Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's not a rod yet...but for a price

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MattGergeni, Aug 27, 2007.

1. MattGergeni

MattGergeni

The car is a 1934 Auburn 1250 Salon Speedster — the rarest of the rare when it comes to Auburn Speedsters. Salons had numerous trim-level upgrades, including chrome trim on the fenders and hood louvers.

This special Auburn Twelve Speedster Salon is not actually a “found” car, but rather a long-parked car that has recently become available. Its previous owner recently passed away and never saw his dream to restore the Auburn Twelve Speedster Salon completed. His family has made the car available in hopes another hobbyist will finish the car’s restoration.

According to the article, this is most likely the last 12-cylinder Speedster built.

Anyone out there think this would make an interesting ride if it were "tweaked" out a bit?

You can read more about the car here.

2. Wesley

Wesley

Considering the historical significance of this car, it should be restored to its former glory. What the hell do I know, all of the legal documents and medical professionals say I am nuts.

3. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I vote no.

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

negative ghostrider.

definately not.

5. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

This is a car that should be restored so I vote no

6. tjm73

tjm73

This car will be restored. It will bring crazy money for it's current condition and then the buyer will restore it. As it should be.

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

This car should be restored. Anything else is not acceptable.
    Found some pictures of these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. nexxussian

nexxussian

Dont' get me wrong, I think a boat tail rod would be cool, but the kinda stupid money this thing is gonna bring (even if it was a rusted hulk) the only people that could afford it have names like Lenno and Gates. With the historical significance I have to vote no.

Mr, Lenno, you out there, I believe your car is waiting.:D

9. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

i got to drive one for like 50 feet. i dont think i ever was so scared to touch anything in my life. but damn did that motor sound AWESOME, as unrestored (yet)with no exhaust!

10. tjm73

tjm73

My Father has one of these that is an A8-100 Speedster, which is the fancy 8 cylinder model. It is not a Salon.

This is a V12 Salon......

Attached Files: