Register now to get rid of these ads!

Central California HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Evil1-Cool pics. Now I'm even more pissed I didn't make it:mad: .

Definatly need to plan the next one. How'd the location work for eveyone? I called the meeting site and didn't get to go. Shit.

I like my new heads though.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I will be at the next. Just show the way and thanks Evil1.

3. La Cometita

La Cometita
    from clovis

i was hoping to go but could not make it. hopefully my comet and i will be there next time.

4. The location was cool but the noise from the freeway was annoying. It made it hard to carry on a conversation. Next time we will have to pick a spot on some little town’s main drag. Having these get-togethers at dumpy old drive inns, diners maybe even some hole in the wall bar…seems to fit …Makes for a good photo op

5. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

Hey since the weather is almost, maybe, sometimes starting to cool down, wanted to see if you guys wanted to meet up here in Lemoore sometime. We've got two old drive-ins and a few hole in the wall places to eat with enough room for parking.
    Also thought it might be fun to hit up the drive-in theater after dinner that's a couple minutes away (between lemoore and hanford).

The biggest parking lot is at Betos Stadium Drive-In across from the High School at 198 and Lemoore/18th; the other one is kinda hidden, White Top Drive-In at 19th and D Street. Haven't eaten at either in years but I will go food tasting here pretty soon and report back if you guys are interested in meeting up. I've only met a few of you guys around fresno at some of Thee Wanderers events...it'd be nice to put some faces and cars to these screen names.

-Jon

6. Muttley

Muttley

Sounds cool..............maybe shoot for a day in October, the weather should be alot nicer by then.

7. tobyjuarez

tobyjuarez

Im In!!!

October What?

8. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

How about meeting near Modesto. I know a place on 132 just off 5 Vernals , there are two restarants there and a big parking lot...

9. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

October good! L.A. is making me soft I can't get shit done in that Valley Heat! My car is in El Shop-Del-Pop in Exeter. I can do Lemoore-Modesto, Lets try to hook-up at local shows too. I know the A&Ws in/near Visalia have nice once a month gatherings, If you guys know of something post it on the Events calander. Also this this thread needs some updating...Lets see some pictures of progress!
    Here's my Rust-puzzle needless to say I'll be rolling in the Toyota [PartsRunner.[/I] Trout Out
    [​IMG]

10. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

11. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Name the place and I'll be there. Somewhere around Modesto would be cool, but I always liked the Merced area. The Sonic or the In n Out have pretty good sized parking lots.

12. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Count me in I couldnt make it last time due to an addition to our family. I will make it this time. Modesto sounds good to me. There is an A&W in town. Davis park has a good lot. Lets set a date so I can get the falcon goin.

13. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Here's the progress from last photo.

Yeah, I know, not much, but have been doing wiring and some interior refinements before finishing exterior

Attached Files:

14. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Are any of you guys going to Evil1 show this weekend? It's in Atwater at the old Airforce base. Sounds like it will be a good time. It's called Culture Clash.

15. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

I was thinking if it was in Chowchilla again we could roundup a bus for the kids! ;)

16. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

sounds like a good idea for sure. count me in. i think a get together would be cool. i'm with muttley, october when it cools down. but before the rain starts. first, second weekend maybe??

17. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

That is just wrong in so many ways....... but funny.

18. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

jon, i have been to the white top about a year ago. it is not too bad of a place. maybe we could meet up there, and convoy to the drive in on 14th and lacey. anyone have any "in's" with the owner?? how cool would it be to "reserve" the drive in for us that night, maybe show some old car flicks or something. either way, white top sounds good, and its pretty easy to get to from the freeway.

19. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

I ain't skeered to go to chowchilla, that sounds good.

still would like to do something here in Lemoore since we have a couple cool old places between the ratty drive-ins and theater; and I keep seeing more and more guys from the Kings County area on here...if not as many people want to show for that, that's fine, I figure we'll have a good time with less people. kinda want to meet up with some of the local guys that would potentially hang out more often than the occasional central state meet.

20. Wandereryque

Wandereryque

Shit ill be down let me know, .. ill bring the club along too , Thee Wanderers of Fresno are down

21. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

I'll ask around a little but I'm pretty sure I don't have any connection to the owner of the theater. I was just thinking about that last night though, wondering if we could get them to play our choice, reserve a section or anything like that depending on how many of us could make it.

22. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

PoohBear? What's up, man? Didn't remember you're on here. I haven't met up with you guys in a while, my bad. Anything new for you guys? I broke the 700r-4 in my '56 so I have it out and all taken apart...heat's got me unmotivated to put it back together.

23. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

24. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

had no idea that place closed down, I pass by now and then going to work in chowchilla...you guys know if it's just closed during the construction or if it's gone for good?

25. Wandereryque

Wandereryque

HEY WHATS UP WERE GOING TO VENTURA FOR PRIMER NATS NEXT, AND WE MISSED YOU CATS AT MIDNIGHT MASS HEY IF YOU NEED ANYTHING HIT ME UP BRO

26. low49

low49
    from 209and408

lets make it happen

27. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Hey low49 was that you at that little Merced show acouple of weeks ago? If so you Merc looked f'n bad! I took my Dodge, even though it is pretty rough and my brother had his 49 Ford there.

28. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Poohbear I think I met you last year at the Merced fair. Whats up man I was at Midnight Mass but I didn't see you. Are you guys coming up to Atwater this weekend for the show at the old airforce base?

29. low49

low49
    from 209and408

that was me. i live in 209 now

30. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Right on. Welcome. You going to BilletProof?