Register now to get rid of these ads!

Evil hot rodder kills racoon on Lassie...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

What a trip...I was flipping channels and they just had a 1962 episode of Timmy and Lassie on TV Land where Lassie's racoon pal gets creamed by a juvie hot rod hoodlum in his roadster.

Lassie catches up with the kid at the drags and bites him. Kid says he is sorry and all is forgiven and they go back to the business of dragging with a 32 roadster up against an A (I think...went by too quick).

I wish somebody could make a collection of hot rod episodes of old TV shows...I would like to see that one again along with the Leave it to Beaver one when Wally parts out the car, and some of those other old shows that had hot rods in them.

Heck, I have never seen the Ozzy Nelson show with Ricky buying the hot rod or some of the others.

I have seen the Munsters deal a couple of times though.

Any shows you guys remember that stand out?

2. DrJ

DrJ

Was it a "hotrod" or just a delinquent kid in just another old jalopy car?
    I seem to remember lots of 20-30 year old cars driven by the local yokels in that show, to make it look more like a bunch of country bumpkins.
    That show was way hokey, way too hokey "Hollywood's version of backwoods farmers" for me so I didn't watch it too often but got to see it because my sis watched it, you know how that is.. If it's on you know it exists but don't really "consume" it?

(I never could figure out whay a shoot-um-up western had a jeep in it either?
    (Roy Rogers) When I was a kid I thought the west had been tamed way before the Jeep came along?)

They did one Lassie where someone was changing a wheel on a car and it rolled off the jack on their legs and of course Lassie ran for help and of course no one "read" Lassie's excitement about the emergency right away...
    You'd think after a while, anytime Lassie was jumping like a Kangaroo it meant "follow me and bring a bucket because the barn's on fire , again!"

Besides, Lassie was a Laddie....
    :rolleyes:

Maynard G. was my hero.... :cool:

3. Mutt

Mutt

A lot of shows had hot rod themes. Chester A. Riley was dismayed when Junior
    traded his shiney convertible for a '32 roadster. But in the end it became a stunning hot rod, and Chester helped to secure a drag strip for the kids to race at. The episode title was "Juvenile Delinquent".
    The shows were made with the cooperation of NHRA to help get public support for hot rodding at a time when it was less than acceptable. If all of the TV parents ended up approving, it must be OK....

Life of Riley
    Dragnet
    Ozzie and Harriet
    The Real McCoys
    Lassie
    Munsters
    Leave it to Beaver

Any other shows you guys can remember from the fifties with hot rod themes?

77 sunset strip had Kookie's car, but it was more of a prop than a story line.

Mutt

4. 2-TONED

2-TONED

Leave it to Beaver

Wally & Eddie go over & chain Lumpys 'kick ass' 40 deluxe convertible to a tree or something.

Lumpy takes off out the drive & jerks the "chrome plated' rear out of the 40

torque tube, rear, with the rear wheels on it are spinning around in Lumpys driveway. the 40 dropped to the ground & Lumpy was crying! HAHAHAHAAAA

WHERES THAT 40 NOW? ILL TAKE IT with or without that chrome plated rear!
    OR ill even just take the chrome banjo!

5. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Nope, they were hot rods.

One had bobbed fenders and a roll bar...most were fenderless and one had white wall slicks.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you can kill a racoon that is on Lassie with your Hot Rod, and not hurt the dog, that is good driving in my book.

7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

8. DrJ

DrJ

Remember when Riley built the boat in the living room and then installed a new "picture window" in the front wall after having to knock it out to get the boat out of the house?

I liked Riley... He was a real guy.
    He was a riviter at an aircraft plant.
    Just a regular "Chester", not a "Doctor Stone"
    or "Ozzie Nelson, TV Sit-com Producer"
    Ozzie never had a "fake" job on that show, he pretty much acted the part of a '"retired" person, playing golf in the daytime in the middle of the week, etc..

9. Mutt

Mutt

"What a revoltin' development this is, Peg............"

