Register now to get rid of these ads!

jalopyshowdown drags beaver springs ruled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jerry325w, Sep 30, 2007.

1. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

Thank you Thank you Thank you to every man and woman who helped put on the BEST event I think I've EVER attended! Of course I'm just repeating what everyone else has wrote, but I still can't get over how great the first ever Showdown Drags truly were!
    Drove 3 hours each way from Maryland with my dad, who grew up 15 miles from Beaver Springs. We smiled the whole way home!
    Thanks again to Larry, Bob and Co. . See you next year for sure!

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Hey, thanks!
    imagine how I felt!

to quote our rowdy, Parklane weilding tent neighbors: "It would take a month of funerals to wipe this smile of my face!"

next year...cannot come soon enough! I hope that someone has some shots of my car running...or videos...I'd like to see it, and start a formula for turning up the wick a little...next year...we need to "Reap" that Rebel Reaper...;)

3. richiek

richiek
    from Central PA

There is nothing that I can say here that has'nt already been said. Thank you so much Larry and Kim for everything that you do!!! It was so cool to catch up with everybody that I have'nt seen since May. Also want to thank my good friend Andy (Thunderbirdesq) for making the day a blast. Now...about Beaver Springs...This was the first time that I have ever been there, and all I can say is this place is top notch! Again, I can't thank the Larry and the staff at the race track enough for the day that they put on. It was absolutly incredible how they made it a family event with the kid races too. My girlfriends son won the kids foot race, and I think he slept with the trophy last night...that's something that you can't even put into words!!! I said it all day long, this is gonna be huge in the next few years and I was proud to be at this first!

4. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

i flung my rubber at the beaver!

5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

By the end of Saturday night....I went face down in the Beaver.

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

Was the ride home any easier than the ride up?

7. fatabone

fatabone

I'd say you burned some rubber on the Beaver also! Glad you stuck it out and got the coupe running for the show.

8. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Holy hell was it! Your the man, Larry...that beat the hell outta haulin' over Shade mountain...nice tip, for those of us with underequipped tow vehicles! thanks again, it made for a much nicer ride home...

9. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

lol...yeah, man that was the best...I'm glad we made it, and now we have to plan what we are gonna bring next year!
    thanks to Bob, Bill, Larry, the guy's from So What, Adam & Mike & Jerry, Frank, offers for assistance, tools, beer, our loony friends and neighbors, old ones, and ones we met just this weekend...

Is it time to come back yet?:D

10. tylerb

tylerb

is there anyway we can make it a pre 65 show next year? i always get left out with the galaxie haha but the good thing is that the pre 65 thing keeps away a lot of mustangs and other cookie cutter cars haha

11. blu8503

blu8503

12. WOW! It was exactly what was to be expected. I don't want to elaborate too much on what was already said, but everyone involved, Larry, Bob, Bill, Zombie and a whole bunch of people who support you in putting on one hell of an inaugural event, THANK YOU!

I road up 3 hours from Philly area by myself. Had to sleep in the car Fri night after hangin' with some great people.

Sat morning I set the Big Buick up in Drag trim, then went out and had a ball. Short lived though, as I blew a seal outta the Dyna-flow on the burn-out for the third pass.
    Oh well, spectated the rest of the day and still had a great time!

Sorry I had to limp the Buick home Sat around 4 pm. I missed the bicycle Drags and the rubber band games (that sounds freaky Spike).
    I'll definitely be back next year... with the Sting Ray.
    My legs should hold up better than the Buick. ;)

13. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

The flashlight bike race ruled. Just be sure you dont down a 5th of Rebel Yell before you do it.That was a close one!

My rusty rod got shined with the dew from the Beaver!

14. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

^^^ damn...that ones almost poetic...and disgusting!:D
    by the way...That truck...IS FREAKIN' KILLER! I thought when we were at the track that it looked like the one from the thread...congrats on that.

15. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

I was impressed by the job that Flashback Bill and Beaver Bob did on the microphone- always keeping it fun, but showing their knowledge of the cars that were running.

My first time at the Beaver, but definitely not my last.

A great show all around.
    Thanks Larry & Kim, Zombie, Bill & Bob for a good Fall day in the hills of PA.

16. what everyone else has said....

I like the beaver! they pour honey and mountain dew on it.......

oh, and the dude with the aero mohawk on the orange crate- Im not gonna have a chain failure and beat ya next year in the bike races:D

and anybody that felt sorry for jr. v the world in the rubber band contest, when I got up to go to bed and said my farwell to everyone jr. planted a rubberband right to the side of my face...hahah too much fun!

Don

17. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

Like I told Larry after the event. He reinvented the cheeseburger. It was so awesome that you would wonder why more people don't put on shows like this. I don't know if I like the Latimore Show or the Beaver Springs show best, but I'll have my car done next year, and will be able to judge from a better prospective.:D

18. I wouldnt mind hosting a show like this but when is there an open weekend???? I got up and left before 6 am (sorry if the diesel woke some folks up) and took off home to race at our rival club's (Pistons) test and tune at Thompson. I think I made 16 passes at the beaver. Set a personal best et of 11.19 and also set a best mph at 121! So then I roll into Thompson at a little after 11 am and make another 7 passes and set another best et of 11.09! Just a total kick ass weekend!

19. oh, I almost forgot to plug Beaver Bob for doing something I have never seen at a drag strip or show. He had a meeting for all the drivers before the racing started and did a very comprehensive explaination on how to race. Like how to stage etc. Very cool for folks that have never raced before.

20. 427Beaver

427Beaver

Go to both of them and enjoy. Two different venues and both are a good time. Larry and I want you to experience it all.

Beaver Bob
    Look out!! That big Ford in your mirror is a 427!

21. engraym

engraym
    from Austin TX

I had a blast being a judge for the flashlight Drags at night (I was in a the tower side lane.) Thanks to whoever let me run their bike down the track too against Rob who without a doubt dominated the bike drags. He is the guy to beat next year.

Flashback Bill you are right for next year, have a few rods lined up along side the track to light it up better!

Really the best way to describe the weekend is that every aspect, from the time I showed up Friday night to Sunday morning when I finally departed was on such a personal level It felt more like a family event then a car/drag event.

I had a blast at a lot of shows this past year but this was by far the best and next year for anyone who didn't get a chance to go. SHOW UP FRIDAY there is never a dull moment!

The beaver gave me a good burn though, didn't show up til Sunday after I had my fun. OUCH!

22. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

no doubt, man...it was small enough to be personal...almost had a festival/concert feel...weird at a drag race...so informal...I hope it retains that vibe for years to come, because I'll never miss it!

23. :rolleyes: I think the thought that struck me was that quite a few of the
    rods that raced looked like show cars too, so that is a plus in my
    book....especially when what you see is a screemin rod that goes
    wild down the trac! These guys put a lot of sweat and blood into
    their machines.....Kudos to them all!!!:)

24. Man, sounds like a good time. I'll be there next year, its a long haul for us from Jersey.

Hey Brylen, maybe next year you'll have the 39 running and you can drive that. Lets get that thing finished :D

Best, MRAK

25. plmczy

plmczy

This is another one of those not to miss shows. Everything went smoothly and was fun. My son and his buddy were the ones walking around in the blingbling hats. My sons friend was the one who won the chance to ride in Larry's roadster. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. He's had a rough life so far and he lives with his grandparents, so I try to interest him in stuff like this. Thanks Larry for taking them both for a ride it really made their day. They are both looking forward to next year already. later shawn