Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Navy store prop trucks - worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montclaire, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzface

fuzzface

I was thinking the same thing.

2. JamesG

JamesG

I don't think they will sell them due to liability iussues.

3. they used to sell actual old navy trucks all the time...

in 1:43rd scale.
    None of the truck have engines. I was standing around in the store once.
    Problably no shifter and the tranny is gone too.
    Shifty Shifterton: These can be sold, they have be real chassis and bodies it would be up to the buyer to get them register and road worthy, haha! they'd probably be just sold as parts cars.

Attached Files:

4. rab71

rab71

The one here has a motor and tranny... Huh... Strange...

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

That's ok, I now I don't. :p

6. thx-138jr

thx-138jr

I called the 800# and they said they would be sent back to the manufacturer. I then asked who the manufacturer was and was told that it is confidential.

It was worth a shoot.

7. its a four leter word w i f e

8. Ill bet these were just plastered over rustouts.... as one might expect a display to be.......
    seems I saw VW beetles in a local Old Navy.....

9. 55 f350

55 f350

i went in to the one here on the "upscale " side of town {wont put one over on the po side } with the wife . left after ten minutes as the "pretty people " were staring at me really oddly . the daughters and wife , not my boys , then bought me some shirt from there . still got it . been using it as a shop rag since they brought it home .

10. testpilot

testpilot
    from Denver

here is what i know 3 months ago a local guy

had an old navy truck on his front lawn for sale ..

new grill fast paint job ... bondo city ...

but it was from an old navy store this guy wanted 3500 ... without title and he would have to apply for a salvage title on this particular vehicle NO drivetrain at all except rearend..

He was a general contractor and bid on the entire job and got the truck .....

I know he no longer has it maybe someone made him an offer ...

11. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Scooterville ...you stay away from Southern Md.........you truck grubbing bastard:mad: ...LOL
    Fitysix

12. montclaire

montclaire

What's wrong with old navy clothes? Good cargos, good sweat shirts (don't have elastic in the cuffs), decent jeans, and usually one or two mechanics jackets floating around. The clothes wear well and are usually pretty cheap. I'm not big on clothes shopping, so I like to get it all done in a hurry. You can knock off a big chunk of a wardrobe at ON. Don't lecture me about 'real' hot rod clothes, either. I wore dickies jeans with a navy blue shirt and all-black sneakers every day for about 5 years. I didn't work for a garage. Henleys are nice once you lava soap the grease off of your arm hair.

13. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Some of the stores are next to "Hot Topic"

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

The 2 that I have seen were patched up bondo buggy clothes racks with new chrome.
    I went in the first store with my wife and daugter and saw the truck and thats the only reason I went in the second one with them was to see there truck
    That damn music they play in there freaks me out,
    I didnt know if I should walk or just (Break it down) rite there
    Duh..di..Duh!...Duh!.............Duh..di..Duh!...Duh!.....WTF? :D

15. Racrdad

Racrdad

I saw one of those Old Navy prop trucks on an open car hauler going down the highway not more than a week ago. I was wondering why they would be hauling it like that, you know, regular pickup and open dove tail car trailer - didnt look very corporate at all. I'm in central Tx by the way, maybe it was like a bigfoot sighting. :rolleyes: Might swing by the local Old Navy tomorrow and ask about this deal, I'm sure the 19 year old blonde store manager will be quite helpful.:D

16. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

17. montclaire

montclaire

Sounds like you CAN get them then. Most likely scenario? Store gets a credit if they send it back, which is probably nominal, and may be negated by shipping long distances. So, lots of stores are going to be looking for a way to creatively get rid of the things without costing them money. What would you put in yours? 454? some odd diesel perhaps?

18. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

19. We have 6 Old Navy stores here. The managers say they are all going back to the original supplier per "corporate memos" and "announcements".

I then called the cooperate # and spoke with an individual she informed me that currently not all stores will be getting rid of them. Those that are scheduled to remove them are told to return them to the "supplier". She advised me these should not be being sold to the public. The supplier is buying them back - probably for another "prop".

They were built by the Alan Brasington Network out of New York. You can visit their website:

www.brasington.com

As far as being worth anything they do have all the sheet metal, glass, suspension, rear end housings, wheels, tires, and repoped or rechromes trim... If a guy could get them cheap it would probably be worth it.

20. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

21. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

from the site listed above:

[​IMG]

looks like they did alot:

Old Navy

More than 1100 real 1940's and 1950's Chevy Pickup Trucks, 500 manufactured Ice Cream Trucks, Blankets, Phone Booths, Turntables, Metal boxes, wicker baskets, wire baskets, lattices, ladders, and much more.

22. Maybe these guys are getting them from Brasington - I have contacted them (Brasington) and waiting for a response (probably first of the week). i will post it on the board for anyone who wants to know.

23. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Really? I know the one around here was gutted ... if it had the old motor and tranny in it, it would give off that smell. That smell that I love, and the smell that the average person doesn't want on their clothes.;)

24. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

If somebody was in the market for one and could get it for a good price then it would be great withe all of the new glass and chrome, but I've looked over everyone I have seen in the stores and some look solid and others I could tell were heavily bondoed, not to mention I have seen a couple with the wrong bench seat in them like from a 70's sedan.

25. I have heard that the frames in them are cut in half and modified to bolt together, to allow them to be moved in and out as two big pieces for tight quarters.

The stores here that have them, they're dolled up shells with no engine or trans. One even has a GMC cab. I didn't even look at them super close as far as bondo/filler/etc. But I did notice a while back a very similar truck parked in front of a Bass Pro Shop - same AD Chevy, just painted green. Same deal, no motor.

I talked with a guy I'm pretty sure here on this board who was offering several of them for sale. The prices weren't too bad, but I wasn't in the market at the time. That's a fancy way of saying I didn't have any money. Someone with some time on their hands might try and search it out, pretty sure he posted it on a thread or in the classifieds.

26. We have a restaurant franchises here called Cody's Road House, (the site says Maine too) they use the same Chevy trucks as props, but are left outside. From what I've seen most of the owners have a rodded version they drive and park next to the static one.
    [​IMG]

27. Dirk35

Dirk35

The one at our store looks pretty Solid. I too, went with the wife and was bored so I checked it out.

28. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i want one. i knowthats one way my wife would allow another car, if it was an old navy truck for her. i hate the SBC but it would have one in it by the night i brought it home.

29. I spoke with Alan this morning @ Brasington's. He told me he would get pricing to me ASAP.

They are also in the process of moving and he said he has been getting alot of calls.

Just a thought if you are reading and are wondering about the trucks, maybe hold off on calling him, and lets just see what kind of response myself or someone else gets instead of flooding him with calls or emails.

I will continue to post on this thread whatever I find out.

Thanks.

30. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

The one at our old navy has the frame split, and it's a bondo monster. I think Boyd and his Bondo Brigade did the mud work!:D
    But it would be a cool conversation piece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.