Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should Jimmy paint his truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sledish

sledish

Its probably already painted and back together, I don't think that last nights episode was filmed yesterday!:cool:

2. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

It's his thing,what ever he dose. If it was some rod I had not ever finshed,I sure would finsh it when i could the way I wished and take no shit from any one about..

4. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

If the truck is credited with bringing rat rods to the forfront,then yes by all means paint the damn thing.And get back to building real traditional HOT RODS!

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Not painted, just saw the car a few weeks ago.

6. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

It`s HIS truck....I think he should do whatever pleases him.He wouldn`t be himself if he listened to everyone else now would he???

7. Dirk35

Dirk35

I understand more than a few has seen it and know its not painted, and those that know and probably giggling like little school girls at the post.

Do none of you remember Littleman posting here about 4 months ago that he was home and he eluded (wouldnt say it) that didnt take the job, but cause of contract, couldnt tell us much? Im sure he deffinitly cannot write about it either. However, Ill bet he can wipe up the Soda Pop he spewed from his nose at each sillier and sillier post though about what some other dude should do to his own truck.

Moral of the story....... his stuff, his decision. Yes, nothing wrong with having your own opnion though..... but come on..... It is His Truck.

I cannot wait for Heros to come back on so I can see if New Yorks Blows up! :D

8. crapshoot

crapshoot

holly crap i made it to the end woooooo yes woho i had a hard time keeping my A.D.H.D under control on this one.

WITH THAT SAID FUCK THE TRUCK IAM SICK OF SEEING IT ON EVERY MAGAZINE COVER
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$rules the world and you all take it as gospel just like one guy and his truck your all brain washed. "jimmy shine who" ever heard of corprote greed thats what shine is ratings for tv and for magazines he's a new subscrition he's the new guy that get's shuved down throats of every car guys that watchs the boob tube or reads wile taking a dump everyone thinks oh my god that guy is so cool and oh my god his truck is too so sit back and take that dump and read about jimmys new truck next issue that you get mailed.it will be on the next page i am shure right next to chip foose,boyd cottington,and troy tempanier latest creations .

9. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

I'm with Crapshoot.

He should CHIA-truck it.

TP

10. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

many famous kustoms have had several different paint jobs,,the larry ernst chevy, watsons grapevine, even the moonglow immediately come to mind (and many others),,,,,in almost all cases the first paint job was the one that looked best,,,,,despite the different paint jobs, and despite the fact that many of the cars are not around any more,,they will always be remembered the way they looked the best,,,doesn't matter what he does to that truck because it'll be remembered the way it looked the best,,whether it is painted or unpainted..

11. hemifarris

hemifarris

Paint it black...............just my opinion...........Mike

12. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Help me out here...

Since we know the show was taped months ago, and this is the motor they installed in this episode, aren't we looking at the final answer?

13. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

I would say yes.... I didn't care if it remained bare metal or got some paint on it. I'm just happy that it didn't become a TLC/TURBO/HARD SHINE Promo Vehicle! That kinda sh!t happens all the time where folks completely sell their souls and do whatever a producer tells them to.

I'm also surprised to see that in 9 pages of posts that someone didn't do a mock up in photoshop of this truck in a black paint job?!?

14. skooch

skooch

That engine doesn't look quite right in that truck. Too shiny. It would look great if the truck was black but the heads and blower should have a cast finish to match the truck as it sits.

15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Yes- Santa Claus sprayed it and the Easter Bunny rubbed it out.

16. Oh no! Painted frame, chromed suspension, blower, finished metal work! The #5 looks different too! It's ruined!

17. Wait I now know what is going to happen on the first episode of season 2!

18. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Here's some photos from the So-Cal open house. Looks like he did a lot of paint and finish work on the frame and detail stuff, but kept the character of the truck by leaving the body and bed unpainted. A perfect compromise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FWIW, I've been enjoying the last few episodes of the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D PAINT IT......................................PAINT IT.....................:D

CRUISER:cool:

20. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D PAINT IT......................................PAINT IT.....................:D

CRUISER:cool:

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

change is good only in Government,he should leave it...
    and build a painted one....that way he pleases everyone!

22. If everyone is happy,something is wrong.

23. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I think it needs dingle balls, coons tail, and angel hair. Oh almost forgot fuzzy dice. Gotta have fuzzy dice.

24. hatch

hatch
    from house

What do you girls think about nail polish???

25. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I think he should first take his name of his T shirts and stop wearing them. Take his name off the door of his driver pu, and generally get over himself. Yes he has talent and built a nice hot rod (with ugly wheels)that got some ink. Trend setting hero? I dont think so.

Jimmy should paint the 34 then he should Shine my Hard Jimmy

26. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I like trucks
    but drama sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.