Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Roadster for a grand?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by houseofhotrods, Aug 15, 2007.

1. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

Wow what a score! That's definitely a car that you get running and leave just the way it is! Look at that old paint! It really doesn't get much better than that folks! I wonder if the people he got the car off of have any old photos of it or know any history about it! Glad to here it went to a guy that will keep it as is! My old boss was on the trail of a similar 32 roadster some years back and the owner got hard up for cash and some jackass bought the car that was just going to turn it. Probably ended up being some cookie cutter streetrod! The body was all original paint except he had had the doors sandblasted? This body looked like a brand new black fiberglass body that had gotten kinda dusty, except it was super nice original black paint on an OG steel body, I got to see it up close! Amazing!
    Once again, Congrats on the $1000 buy!!! Boy am I jealous!

2. noboD

noboD

1fast32Pistone, congrats on the purchase. I think too I would ask the family for copies of any old photos of the car, you never know what might turn up. At least with the vengeful sale part of the story being not true you don't have to worry about a crazed collector destroying the car because he didn't get it. You just have to put up with all zillion of us asking if we can double your investment.

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nope... center bar is too narrow, and the wipers are too far up

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Welcome to da HAMB. :cool:

i'd like to say right off, thank YOU for deciding to keep the car pretty much "as is" and leave the windscreen ON the car...

think about this thing guys... a pre-war custom, and a DEUCE to boot... that in and of itself is a story dying to be told. how sad for 99.9% of us on the board now, and into hot rods and customs in general that most of the history of countless other cars such as this dies, either with the owner/builder or to the ravages of time/elements

i would LOVE to see ANY pics of the car you might have, recent ones sure but more to the point, ones from when it was being built... driveway pics of three buddies leaning against the car, swillin bottles of suds at 6am after an all nighter getting the mill bolted down. or pics of the first time it ran at el mirage after that windscreen was put on... THAT is the best part of this cars history... and, i got a feeling your friend Tim is right on the money... the car has found a good home with someone who KNOWS what it is, and WILL preserve its past, as well as its future

