlist.gif" value=wishlist border=0> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- var txt = "Bookmark This Page!" //var url = this.location; var url = 'http://www.boatdesigns.com/prodinfo.asp?number=90-543'; //var who = document.title; var who = 'Boat plans, kits, inboard hardware, Boat building supplies, epoxy store-Cavitation Foot Control'; var ver = navigator.appName var num = parseInt(navigator.appVersion) if ((ver == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")&&(num >= 4)) { document.write(''+ txt + '') } //--> </SCRIPT>Bookmark This Page!
    Refer this page to a friend </TD></FORM></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width=630><TBODY><TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=630 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=THHeader> Detailed Description</TD></TR><TR><TD class=plaintext>Provides fast action control of the adjustable cavitation plate. Attractive cast aluminum pedal is polished and adjustable to right or left along the shaft to position it for driver comfort. The 7/8" x 17" shaft is keyed to accommodate the pedal and is equipped with special "Oilite" bearings in a housing that can be mounted to the side of the motor stringers or any other upright. Comes with control arm and clevis with 1/2"-20 internal

Craig
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

It's for going backward.

13. dorksrock

dorksrock

clutch pedal? that would be kinda cool!

Jordan

14. old beet

old beet

RHD cars still have the pedals the same. L to R, clutch, brake, gas!!

15. ray

ray
    from colorado

they'd make bitchin footrests for the "right" harley or similar chopper.

16. lewislynn

lewislynn

Suicide clutch?

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Provides fast action control of the adjustable cavitation plate. Attractive cast aluminum pedal is polished and adjustable to right or left along the shaft to position it for driver comfort. The 7/8" x 17" shaft is keyed to accommodate the pedal and is equipped with special "Oilite" bearings in a housing that can be mounted to the side of the motor stringers or any other upright. Comes with control arm and clevis with 1/2"-20 internal

nice... but what the heck does that one do?

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

footrests on a Harley.. now your talking

19. ray

ray
    from colorado

something i've wanted to do for a while, but i don't have the right bike, too big for my minimalist triumph.

20. Burgy

Burgy

maybe its just there to mess with people?

21. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

You see them all the time in High speed ocean racing boats,It's to control the cavitation plates,which prevent surface air reaching the props when you have two or more Lambo V12's screaming in the stern of your $4,000,000 ocean racer you need to be able to control that sucker.
    [​IMG]

22. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Ohhhh, a cavitation plate control. Why didn't you say so.

Learn something new every day!

23. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

24. borntoolate

borntoolate

My personal favorite.

25. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I use one on a fork lift at work.

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

put it in the back seat...for that backseat driver

27. Blackjack Hotrods

Blackjack Hotrods

You say that jokingly but I remember my Father having a little moon barefoot pedal with a ring on the back that would sit on the floor mounted dimmer switch. I wonder now if he still has it or even knows where it is.....

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Australia? Rudder pedal for an airplane? combo footrest/dimmerswitch pedal? What do you want for it, it got the mate in my coupe!

29. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Pedals would be the same, clutch, brake, gas, left to right. But, on a Jowett, the the shift pattern is reversed!?!

Kurt O. (veritable fountainhead of really useless British car info, or so my wife tells me.)