Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 3 window body at Long beach swap $10K???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38zephyr, Aug 16, 2007.

1. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I called a guy on a 35 sedan delivery today and he was telling me about an orig. 32 3 window bare body he said he sold at Long beach swap last Sun. for $10 grand. Anybody see it , or buy it ? I was curious if this was b.s. or not , dude seemed real believable , just curious . Wondering if I should be bummed for getting down there late or not . Said he had the 35 there as well , anybody check it out ? He was gone by the time I got there and if somebody says it's a bucket , it'll save me 4 hours roundtrip of driving in the next day or 2 and gas etc. Thanks !!

2. John Denich

John Denich

I got there when the gate opened!!!! sorry NO ten grand 32 there or it would be in my shop!!!!!!At least me or my 20 friends that were there seen!!! we would have been talking about it!!!

John

3. 38zephyr

38zephyr

No primered 35 sedan delivery either ? I figured the 3 window body was too good to be true, I thought maybe if it was a really rusty , crazy channeled , patchwork bare body missing everything . 35 is advertised , pretty sure it actually exists !

4. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

If it smells like bull shit, and in looks like bull shit than it must be....
    sushi?
    Ten grand for a '32 @ Vet's, yeah, maybe in 1979!

Swankey Devils C.C.

5. 38zephyr

38zephyr

$10K for a bare body if it's real rough and missing everything might not be B.S. Pretty good ones seem to be around for $20-30K . I know right now of a total dogshit rolling 33 3 window , I don't want for $10K , so it aint that far fetched if it was that bad . If nobody saw it , maybe it was just a story . His 35 is for real and I guess I'll go see it if nobody says it was there and was a bucket .

6. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Yes, his story is for real. I saw the car at the Long Beach swap a couple months ago or so. Wasn't much more than a shell, but what was there wasn't bad.

It was the regular Long Beach Swap, Not the model T swap.

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Ben,

Was that one yellow and primer by some chance? If so he wanted
    more than10 for it.

8. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Nope, this one was desert primer/surface rust. It was I guess the May meet that I saw it. JustinB was with me so I've got witnesses I'm not looney. Missing pretty much everything but the shell was pretty nice. Had it in the back of a pickup bed on a wooden stand.

He was asking exactly 10K for it.

I passed because I was trying to buy a roadster in Sacramento. ;)

9. turdytoo

turdytoo

:p I'll take you to one in Arkansas that you might buy for 10 but I'll charge you the doors for a finders fee.:D

10. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

i know a guy who has one for 12 gs and its a pretty damn good body with a perfect door.....

11. Cruzr and I walked the whole place. So did Timebomb. Didn't see any 32's.

12. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Like I said, this was a couple months or so back when I saw the one for sale.

13. Justin B

Justin B

i remember that body, i think it was missing the doors, firewall and dash but it had the decklid, and some garnish with it. what was there was actually pretty decent, pretty clean desert body no real rust issues but it had some stress cracks.
    i thought about offering the guy 8500 for what was there (i know where there's some doors) and he probably would have taken it but i really don't need another project especially one i couldn't afford to finish.

there has also been a guy at the last few L.B. swaps including the model t club one with a new 3 window brookville body for $25k ? maybe someone got confused and though it was the same body?

oh yeah good to see you a b'ville again Ben hopefully you can make it out here for the show at the end of september.

14. F&J

F&J

Sounds like the one panhead pete just got on ebay?