Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Header Flanges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Mar 28, 2007.

1. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Just a thought, When I had a 460 in my Bonneville car I found one header bolt impossably close to the tube. I had to make an aluminum flange to bolt to the head, with a counter sunk screw that I ground to match the port, and a new bolt hole 1/2 inch out from the tube. Then I made my flanges to fit that. Common deal on race motors.

2. Farmallmta

Farmallmta
    from P.V. Ks.

Just purchased a '52 Special, need to build headers! How is the Buick I-8 project coming along?

Thanks!

3. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, here's the skinny. The gasket is in three pieces. So unless I can come up with a cylinder head, the flange will be three pieces. Will that be a problem?

4. 8straight8

8straight8

Not sure what size U are looking for on the Straight 8 (248,263, or 320). But I have an extra 248 I am not going to do anything w/. If that is the size let me know, I am in Lombard once a week so it shouldn't be an issue to drop it off @ the shop. To my knowledge the 248 and 263 should be using the same head. Feel free to shoot me a PM on the Czar Board (username rusty)

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Sure, drop it off. The 248 & 263 use the same gaskets at least. We can dimension right off the head and offer it in a single flange instead of three pieces.

6. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

The manifolds are actually 8 separate flanges for the exhaust and 4 flanges in between for the intake, that's why I wanted separate flanges...

7. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

From the gaskets, there aren't enough holes for eight separate flanges. Each gasket (there are three) has four ports and four bolt holes. I suppose you could cut through each bolt location and separate them that way. But three of the ports would then only be held down by a bolt on one side (unless there is a dog on the outside of those two.)

8Straight8 is dropping off a head as some point. So you guys need to decide if you want the three flange dealo or one continuous flange that you can cut up.

8. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

I would be interested in a single flange for the old ford 4 banger. any pics and pricing?

Thanks,
    Phil

9. 8straight8

8straight8

In my trunk and will be drop off @ lunchtime. I know exactly what both Kevin and GRT8 are saying. I think Kevin will get a good idea of the engineering when he sees the head. If he can some how make a single flange for the exhaust, well then that just saves time. The easiest way would be to have a 6 piece flange kit. As for 8 seperate pieces that is just extra work for everyone.

10. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

hey kevin. is the 276 desoto a possibility?

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I can get the gasket for that one, or you could bring me a head or exhaust manifold. Anyone else looking for this one?

12. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Already have that one. $45.00.

[​IMG]

13. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Also, a couple of things for all you guys:

1. Anyone interested in the Buick 320 flange?

2. If you pre-order flanges and are coming to the Pile Up, no freight. Just pre-order, pre-pay, and pick them up at the booth. :)

14. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

OOPS, I had my head shoved up my wrecktem!! The 2 end exhaust ports are seperate and the middle ones are siamesed. a 3 flange dealio would prolly be best and easiest for you...:eek:

[​IMG]

15. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

i'm hopin to pick it up next weekend. i'll stop by the shop when i get into the engine and see what i'm against.

thanks
    ryan

16. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Remember everyone, get your orders in now if you want to pick them up at the Pile Up instead of paying OPEC's freight charges.

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

FYI, we will have some shirts with the Victory Header Flanges logo for sale at the Pileup.

It's not too late to place your order for flanges and pick them up at the Pileup as well.

[​IMG]

18. anewz

anewz
    from nj

do you make intake and headers for a 263 straight eight

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

20. anewz

anewz
    from nj

i need an intake and headers for a 263 buick let me know if you can help

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Absolutely. Call us at the shop. 630.458.0808

22. Pete

Pete

Does anyone make a one piece flange that's the same length as the original gasket?? iLife the flanges fifty V8 made for his headers.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!