Congrats... and thanks for a whole new chapter in the "$1,000.00 Deuce" book :D

5. Welcome to the HAMB,and what a "grand entrance" you've made!!!

6. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Hello again Greasers and Girls. Just got a nice email from the owners of the car - and they asked me if I would post this blow by blow story here for ya'll to read!! Enjoy my friends, It's exactly as they typed it:
    <CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER>32 </CENTER><CENTER><?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = W /><W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Roadster</W:T></W:R> </CENTER><CENTER><W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">Bought for $ 1K on </W:T></W:R></CENTER><CENTER><W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Ebay</W:T></W:R> </CENTER><CENTER><W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR> </CENTER>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00AF7968" w:rsidRDefault="00AF7968" w:rsidP="00AF7968"><W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>August 18, 2007</W:T></W:R>
    </W:p>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00AF7968" w:rsidRDefault="00AF7968" w:rsidP="00AF7968"><W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00AF7968" w:rsidRDefault="00AF7968" w:rsidP="00AF7968">
    <W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Beppie</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">: Hey Hon! Oh </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>my gosh</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">, check this out. A 32 roadster for $1000 Buy it </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Now</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">on </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>ebay</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>!</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Glynis</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>: Do you think you can sell it for more and then add the money towards your 1932 3 window?</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Beppie</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>: You have seen how much they go for even when they are rusted heaps.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Glynis</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">:</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">Then buy it!</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00AF7968" w:rsidRDefault="00AF7968" w:rsidP="00AF7968"><W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>ONE CLICK OF THE MOUSE AND THE STORY BEGINS.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="0029456C" w:rsidRDefault="0029456C" w:rsidP="00AF7968">
    <W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">What followed next was never expected. He paid a $250.00 by pay pal and contacted the seller. </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Katheryn</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">said to try and pick it up as soon as possible. I told her after several attempts to pick the car up today that I could be there tomorrow at 3:30 with a tow truck.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="0029456C" w:rsidRDefault="0029456C" w:rsidP="00AF7968"><W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>ALL THE TIME I WAS WONDERING IF SHE KNEW WHAT SHE HAD DONE?</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="0029456C" w:rsidRDefault="0029456C" w:rsidP="00AF7968"><W:pPR><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>I ALSO WONDERED IF SHE WOULD BACKOUT OF THE SALE ONCE SHE FOUND OUT THROUGH THE EMAILS OFF EBAY WHAT HAD HAPPENED WHICH WAS THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="0029456C" w:rsidRDefault="0029456C" w:rsidP="0029456C">
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">I made it to Sacrament the next day and my first thought when I saw the car </W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>(</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>which was just partially out of the garage</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>)</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve"> was WOW! It was hard to judge the condition </W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00DE48FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">by looking at </W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">the pictures on </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>ebay</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="0029456C" w:rsidRDefault="0029456C" w:rsidP="0029456C"><W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>I was so excited!!!!</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00D53E71" w:rsidRDefault="0029456C" w:rsidP="0029456C">
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">As I sat there waiting for the flat bed to show up I sat with the original owner Ray and we talked about the car and its history. He told me that he had run 126mph on the dry lakes at El Mirage in southern Ca. back in the 40s. He said it had a </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Merc</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">motor and that he had driven from Ca. to Washington DC. </W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00DE48FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">He couldn’t </W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00DE48FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:LASTRENDEREDPAGEBREAK></W:LASTRENDEREDPAGEBREAK><W:T xml:space="preserve">remember if the windshield was from </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R w:rsidR="00DE48FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>an Auburn</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R w:rsidR="00DE48FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">or not. He said it had a Carson style top. And told me how he had loved to drive it. </W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="0029456C" w:rsidRDefault="00DE48FF" w:rsidP="0029456C">
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">Rays family told me how happy they were that I was the one to win the car. </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Katheryn’s</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve"></W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">daughter</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">said to me </W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>“</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Do you know what a deal you got</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>”</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">? And I said with a huge smile and a sparkle in my eye </W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>“</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>YEP</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>”</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">! Before I left we talked about them gathering pictures, and writing an essay about the history of the car. </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">As they loaded the car I noticed a tear in </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Ray</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>”</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>s</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">eye.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">I knew that this was a very special car and that he truly loved it. I put my arm around him and said I will take good care of it, we hugged said our goodbyes and the family asked if they could bring Ray down to see it from time to time as we only live 1 ½ hrs. </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>from</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">each other. Of course my family would love for them to visit and watch the progress.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00D53E71" w:rsidRDefault="00D53E71" w:rsidP="0029456C">
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>My intentions in the beginning were to sell the car and use the money to finish my 32 3/window coupe. However after</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve"> hearing Ray’s story </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">and </W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">talking</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="gramEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">to all m</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">y buddies I </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>deceided</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">not to sell the car. My wife and I now realize what a find it is. For those of you wondering if I am going to turn it into a cookie cutter car the answer to that is NO with capital letters. Also the windshield stays, as it is a part of the car and its history. I will put the car back to how it looked in the 40’s with the help of pictures and talking with Ray</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00A336FF"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve"> and friends</W:T></W:R><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>. The patina stays but the mechanical will be gone through so the car can be driven. The car needs new floors, but other than that it’s good to go.</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Beppie</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">Loud Pedal </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Pistone</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR>
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Glynis</W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">Stand on it </W:T></W:R>
    <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>Pistone</W:T></W:R> <W:pROOFERR w:type="spellEnd"></W:pROOFERR>
    <W:p w:rsidR="00D53E71" w:rsidRDefault="00A336FF" w:rsidP="0029456C">
    <W:pPR><W:SPACING w:line="240" w:lineRule="auto"></W:SPACING><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR></W:pPR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T xml:space="preserve">Steven 1 fast 32 </W:T></W:R><W:pROOFERR w:type="spellStart"></W:pROOFERR><W:R><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>P</W:T></W:R><W:R w:rsidR="00D53E71"><W:RPR><W:SZ w:val="28"></W:SZ><W:SZCS w:val="28"></W:SZCS></W:RPR><W:T>istone</W:T></W:R>

7. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

Wow....too cool<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = W /><W:p w:rsidP="00AF7968" w:rsidRDefault="00AF7968" w:rsidR="00AF7968"><W:R><W:T> </W:T></W:R>

8. Perfect! Can't wait to see the video of you taking the x owner for a spin, or better yet, him taking you for a spin! Don't wait too long.

9. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

hahaha WOW that guy must not have a CLUE about cars(the one who sold it) wow lol

10. The gospel according to Ray as adopted by the HAMB this day 2007
    blessed be those who hear it and rejoice in it..
    Let it be known that our ideals be tested and and the unwashed have yet to be cleansed.
    The faithful are reassured and we can embrace our new found bretheren...

AMEN

11. Terry D

Terry D
    from NY

Okay how many of us went directly to Ebay from here to see if there were any more $1000 32s "newly listed"!!!!

12. wvenfield

wvenfield

No, it sounds as if the original owner knows alot about cars.

13. those kids who think they know ...
    heck well sell it for $1000.00
    ooops
    there's your sign

14. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

yeah oops i totally missed the long post about the original owner... DOH:rolleyes:

15. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Change the windshield, put a SBC in it, paint it red, than post some before and after pics.

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nah... merc crank in a ford flatty... this car deserves better than an SBC

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...i can't believe i missed this. i spend 2 hours a day on ebay.

...gonna go cut my wrists now...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Evidently you and I spent the wrong two hours.:rolleyes:

19. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Before this story headlined,
    a more personal perspective was told in another forum.
    None of us know how great this story is without this picture of the new owners. (less his wife the photographer)

[​IMG]
    Beppie and son Steven

and an email that probably wasn't supposed to be public,
    but retold with permission from the Pistone's...

==============

xxx,
    THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS.YES, STEVEN IS MY SON.I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU HEARD ,BUT IF ITS ABOUT ME GETTING IT FOR A $1,00.00 ON EBAY THERE RIGHT.I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT THINGS.I WOULD TRADE EVERY THING I HAVE FOR MY SON TO TALK TO ME FOR 5 MIN.I WOULD LEARN A TON OF THINGS, WHAT FOODS HE HATES,WHAT HURTS HIM & THE CAKE HE LIKES ETC.AS HE DOES NOT SPEAK.THANKS AGAIN,
    BEPPIE,GLYNIS & STEVEN PISTONE

==============

As a family guy and hotrodder, this just puts it all in perspective.
    Thanks to Beppie, Glynis and Steven for letting me add this part of the story!

Travis aka perichbrothers aka zibo

20. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Right on Zibo. Thanks for sharing that part. Sorry if I seemed like I was trying to protect them, but I am glad they asked you to post this. As Ryan said, good things happen to good people. As the parent of a 2 and 6 yr old, your post says it all for me. Tim :)

21. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Priceless!

God has Blessed the new owners hands down:D

No one deserves this car better:)

22. noboD

noboD

Great story, deserving new owner. good luck, keep us posted.

23. klazurfer

klazurfer

I tried to say it earlier on this thread ... The seller is a stand up kinda guy , and so is the buyer . Maybe we could try to focus on the car & its history ? There must be some1 on here that recognize that Hot Rod ?
    Klaz:)

24. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

This IS this car's history, however recent, history is happenin' every day as soon as the next day starts. I do know what you mean though. The car has to be known from it's El Mirage run(s) and or it's trip cross country. It will be cool what Ray will be able to come up with from his buddies, and own stuff. Remember this is a pretty fresh deal. More will be revealed.......:)

25. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

Thanks for posting the full story on the car and the old and new owners! Also the new owner's plans for the car sound like they are exactly right on the money of what this car should have done to it! You have my approval! :) Once again, Congrats!

26. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Won't it be a great day when this young guy gets a ride in Dad's new roadster.
    Best wishes and good luck on the other triumphs you may have.:cool:

27. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

So Sam and you other guys who know B., does he just sit by the computer watching the new BIN listings on ebay or did he just happen to stumble onto it at the perfect time?
    I think it's awesome.
    A couple months ago a very well preserved and complete 32 5 window surfaced here. I live in a town of 2300 and that car escaped everyone around here. It had been sittting in a shed for decades and only 3 people knew about it. One of them bought it for 7 grand.

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow. The old man up stairs really does good things for deserving people. They totally deserved that find. I wish them well and would love to see how the project comes out. Priceless.

29. decayed40

decayed40

go on ebay and look up completed listings with key words it should come up

30. decayed40

decayed40

great find by the way love to see it all done congrats to the owners