Register now to get rid of these ads!

OHV conversion for mopar flat 6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brickster, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Brickster

Brickster

Did any of you guys happen to catch the overhead valve chrysler flat 6 out at Bonneville? I have so much respect for Earl. He has continusly created performance parts for a often overlooked engine. Here are some pictures I snapped of his friends truck that already has the conversion installed and on the road. Earl's Bonneville spitfire is compeating with a flat six with many of his own speed parts.

Brick

Attached Files:

2. 4woody

4woody

!!!!!!
    that's cool!

3. squirrel

squirrel

neato!!!!

I made an ohv head for a 2 hp B&S lawnmower engine in college...if you've never made an ohv head, you ought to give it a try, it's a life changing experience :)

4. Holy balls of Hesus, Earl Edgerton is the man!

5. any pics of that whole truck, please!

6. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Hey Squirrel, not to go too far off topic...do you have any pics/drawings etc of your ohv b&s conversion ?
    dave :D

7. squirrel

squirrel

8. Brickster

Brickster

Sorry, I was taken with the engine and didn't think to get any of the whole vehicle. It was a mostly stock appearing '35 Dodge I think.

Brick

9. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

I don't think I've met a more humble bunch of guys either, Earl and his crew. Really enjoyed chatting with them again this year on the salt.

Here's a pic of the truck-

Pete

[​IMG]

10. no bux rod

no bux rod

Kudos Earl. That's a nice slab of aluminum you started with. Many H.A.M.B'ers would like to see more details. Thanks,

N B R

11. oh shit thats cool!

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Damn. I was talking to him and showing off my Plymouth and admiring the Bonneville Spitfire when he told me he made the F head. but I didn't know it was there in that truck. I didn't see it. Bummer.

13. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

I missed one on ebay a couple of years ago. I'd love info on that, it's be perfect for my Slug Bike, with the 2/3 HP Briggs WMB.