Register now to get rid of these ads!

366bbc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58apache, Aug 20, 2007.

1. 58apache

58apache

got a friend of a friend who just rebuilt a 366 tall deck. I can get it cheap. he's broke.I am building an 71 chebby 4x4 for trail use. I know I know totally off topic for this board. anyone have experiance with theese? I hear they arnt much good for high hp but what about torque and usable power on the trails?

2. Rand Man

Rand Man

Put an Apache body on it while you're at it. I think it might make a decent trail motor. Don't expect it to bolt right in. What did it come out-of. A school bus maybe?

3. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

it will bolt in,motor mounts will be the same as is the bell housing bolt pattern.the same as a small block or big block chevy that is!

4. 58apache

58apache

I got a 406 in the apache. the truck I have is set up for a 396 or a 427 I am more asking about performance pros or cons for low rev torque. and yes it is out of a bus...

5. squirrel

squirrel

exhaust clearance to the frame is tight on those trucks with a short deck big block, you'll make it about 1/4" worse with the tall deck I think.

Should be ok, kinda heavy for the power you get from it compared to a 350.

6. 58apache

58apache

here is the apache muddin rig 450hp 525lbft torque

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is what the 366 will go in

[​IMG]

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

They have monster 4 ring pistons in them. Way to heavy for lots of RPMs but they are torque monsters. Might have to trim the upper frame rails to clear the exhaust. They also take a wider intake manifold but spacers are available to use the other BBC intakes. Also I think the distributor is a little longer too. Other that that everything else from a BBC should bolt on.

8. 58apache

58apache

thanks! torque is your friend on the trails.. it is a complete bb intake to pan. and yes you have to have a dist with an adj coller or at least that is what this one has.. I'm trying to get the exact build specs now..

9. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I had one in a bus and it could smell a hill five miles away, biggest dog I ever owned.