Mutt

10. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

My favorite 60's episode of "Adam 12' Officer Jim reed,fixes up his old high school ride,a '55/56 ford,to race ,the little smart-ass cop(played by gary crosby?) in a fastback mustang. Drag-strip operator(played byDick Clark) gets his timing equipment stolen. The final race is shot a Lions Drag strip, Gets played on TV land once in a blue moon.:D Sparky

11. DrJ

DrJ

It just occured to me, "Ozzie & Harriet" was probably the first "Reality Show!"

It was in some ways similar to the Ozzie & Sharon Osborn's show, cept without the Sex, and Drugs, but it even had the Rock & Roll!

12. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Interesting i was flipping thru the channels my self ..no racing and snow here in michigan and I happened on the lassie show. Guess what I didnt see the one you saw and I kept surfing... Lassie is a pussy :p The only thing that would have topped it was a good old gunsmoke show. ahhh yes horseshit and gunpowder it dont get any better... well if your 80 like my dad you understand all that shit ?
    Dave

13. Church Key

Church Key

That HOT RODDER that killed the racoon was T.V. Tommy Ivo. For those of you who don't know him , he was a child actor in fifties, who went on to be a sucessful drgster driver in the 60's and 70's.

14. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Ya know, now that you mention it you are right, it was him. I was so busy trying to see the cars I did not pay attention to what was going on with the 'coon and all. I can't believe that did not register with me at first...good catch man!

He is also in that DVD I picked up thanks to "God damn 430's" bad influence "The Hot Rod Gang Meet the Ghost of Dragstrip Hallow."

15. KustmAce

KustmAce

I really need to watch Nick At Night more often...

16. BELLM

BELLM

Hey DrJ wouldn't it be a hoot if they could do a reality show like Trading Spouses where Ozzie & Harriet and Ozzie & Sharon traded spouses for a week?

17. Church Key

Church Key

DRAG STRIP HOLLOW, one of my favorites. Lot of great old rods, hip talk, great looking girls. There is a scene that has a pajama party, and they are all dancing around to a record called Geronamo, done by Bruce Johnson of the Beach Boys. Great movie!!

18. Church Key

Church Key

There was an episode with hot rod racing on 77 Sunset. I did not see ,but it was featured in Cars Magazine Nov 61.

19. Church Key

Church Key

My Three Sons
    Donna Reed Show
    Father Knows Best
    Mr. Ed
    Here is four more shows that had hot rod episodes

20. Cecil

Cecil

Here is some more old shows with Hot Rods !!! Peter Gunn - Route 66 - I Married Joan - Love that Bob - Giget - Andy Griffith - The Real McCoys - The Waltons - The Tycoon - Window on Main Street

21. I have a fuzzy memory of an episode of Ozzie and Harriet where Ricky and one of his friends builds a hotrod to race at the local strip....seems like it was a 37 chevy coupe. All I really remember was Ricky saying something about the competition seeing "Nothing but our tailights"...
    Weird how your memory works...or doesn't.

22. photofink

photofink

23. No - the racoon was in the road - not Lassie - Lassie see's the car and the driver that ran over her friend & she gets even later. Yes - I've seen it before also. It's fun to watch alot of those old tv shows just to even see the old cars and trucks in the background.:D

24. Anderson

Anderson

Is there any way to lock posts that are this old so ignorant posters don't bring them back to the top all the damn time?

czuch likes this.
  25. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

anybody remember a movie('60's i think) of a family on vacation. there where some punk kids in hot rods/jalopies that would play chicken. one of the boys is trying to hook up with the daughter. towards the end the dad has his station wagon parked in the road with the lights on so the kid thinks they are driving. he heads straight for the wagon then realizes it is not moving, swerves out of the way and crashes. the dad comes out and beats the cars with a bat or something. ???????

26. photofink

photofink

Isnt that hot rods to hell?

27. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Yeah, we all now Merc has moved on and is watching Gentle Ben and Flipper now.

28. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Ya never know... Ozzie O. might find Harriet to be a handful !

29. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I also like watching TCM and that other old movie station (A something). There are always lots of great cars (stock and hot rods) in those old movies. The other day I watched the original Shaggy Dog. It had a T roadster in it.

30. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the episode that left the biggest impression on me. Another time June and Ward trusted the boys to drive the car somewhere over the weekend, and they took a shortcut through the woods on some dirt road and really trashed the car. "Gee Wally, dad's really gonna be mad, isn't he?"