Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHRR - Got my Racer Credentials.. ROLL CALL?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShakeyPuddin55, Sep 20, 2007.

1. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I just got a confirmation card from the NHRA to run my 55 Chevy in the Exhibition Class at the '07 CHRR in Bakersfield in October.

We are really excited. The kids will be on fall break so the whole family is making the trip.
    We have only been on the west coast for about 2 years and this is my first time going.

What can we expect??
    Who else is going??

2. Mike

Mike

Bitchin', I'll look forward to seeing you run there. I'll be out there with with my orange '57 Chevy "Thumper".

This is one of my favorite events. Famous race cars, hot rod & drag racing hereos, racing pretty much all day, killer swap meet, killer vendor area, killer pits, cacklefest, and a lot of bitchin' cars in the grove. You'll dig it.

Also, a great party at Sqweak Bell's shop on Saturday night.

3. sean72

sean72

Right on ShakeyPuddin,

Looking forward to seeing the 55 in person. The CHRR is a blast, one of if not my favorite event of the year. Lots of old race cars and drivers are there as well. Do a search for photos from last years CHRR.

Sean

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I wouldn't miss it!
    Unreal weekend!

5. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

I just got my 3 day spectator and camping credentials this week. I'll be there with the wife and kids also. Definitely the high lite meet of the year in my books.

joe

6. I'll be there, with a visiting Brit, and a cast of almost 50 more Brits....supporting Honky Tonkin, the '57 Gasser being shipped from the UK for the event

:D

7. Muttley

Muttley

I'll be there, the CHRR rules.

8. Mike

Mike

I love that car. I'm looking forward to seeing that machine in person.

9. I'll be there and I WILL look yo u up as I LOVE that car,glad to hear you made it in have a great trip!!!

10. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Can somebody please take a few picks 9 any info also )of that 65 Fairlane Straight Axle car. Light blue...Thanks

11. rooman

rooman

I will be there as crew chief on Mark Vaught's NE 1 dragster. Look for the Phase 111 Racing / Vaught Electric trailer. We are shaking the car down tomorrow night for this weekend's NPCA race at Indianapolis Raceway Park.

Roo

12. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Group:
    Both Scorpion 1 and Scorpion V will be on hand and running in the Cackle Fest. Look for the Texas flags and come in to the Scorpion hospitality tent to say helo.
    dwrfab Don Ross

13. Got my credentials last week! Never miss the CHRR, been to every one. See you guys there!

14. I'll be there. There's a lot going on. A lot of people, not a lot of Richard Cabeza attitudes. Tons of drag racing action. Open pits, "keep your head on a swivel", there are people on bikes, scooters, minibikes, golf carts, etc. If you're close enough, and have never been ... GOOOOO!!!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204940

Thanks,
    Kurt

PS- Chili Phil should be chiming in sooner or later.

PPS- I wanna see those Chebbies paired up!

15. Ratty

Ratty

Ya lucky beggar Dave , missed seeing Honky Tonkin' at the HRD's last week as she was on her way Stateside . Take plenty of pic's eh ?

16. I hear its staying here as well? As Lee has a 'new project' to take home?

I'm sure I'll get a picture or two.... ;)

17. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Looks like the 57 has me covered by a couple tenths but it should be a good side by side race depending on who can get the holeshot.

18. I got 5 bucks (you do the pounds conversion :D) on Shakey Puddin!

Thanks,
    Kurt

PS- Someone that can take a good video of them paired up, should.

19. FEDER

FEDER

We will be there. Raced in the A/FX last year. Leavin the car home this year.
    All We have to do is Drink Beer. We will look Ya up and Say Hi Shakey.
    Also A32 and the BRITS. SEE YA THERE !!!!!!! FEDER

20. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

plannin on making the journey again this year., it'll make 4 in a row for me.

21. smokindave

smokindave

I am having a bbq at my house on that friday night for fellow HAMBers. You guys are invited. We will be shooting pool ,dirnkin beers, and eating.

22. LIMEY

LIMEY

Wasn't going to come over this year but work has been good to me, so to hell with it i'm coming!

Here's another pic of Honky Tonkin
    [​IMG]
    Kev.

23. Ratty

Ratty

Yeah , reckon I can stretch to that , you're on . $5 says Honky Tonkin ' kicks ass :D:D:D

24. The Vipers will be at our usual spot. Always worth a visit. If all goes to plan, we will be hosting a certain Fuel Altered coupe. ;-)

Attached Files:

25. Are you gonna be there? Whose car is it, and who's driving? That second post with the picture is impressive; my $5 is :eek:.

Thanks,
    Kurt

26. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

We'll be in the Jr. Fuel pits. Stop by and say hello. That or throw shit at my 56 as I tow the dragster back from the shut off.

Matt

27. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Fo shizzle. Got my photo credentials approved last week. One of my favorite races/events of the year. Mmmmmmmmmm.................Chili.

28. Ratty

Ratty

Wish I could be there mate , not this year unfortunately .
    The car is owned and driven by Lee Pike and Jerry Denning , and it looks even better in the flesh ! Don't panic , those times were run in the UK , and everyone knows cars go faster over here , what with our climate and worse track grip ... :rolleyes:

What say the loser of the bet chucks the $5 in the HAMBandy build fund ?

29. Bummer that you can't be there. Good call on donating.

Thanks,
    Kurt

30. I'm going. You can expect one of the better events of the year. Great old track with tons of history/character. Like a trip back in time. Great manufactures/vendor midway, swap meet, car show, drag racing, etc. Be sure to walk the pits, as lots of old race cars don't actually run, but can be seen. One of the top events for sure