Register now to get rid of these ads!

WHAT..?? No Sunday models yet..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustedlifter, Sep 16, 2007.

1. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

second week in a row I'll start...scary,man. I built this many years ago,it's been collecting dust in my basement shop the last couple of years.

Attached Files:

2. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

almost finished with my 55 i converted into a 4 door, and the '40 taildragger is almost ready for paint

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Anderson

Anderson

That 4-door conversion is is very well executed. Even though I think it would have been better to convert your 1:1 into a 2-door :D

Here's a couple I finished last week. Mostly finished anyway. The red one still needs exhaust and steering, the blue one needs a radiator hose, and they both need radiator support rods. I'll get to it eventually. Anyway, here they are. The pictures aren't the best.

[​IMG]

Blue Coupe:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car that was my inspiration:
    [​IMG]

The red coupe:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

4. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

thats bull hahaha i like 4 doors better than 2 doors anyway, its high time someone decided to stand up and support them by takin a 2 door and making it a 4 door :D

5. EarPunch

EarPunch
    from Conroe, Tx

Wow, those are amazing. I thought about building a model until i seen these. No comparison, i'll leave you guys to it. The coupes simply blew me away. Keep up the great work guys.

6. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Hey Fidge and Olskool good to see you guys still posting over here even thou we found such a kickass website elsewhere that is traditional rods and kustom models 24/7

i got some work done on a 3 window 32 also this week, i need to take some pics after last nights thrash, but ill get some pics up on both sights soon

7. didgeytrucker

didgeytrucker

And where would that be?

Fidgeter, those coupes are spot on! And I'm diggin' that conversion,, ol'skool.

Tracy

8. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

+1 , where's it at?

9. customcory

customcory

I would like to see everybodys big stash of models in the closet!You show me yours , Ill show you mine type of thing.:D

10. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

11. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

Howdy, just signed on this AM. found the header about models so heres a couple that ought to fit in here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you want to see more.

12. jpbanjo

jpbanjo
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Here's the 1/8 scale version of my full scale Buick powered roadster. I think building car models when I was a kid led to my later addiction to the real thing.

Attached Files:

13. customcory

customcory

I'm glad you guys post your models, I wish I had more time to do mine.
    busted lifter... cool Trantula, I remember when those come out . Bought a few of them when I was younger!
    ol'skool29...I use to drive 55 an 57 Chevrolet 4 doors a long time ago. You have to own one to really appreciate them, right?
    fidgiter... nice to see that firewall after gettin my Goodguys mag yesterday. Nice coupes man!
    old hermit...Hell yea , show us some more, that truck looks real in that pic! Cool.
    As for my first post, I'll show you mine first. They go back about 3 deep, and mostly early stuff. Plenty of stuff to do:D I gotta hook up with Modelhaus one of these days to get some parts.

Dsc00788.jpg

Dsc00789.jpg

Dsc00790.jpg

14. rdzimm2001

rdzimm2001

old hermit, glad to see you here. You'll find the folks and model builders that hang out here a lot different and more friendly than any site you frequent. This place is loaded with serious gearheads of all types.
    Love the pick up model. You forgot to mention that all your models are 1/8th scale. Looks similar to one I've been working on for the past couple of years. Doing the final body primer and paint as we talk. Hope to have some pics posted here shortly.
    Got a PM coming your way shortly.
    CHEERS!!!!! ZIMM

15. I had a 55 BelAir 4 door sedan many, many years ago. 2-tone white over turquoise. It was a very useful configuration to have and it looked cool. I'd like to find another just like it. 4 doors are under appreciated, no doubt about it.

16. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

YES!!!

17. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

MUCH easier to show the unbuilt kits! I added two of the new Revell Mercs to the pile this week. Maybe i'll get started on one before next Sunday.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. customcory

customcory

Yea Coop666 , that's what I'm talking about!:D

19. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

20. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

coop thats crazy all unbuilt kits

i thought my stack of about 15 where bad....lol

21. Anderson

Anderson

Damn Cory, you've got some cool stuff....i love those old boxes.

Here's my corner...and my pre-sorted parts boxes....and I can probably find (or lose) a handful of good parts on my desk somewhere...

Attached Files:

22. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

kitbashing is the best- especially with models already built. the parts already look old-timey...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. customcory

customcory

I spy a IMC 32 Chevrolet sedan delivery from Coop666, and a AMT Model A sedan from Fidgiter. Thats the ones I would like to find at a good price someday. I had the sedan delivery when I was a kid, but IMC kits were intimidating when your little. It got lost along with a lot of others. All my models are the ones I got when they were new. I inherited a lot of them from my uncle in about 1968. All the cars are in their boxes mostly. I sold a lot of them on e-bay to help fund my real 51 Chevrolet. They were kits like AMT annuals my unk had . He never built his, they were mint. I sold a 64 Grand prix, 64 GTO, 64 Cutlass , all hardtops, and some more . They were to new and I made my cut off line at about 1960. More collections?:D

24. didgeytrucker

didgeytrucker

Just a few.....

There are two more closets full.

Tracy

Attached Files:

25. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i envy all you guys with shelves of models and a nice work bench, i'm gonna have to get my own room just for storing and building models, it would sure clean out my bedroom! haha

26. I'm not alone!!!
    I'll get some pictuires up here in a bit.
    Fidg---Those look swwwwweet!
    Cory---build the California Kid, it'll take ya 10 minutes
    (Watch the headlightt, they break--- detail it later.

So you scratch built the motor? WOW! Looks great!

27. Big Somoan

Big Somoan

Does anyone happen to own or know where I find a model, I think it was called "Vandel" black van with a driver side bubble canopy and a single swing up rear door from the 70s early 80s from monogram.

28. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

well here is the newest from the Outlaws Kamp.

can not remember if i posted this one or not last week, but if i did im sorry..... First up is a revell Model A RPU, custom/skratch built bed, severly Z'ed frame, chopped windshield, flattie from AMT's Merc kit with kustom/skratch built lake style headers & carb stacks

Second.... Rusty Model A Pickup, chopped top, weathered body, shortened bed, kustom/skratch built frame, flattie from Lindbergh's 40, wires from Lindbegh's 34 PU

Third..... Chopped Duece 3 window....still under construction... chopped, severly Z'ed frame, Extended Grille shell, molded area for 58 impala parking lights turned into brakelights, Nailhead from AMT's 66 Riv Lowrider, with a kustom/skratch built 6 duece log intake

Attached Files:

29. 66gmc

66gmc

nearing completion on my AMT chopped 49 merc (the real thing not the pre chopped revell kit)...I really need to reorginize my work area I have 20 boxes full of parts plus stuff all over the desk and crammed into every little corner, plus my shelves where im supposed to display models are covered in parts and only actually showcase 15 or so built models.
    [​IMG]

30. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

66gmc = gmckid on Trak right

that damm merc looks good brother, ashame the pic dont show up over there, did you get that fixed cause i noticed the sectioned 56 pic is there... try reposting this one, i wanna see more