Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Time Machine Nationals" Union Grove, WI Sept 1 & 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falfasnightmare, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I am in no way affiliated with this event.
    But wanted to let everyone know about it.

Vintage Drag Racing at Union Grove, WI Labor Day Weekend.
    www.greatlakesdragaway.com

I have heard this from 2 seperate reliable sources, and should be able to confirm this in a week.

The word on the street is.....if you show up with a pre-72 car, jalopy, rat rod, hot rod, super stock, custom, muscle car, gasser, etc. ADMISSION IS FREE !
    We were also told that for vintage cars or rat rods that do not pass the safety inspection unless they are ready to explode, leak or catch fire that they will be allowed to run the 1/8th mile.

How good will it be ??? Well, if half the guys I know actually bring their rides it could be pretty good.

If anyone cares, I have confirmation for the following vintage cars in my small group of friends for Saturday.

61' chevy bubble top - Super Stock
    56' Straight Axle Gasser
    57 Chevy Straight Axle Gasser
    ( my 55 chevy gasser)
    57 Chevy Vintage Hot Rod
    57 Chevy blown drag car
    62 chevy 409
    32 Ford 60's Hot Rod p/u
    66 SS Chevelle

Who else is going? And what the heck are you bringing....

Run What You Brung!! For Real!!!

2. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

CONFIRMED on bring your car get in free WITH A PASSENGER!!!

3. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Im busting my ass to get my 57 drivable for the show this sunday at Byron dragway. So that means if its drivable this weekend the it will be drivable that weekend!!!......

4. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I just pm'd VooDoo Von Hartman about going since his HeneryJ is on the road now. Its a very cool car rides nice as hell for a straight axle car!

5. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Awesome, I hope to see you there. Stop by or park by us!!

K&S

6. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

K&S will do. If you have time this sunday you should stop out at Byron dragway and check out whats going on there!....

7. ...This is great news,...in years past this event was a little pricey if you only went for one day. This oughta really get the cars in there.
    I'm plannin on comin for sure now and I'll be spreadin the word down here in my area.

...I'm also plannin on hittin the Byron Dragway this Sun. also, sounds like this mite be a good show. We need some show/drag events in our area for our kind of cars...lets see what we can do to support these events. (see my thread on the Byron deal).
    Thanks for this info.

8. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I am gonna try to make it too. Probably be ready to watch some racing after the HAMB Drags anyway.:cool:

9. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

There was an event in 2005,,,which was essentially the same thing. Myself (Nick Hansen) with announcer (Mark Dietrich) orchestrated the event. We had run what you brung,,,A traditional car show and "traditional" rock 'n roll bands. Me and Mark did it. But it was PRICEY for low-budget traditionalists. I am glad they have realized the potential Great Lakes can offer to traditional hot rodders. But I am DISAPPOINTED that I wasn't asked to be involved,,,And seem to go ignored & become a ghost in the eyes of GLD. I just wish I received respect and acknowledgement for all the perseverance and sweat I put towards the 2005 Nostalgia event. Some of life's greatest endeavors go without ever being noticed.....

Attached Files:

10. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

I would really like to see this event or a whole new one that is more like the '100 Car Pile Up' at Union Grove.
    The 1/8th mile deal would really pack people in that do not want to abuse their equipment to much, and do not want to be doing 100+ MPH. Which we can all understand if your car is in un-restored condition. Not all vintage race cars still need to be raced, some are to cool, and have rare parts that cannot be replaced.

So how do we stop talking about somthing like this and make it real.
    Can you imagine an event at Union Grove like the Hamb Drags or 100 Car Pile Up?
    Any thoughts Nick & Mike ???

11. Kurt

Kurt

Im actually wanting to do something just like that next year, but at Cordova. Starting to get info together to see if its worth it. HAMB Drags North?

12. ProbableCause

ProbableCause
    from Byron, IL

I know our family will be there with the Henry J and the 55'. We are also heading to the Byron event. They all should be good.

Union Grove was a blast last year, I look forward to seeing how it has grown this year!

13. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Don't sell yourself short Nick. You were the only one there that thanked us for coming up. I wasn't your fault that they charged us at the gate that day. You can only do so much with your hands tied.

14. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Yep the J should be there. I'm gettin the bugs worked out so I can drive it longer distances.

15. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

ProbableCause you need to post a intro so we know who we're talkin to. OK Mr. Hartman:):):):)

16. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

Well, Im still limping around for a motorcycle crash but if I can Ill be there with my green 65 Galaxie

17. Anyone else goin to the "Grove" this Labor Day weekend?...Byron this weekend had a decent turnout, bet Union Grove will even be better.

AA/fuel, ...your 57 turned out really neat, hope to see you at the Grove. To bad Ryan's Henry J couldn't make it, I really wanted to check it out. You guys are buildin some nice gassers.

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

19. Kurt

Kurt

I may end up coming and racing. The wife wants to, she must not have got her fill at Mokan this last weekend.

20. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hey Kurt, watching you run down the track this weekend again would be great. Hope to see ya there. I think I got a few pics of your car at MoKan.:)

21. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

to bad the shipping company is picking up my hotrod that day(1st or 2nd).... i totally coulda ran it before she went=(

22. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

23. I will be there with "the sleeper".

24. bttt....sposed to be a beautiful day tomoro (Sat....and Sun.)

25. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I'll be there in the 29 on Sat.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  26. Just got back... My ears are still ringing from the NITRO-burning front engined dragsters... The weather was absolutely PERFECT, and the turnout unbelievable. Not just the quantity of cars, but the quality. For example I remember seeing some cool (as well as rare) cars racing: a nailhead powered chevy coupe, a couple flatheads, a SD421 Pontiac, a 409 chevy, and more crossrammed Max Wedges and hemis than one could shake a stick at... Hell, there was even a front-engined blown-DeSoto-powered rail there. How often do you get to see one of those? If you're into gassers, the Midwest Gasser Association cars filled the staging lanes several times...

This event comes highly recommended as it was the best gig I have ever attended at the Grove. Oh yeah, I now have a new low-ET for my rustbucket:D

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

bttt
    It was definately the best Union Grove Event I have ever been to. When we left there were cars parked all the way to the end by the first set of gates, never saw that before.
    Lot of neat shit!!!!

28. Da Grove put on a great show. Couldn't get a good photo of this car so I took a pic of a poster the guy had in his pits. This photo was from a week earlier at Cordova , Illinois at the World Series. This car does this on every launch!

[​IMG]

....had a great time , lots of nice race cars and a nice car show.
    ....how bad did the black primer 55 that spun out at 110 mph get messed up...anybody hear or see it after? Did it hit the wall?
    ...Falfa, your 55 looks awesome racin or sittin still.

29. Someone needs to show that guy how to set up a chassis. Probably would pick up a few tenths if he got it to stop that silly shit!

30. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I was there helping my buddy the Woodman out with his 41 Willys truck from Indiana on Sat. but i didn't make it back over on Sun. There was some totally cool stuff. The guy running the red wheel stander truck was running 9's on the back wheels and he was 68 yrs old...lol

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014