Register now to get rid of these ads!

No More Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Aug 28, 2007.

1. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

cool, the event must go where its apreciated.

i couldn't see why any 1 would wanna have that event removed from their city, that 4 day event proballybrought in more money for everyone in the surounding cities.from hotels,resturantes,gas stations eateries etc.

but oh well F@*l the city of paso.

santa maria will do just fine,alot closer for some of us and a who lot of money to be made in that city.

keep us posted on the dates.

2. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

This really sucks!!!

I have been going to this show with my daughter for years, just the two of us. Our father / daughter weekend. She cried when I told her just now.

I am contacting Penny to see if she needs any help. I know it will be allot of work getting set-up at a new location.

To anyone that knows her, I'll bet she cuo;d use the support.

3. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

ANGELO, THE DATES ARE THE SAME AS ALWAYS ...MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND MAY 23 -24 -25.:cool:

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I acctually am a little excited that Penny, stuck it, to the man (Paso Robles). A car show is all about the people as well as the cars, and it looks like, all the cool people are going to show up in Santa Maria.

5. Imagine how much money the Icecream store will loose. That place was packed,ALL day when I went,two years ago. I agree with the fact that now Penny can charge to walk in. That should generate more cash,and keep the "cheap bastards" out.
    I'm looking forward to it.

6. sledish

sledish

Since we all called it Paso are we gonna start calling it "Maria". Atleast my last Paso was a great one killer weekend with the Family, car ran great got a good spot on the grass, Show picture of the Merc in Rod & Customs Paso coverage. Just add 50 miles to the trip next year.

7. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I'm thankful for the last few years I got to go. This last year was unforgettable. Hopefully the tradition will continue as it was in its new location. Damn, that place was really special.

8. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

She is going to lose a bunch, thats for sure, but this has been coming for a long time, I'm really not surprised, but I am saddened about the news. It's too bad....and it will never be the same.
    Paso is Dead...it is but a memory now.
    .............fuck!!!!

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Sounds better than "SANTA".........ho ho!!!:D

10. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

I hope every person coming from north of Paso, makes a detour at Paso, drives through the city, and does not stop and spend a dime. Let's let all the business people be reminded of what they are missing.

11. Yep, rap your pipes in front of the restaurants, gas stations, motels, etc that USED to get a tidy sum from us. It's not their fault, but a reminder of money lost might remind them who NOT to vote for. I feel bad for the merchants that DO want us, but couldn't do anything because they will get informed AFTER the damage is done.

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Call the new show "Passo" it sounds the same and means a whole lot more!!

13. fuely32

fuely32

Gotta agree, SM has 'more than a few' gang members, and an increasing amount of muggings on local streets, really stuff that just happens as a city grows, unfortunately.....living half way between PR and SM, it's just turn right at the freeway, not left, but I've sure enjoyed Paso, since the first event, years back.....gonna miss it

14. PPO? (post Paso)

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

....."Pass-o"......

16. How about calling it "S&M" ? HA HA!

17. Santa Maria is no Paso, and I don't mean that in a good way. Too bad, but on with the show.

18. DrJ

DrJ

San Pedro gets called Peedro
    Santa Ana gets called Santana.
    What do the locals call Santa Maria?
    (The landed residents I mean.)
    I'd venture to think maybe Sanmarie?
    Maybe it doesn't have a nickname, and who are we to invent one after a couple hundred year?
    After all, I've never heard a shortened name for Santa Monica...?

19. johnnykck

johnnykck

Man I'm gonna miss drivin' down to Paso, always had good time there!! But hey 60 more miles south just means more time drivin' and that's half the fun.
    See ya'll in Saint Mary!!

20. no55mad

no55mad

Have lived in Santa Manure area since 72, it's not bad as far as cops and people. Lots of good restaurents in the area. Very seriously doubt you will see the registered show vehicles for free any more. The fairgrounds is always into your wallet. The Strawberry Festival was going on the same weekend this year in Arroyo Grande as the Paso show. Will definately be colder, windy, and possibly foggy compared to Paso. That's the Santa Maria valley behind the A to left.

21. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

This doesn't just effect the USA. I email a couple of clubs in Japan and from the photos of last years show they noticed (and were bummed) that the Drive-IN was gone. And now the whole Paso location?! This effects people world wide... {thanks} Paso!
    Was fun while it lasted.

22. Re: No More Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be lots more "Paso". It just won't be in Paso

23. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

HAHAHA!!! Ya, Lompton is ghetto and i live in the heart of it. Fortunately its a temporary thing and definately dont call this place "home". Ive had more trouble in SM than Lompoc though so thats why i feel that way.

24. I agree with Groucho, its the people (the good uns') & the cars that make it for me. Paso is a cool town, having the show in the park was cool but it has become such a huge "circus" that I really miss the older smaller Paso. The price gouging on hotel rooms by some places was pretty crappy as was trying to even get a room, but I will miss the little shops & restaurants we used to go to. I will probably just pass through Paso on my way south now, but may still have to stop into Wilson's every once and a while. Paso is becoming very "Wine & Cheese" and has already lost a lot of the old feeling I liked about the downtown, and after the earthquake & loss of some of the older funky stores its not the same. I will give Santa Maria a go, and see how it works out, plus I think giving Penny & WCC support now would be a good thing.

25. R.I.P.....

[​IMG]

Bryan

26. its a shame, they dont know what they are going to miss. OH well.

27. Iron-Iceberg

Iron-Iceberg

A bunch of us tried to get a Drag strip going at the Paso Airport for years. A lot of local business where for it. Just a small strip to have some fun and it got shot down by the wine crowd.
    Paso wants to be the next Napa. And that means they do no want anything that will not look good to wine crowd.
    If you think the cruise brought in money think about all the tax money that those winery's bring in and you will see that we are way out gunned. Some local bussiness benifit but not enough to care. Just time to move on. Go where your wanted. I say.

28. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

the winos will bring all kinds of money in for the city and screw over the small businesses that made the place cool. it'll turn into another town with a bunch of chain-owned stores and eateries eventually. bummer. being in a small business myself, I hate to see changes that will eventually put the mom n pop places under because of greedy city leaders. as much as it sucks, I still look forward to having a good time seeing some bitchin cars and cool cats next year.

29. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

YEAH!!

Paso is even closer now!!

F those Pasholes!!

I will have my '27 Ford RPU there this next year!!

30. fat141

fat141

saubo nasty well put mate this little Aussie and his mates are already at SM.