Register now to get rid of these ads!

All aboard the Indy train to Mokan!

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by lindross, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Who all is following the big blue bus to Mokan? GMC Bubba is haulin two dragsters in the ol mobile living room. :D I know we got some Road Rockets making the haul with us and we're all looking forward to seeing Culbertson's classic rail super charged this year. :cool:

I'm going to follow along in the Krylon car. I believe the tentative plan is to leave Thursday and hit the Springfield swap meet on Friday morning and join the parking lot festivities that night.

We'll update later as we find out more. :)

2. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Are we bringing two HA/GR's??
    Lindross, you can line the Krylon special up side of me and outrun me if you want. Mine is a stock 225 with a super six setup, 355 open rear and truck tranny. If it does not run better than the last time I had it at the track, I'll be bringing up the rear for the HA/GR class.:(

3. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

We are definitely gonna make it this year. It looks like I'll be running with you guys and Tom.Hope we have a good group like when we went to the Cinamatic in Ohio. It's gonna be a blast!!!:D

4. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Sorry Bud! I'm going to have to sit this one out...

5. No, one HA/GR and one old school rail. I think that would be fun, but I don't have any idea how quick the Krylon car would run. It's all in good spirit and fun anyways. I'll be happy if it runs 90mph. :) I'll be tickled pink if it hit's 100mph. :eek:

6. Looks like we're heading out Thursday morning so we can hit the swap meet on Friday.

Gonna be a great time and I'm planning on driving the roadster. Will be the longest single trip it's been on, but it's got thousands of road duty miles so I think we'll be alright. The one way trip for us will be 527 miles according to Mr. Google.

Looks like the weather should at least work with us for the trip too, but no one can believe those weather dudes/dudeettes.

7. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Scott...see you guys tomorrow morning. What time and where are we meeting???

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Depending on the time you guys are leaving I might hook up with you Thursday morning. I need an address and a time for the meeting place.

9. We'll be working at Bubba's tonight, might stop by and see cause I don't know myself.

10. I'll find out all the details tonight as we'll be getting the finishing touches on everything for the trip. We'll be sure to let ya know. Knowing Bubba, it will be early but it would be great to have ya hop aboard the convoy. :cool:

11. RacerRick

RacerRick

We might be in indy also for thursday morning - thats our goal for today.

12. Hey, we're leaving at 8:30 tomorrow morning from Bubba's Hot Rod Shop.

30G Gasoline Alley
    Indianapolis, IN

Getting off of 465 at Rockville Road, head east. Turn left at Gasoline Alley. Turn left again at the 3rd entrance to your left. You will see the Bubba's sign. We're in 30G in the back left hand corner as you pull in.

It will be obvious, but we might also be at 4D Gasoline Alley for easy visability. It's the first entrance to your left instead of the 3rd at Linder Technical Services. Either way you can't miss us. ;)

13. Cool, see the above reply for Denise. We take our time and enjoy our cruise. We stop often for antique malls, food, and whatever else catches our bus drivers fancy. :D

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the invite but you guys are goona be a few hours ahead of me. Maybe I'll catch up though around St Louis cuz I'm only stopping for fuel and to pee.:D I'll watch for you.

15. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

Denise, just look for my sedan and the big blue bus pulling two dragsters. Scott has a small tank so we will be stopping every couple of hours. I'll p.m. you my cell #.

16. Haha, look for the Big Blue Bus with a HA/GR on the back. :D Can't miss it. ;) The bus don't run any faster than 60-65mph, so we'll be taking a very leisurely pace.