Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Navy store prop trucks - worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montclaire, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The truck in the Vestal, NY store is nothing I'd care about anyway. Like some of the other posters reported----no engine/trans, quickie bondo&paint job, and there are sheet metal patches riveted over the clutch and brake pedal holes in the floor.

2. hershambob

hershambob

there was an old navy truck on san fransisco craiglist about last xmas,no engine/box,but had that frame in the back,sure it was under $2000,,looked good in the pics

3. JamesG

JamesG

Here's the rest of that video.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7IHo_-7nlw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O7IHo_-7nlw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

4. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I've only seen one of these trucks. It was stone stock (no redone chrome, etc.) except for the exterior paint. No bondo that I could detect. It had nice original (or older redone) interior. It also had an engine and trans. They probably bought these trucks in all sorts of conditions, and that determines whether they have engines or not, and whether they are bondo'ed or not. The one that I saw looked like you could crank it up and drive it out of the store and down the street.

5. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I remember awhile back seeing this on The Stovebolt site. An AD Chevy trucks parts place had bought several of them. Some were decent ,some were bondo buggies, had new chrome , no drivetrain all show. There was a fellow that was buying them and building them for Old Navy.

6. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Like T-time said. All different conditions. I've been in all to many Old Navy's with the wife, and seen them in all different shapes and forms. From they looked like they could fire up with not an identifyable ounce of bondo, to holy crap I'm surprised that rust & bondo pile has collapsed from the shear weight of all of those tshirts.

Oh yeah and they come in 3 and 5 window configs.

7. i worked for the co that built and remodeled old navy stores, which are owned by the gap stores. maybe they are the one that should be contacted.

bob

8. Hay Wyatt-
    Just got in from a shopping trip with the missus..
    We were at Quincy Il,and I had here go in and scope it out- she call;ed me and I went in for the truck examination phase of the mission!
    It was good lookin from 20 feet and just ok up close...had good new chrome on grille and bumpers-satin black paint over a :D "cosmetically" :rolleyes: restored body....

I looked uner frt fenderwells and it had Tomatoe strainer like panels just out of line of site.....rough tailgate was covered up with display-
    .....had a rear and frt axle and nothin else...
    Id estimate the value at 1000 bux to perhaps 1500 if one were pretty desperate....Ha!!

9. synthsis

synthsis

I work in a mall and I'll have to check mine out on Monday.

10. bobsrats

bobsrats

The first time, I went into a Old Navy it thought it was a waste of truck. I looked at 2 different ones, up close the one was bondoed up. The one was a pretty good body didn't see any filler. My dad had a 52 Chevy bus in the 80's. We used to go to fleamarket in Michigan. It ran strong never gave a bit of problem, especially with all the crap we hauled in it.

11. I asked the GM at our ON store today and they said they have not gotten any memos or heard through any meetings that the trucks will be taken away from display use. In about 3 yrs they will change the ON direction to a specialty type store, so maybe by then but as for now, Our store has nto heard anything about the trucks being put up for sale, shipped off to cali, or back to home office etc. I wait to hear back from them as they are going to email corporate and try to find out for me, I will post when I hear something back.

12. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

wasn't that Klink?.
    Shultz said .." I know Nothink!! "

13. Moonglow

Moonglow

good thought.

14. You're both wrong! It was Arte Johnson on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In.

He usually said, "Verrrrrrrrrrry interesting......But shtupidt!"

:D

15. jerry325w

jerry325w
    from baltimore

old navy revealed
    just found out old navy truck disposal rumour started by old navy corporate in attempt to get hetero males to come in store but this attempt has obviously failed.

16. boozoo

boozoo

My contribution to the ether...
    [​IMG]

17. Ok - did anyone read my previous posts?

18. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Typical modern day douche. Corporate or not, that's someone's truck. Would you put your "Starbucks" on someone's fender then pop their hood just for shits and giggles? I think foreign boy would learn hot rod justice really quick around my neighborhood. 5 knuckles is universal for "You just fucked up."

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

SO is this a joke/rumor or for real? I've read all 4 pages, and I can't tell if it's legit or not. Regardless, I'm going to mosey on down to that pit of hell on my lunch break tomorrow and hope I don't make a complete ass of myself when I ask to buy their truck. If memory serves, it was pretty solid.

20. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

here is the finial word...I contacted them, or so says this CSR dude...

Dear John,

Your request for the trucks from our stores is a real compliment, and we
    thank you. Unfortunately, we're unable to accommodate you, as our work
    is available for company use only and cannot be reproduced or
    distributed for external purposes. We hope you'll understand and do
    thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Ray
    Customer Service Consultant

Original Message Follows:
    -------------------------

John Howard,

I am president of a car club here in Cincinnati, Ohio. I understand you
    are removing the trucks from the displays in the stores? Will they be
    for sale? Sending them to am auction? Just thought I'd ask.

Best regards,

John Howard
    President
    www.ovcfca.com

21. montclaire

montclaire

From what I can tell, this IS true, but it seems like you need to be talking to the right people to get it done. What I'm hoping is that all these calls and emails do not prompt old navy to issue a memo to NOT allow the sale of the trucks. Out there in the real world, these things are nothing more than a funky store display, no different than an obsolete mayor mccheese at mcdonalds.

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Might not be a bad idea to get a writing campaign together to make sure they don't decide to crush these trucks. A bunch of e-mails to their corporate store that say "In regards to your store display trucks. I hope you will be selling these vehicles whole or in pieces to automotive enthusiasts who will use and enjoy them, keeping these 50-year-old vehicles alive, rather than crush them due to some misguided corporate decision. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that if Old Navy decides to crush these vintage vehicles, my wife, son and three teenage daughters will never shop at Old Navy again, and I will do everything in my power to ensure my neices and nephews also shop elsewhere. I can say with absolute certainty the millions of car enthusiasts in this country will take a similar stance."

-Brad

23. montclaire

montclaire

Like I said, we don't want too much attention on this, or we definately won't be able to get one. If they do start swinging the corporate hammer, though, it would be nice if they could have a contest and give a few away, functional and in good condition.

24. GlenC

GlenC

This letter you got from the 'CSR' bloke is just a standard form letter they send to everyobne who asks for one of their old posters or display pics. he didn't even read you original letter, obviously.

But now you have his name, so ring him, or write to him again, and point out that he really didn't understand your original letter.

Good luck, looks like he's pretty thick.

Cheers, Glen.

25. HaHa! I was just about to comment on this! Dumb Ass can't even figure out how to open the hood! Nice Scarf!

26. Kustomz

Kustomz

I read a story some time ago that Classic Parts in KC bought a bunch of these trucks to rebuild.

27. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Now after watching the same douche in the second video clip I'm wondering what a noose made from a scarf would look like.

28. Seriously, do you read thse things?

29. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

that truck looks chopped!

30. montclaire

montclaire

Tried to check out one of my local ones last night, but they started locking up just as I got there. I got permission this morning to go during the week, after they lock the store down, so as not to attract attention to what's going on so I can look it over. They are trying to contact the main office, that told them the trucks would be phased out, to see if there is a procedure for doing so. Assuming there isn't, then we will try to work out a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.