Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Shop Job Opportunity in So Cal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hhrTroy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

We are looking to add a fabricator/builder to our current crew. We specialize in traditional styled hot rods & customs and are located in Burbank.
    Experience is a must, including welding skills (TIG, MIG), sheetmetal forming, chassis fab/assembly.
    But above all a positive personality, and no attitude. There is no yelling, door slamming, or fighting at our shop; just a true enjoyment in building cars -> thats the way I want to keep it :D
    Please PM me or Email your resume if you want more info.
    [email protected]
    THANKS!!!

2. THECHICK

THECHICK

Troy- you should put some pics up of the work in the shop- we would love to see what you are all working on...

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

figures troy, when I wanted to move to Cali...hahaha...Got too much happening in CT, including a mrs...best of luck with the screening

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Isn't there a "HAMB" guy from the midwest that just moved to CA looking for hot rod shop employment???:D

Also, I think there's a blonde girl in Southern California looking for a job now as well:rolleyes:

Troy, seriously though, with a cool reputation like your shop has I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding folks that are well qualified. Good Luck.

5. TomH

TomH

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

i'll come work for you...but I might br overqualifided.

7. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

You got it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Man! I would love to do this for a living. One of my top 3 jobs to have. Good Luck Troy!

Ken

Awww! Evel, If only Dr. SpellCheck was here..............

9. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Damn your shop is clean.... Impressive stuff too

10. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Id love to come try out, but i like slamming doors. it isa dream job for me too! too bad

11. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

wow, there's an opportunity.......

i really think it's cool that reputable businesses come to the HAMB and ask....

cool

keep us updated on some of those cool projects from time to time

12. damnfingers

damnfingers

I sure wish I was qualified...need someone to sweep floors?

13. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Very tempting to close my shop and come out to Cali to work on hot rods, everyone on this side of the island wants muslecars or european sports cars and I get too few hot rods to work on.

14. abomb30

abomb30

Sweet Shop. Do you have any more pics on the copper color car in the pics?? thats a sweet looking ride

15. cretin

cretin

Wow that shop looks way more organized then when I was workin there. This is kyle by the way

16. JimSibley

JimSibley

Theres a guy on here that goes by the name of chopperimpala. Hes a good guy an dhe has came by my shop and helped out a time or two. His real name is Ken, and he really wants to move to socal. maybe give him a p.m and see whats up. Oh yea he can paint, build motors, and he really knows his way around a chopper.

17. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Nice to see you here Troy......For those of you who don't know anything about Troy's shop just look at just about any magazine from the last five years. There is tons of press on Hollywood Hot Rods and Troy.....Anybody would be so lucky to work at this shop.........Good luck Troy......Lucky

18. racer756

racer756

I like chopperimpala's attitude. he seems like an honest guy.

19. eric

eric

here's more of that roadster and goes to show what they build!:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

^^^ WOW:eek: I wouldn't change a thing

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

What kind of front tires on that roadster?? Look " Chunky " almost like truck tires

22. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Thanks everyone!

Which roadster did you mean?

Thanks! I will PM him.

Thanks Lucky!

How are you Kyle? Did you guys find a painter for the roadster?

I am going to post a complete build up in the next week or so. I believe it is in the next R&C.

You are definately "overqualifided"!:D

23. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

How much you payin'?

24. That car looks really good on the cover of Rod & Custom. I have been looking for an excuse to move to the SO Cal area. hummmm:cool:

25. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

man i would love too!!!! but cali is NOT FOR ME!! but if your paying more than i make at squeegs?

26. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

uh hmm WOW, I am CHOPPERIMPALA (Ken)!! and YES I am wanting/needing to move "back home"!!! But am I "qualified" ???In my head I am the best guy for the job!! I have "that" laid back attitude you want. but honestly I am a "backyard" builder, but this is THE opportunity I am LOOKING FOR!!! Don't even care about the "top wage"!! If I can earn enough money to pay the bills and do what I LOVE, for a living!!! I am there! Kinda like "dare I say" --Hard Shine--!!! Troy I will have the wife put together a resume' for you and let YOU be the judge!!! I have a decent job here and a backyard FILLED with shit,(kool shit!!) but am willing to "DROP IT ALL" if given the opportunity!!! Maybe this should all be PM'ed to you but I was thrown back by what "sibley, and racer756" said...THANKS you 2 GUYS!!!!...Ken

27. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

I would jump at it dude and hope ya get the chance!!!!!

28. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

BELIEVE ME... If Troy gives me the opportunity....I AM THERE!!!!

My cars back seat is big enough for me to sleep in it in the parking lot, and leave the wife and kids up here at home to see if it works out!!! ....Ken

29. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Troy, Great to see you on the site. One more reason this is a quality place to be. I hope you have the time to share some of your knowledge with the rest of us from time to time. Quick question: I would have thought you'd have quite a few people to draw from just being involved as long as you have with hot rods. It's cool you've come here to let anyone step up and have a chance to talk with you about it. So how'd you decide to take this route? PS, love your logo!

30. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Sure, I it is easy to find "mechanics" or "fabricators" that are willing to punch a clock, collect pay, and go home.
    BUT, that is not what we do, this is a passion and an art form -- and my life -- So, I don't want worker bees who can turn wrenches... I want people who love creating, people with creativity and vision...the welding/wrenching/fabricating skills are simply the tools required to execute the vision.
    SO....why not the HAMB where people eat/sleep/breathe traditional hot rods???