Register now to get rid of these ads!

Warhorse alive and well in Kosovo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by warhorseracing, Sep 1, 2007.

1. I don't know if any of you remember me or not but I am finally able to get on the site. Doesn't look like anything here has changed. As the title says I'm now in kosovo, after jumping all around I will be here until sometime in Oct. then stateside again. For those who don't know I am a 19-D instructor with the 197th RTI from Camp Dawson WV, WVARNG. I would also like to thank you for all of your support for all branches of the Military in advance. I tried to post a Picture but my file sizes are too big and I don't know how to re-size them, if anyone can help out on this you can all see who you are talking to. Anyway it is after 9 PM here and tomorrow is a busy day so good night.

SFC Sheedy, AKA Shadow 10, out.

2. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Welcome back, man. How are the Balkans, lately?

3. Actually pretty quiet. I am at Camp Bondsteel and this place is like a R&R stop for Iraq. Camp Montieth is now closed and the pizza delivery man is still running here. The Bubble Gym is no longer and all of the Texas T's are gone, Hero Hall is now Audie Murphy Hall of Honor and houses the old Bubble Gym and still has the Auditorium. All in all though it hasn't changed much

4. jerry

jerry

Welcome back and a big thank you for your sevice. Keep safe.

jerry

5. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Thanks for your service and glad you made it back safely!! I have a son in law in Kirkuk right now proudly serving us!!!

US Army,25th Infantry (light), tropic lightning: "when it absolutely, positively has to disappear overnite...":D

gaspumpchas

6. alsancle

alsancle

A big thank you for your service.

7. Welcome back ,Man!....
    and we as americans should be more aware of where all we have our troops serving-and be more grateful too.

8. Thanks for your service man!

9. damnfingers

damnfingers

As everyone else has said...Thanks for your service!

10. fordy7coupe

fordy7coupe
    from Wylie, TX

11. Brad S.

Brad S.

Sheedy?

Were you ever in 1/1 Cav for 1AD?

I knew a Sheedy around Buedingen in 93-95.

12. Never in !st Cav., 1-150th Armor Scout Plt. Ist ID Recon Scout. and now 197th RTI 19-D Instructor. After Iraq, 2003-2005 they feel it is better to have some of us not forward deployed. Then again after 31 years of service it is a young mans game, the knowledge and expertise helps but age starts to get in the way, along with injuries. Thanks again for all of your support and Shadow 10 out.

13. borntoolate

borntoolate

Thank you for serving and protecting my freedom.

14. Marko

Marko

Thanks for your 31 years of service. My son is in Baghdad, 19D with 1st. Cav. About 10 days ago his Bradley got hit by an IED. Driver KIA, other 4 got out ok. I feel truly humbled by all those serving. Stay safe!!

15. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Scouting teacher...I accidentally ran into this Balkan mapreading teaching tech article online, memorable contour line lesson...
    http://www.therangerdigest.com/index.html , click on "teaching tech"...
    Some other tips here and there on compass teaching, etc.

16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

We have a son who will be home from the middle east tomorrow and a daughter in Bagdad now. Thanks for your service.
    GV

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God bless you and all our troops who are putting everything on the line for all of us to enjoy our freedoms. Stay safe and hurry back home to start enjoying those freedoms you've so rightfully earned.

18. I am due back in the United States on Monday 2 Oct. . It has been a good tour here, 72 New Cav Scouts Trained in 5 weeks, all from the 124th Cav Mass. National Guard. Real great bunch, eager to learn, they will be re-deploying back soon as their rotation is near the end. I don't know where I will e going next but will try to keep you informed, I still have over a year left on these orders so I know I won't be sitting very long. Thank you for all of your support.

Edit Sp

19. 100%

20. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I too want to say "Thank You for your sevice" and 31 years has got to some kind of record!!! HAHAHA! This is from a X-Army (during the 60's) and a Dad of a Marine that fought in this war and came home safe thanks to guys like you watching each others back.