Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone Heading to HAMB drags from the St. Louis area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick32vic, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

53dodgekustom and myself are both heading to the HAMB drags on Friday August 24th. We have to leave at different times though. I am gonna leave early in the morning so I can hit up the springfield swap meet but he can't leave till he gets out of class.

I was just wondering if anyone else is heading down from our area so maybe we could each have someone to run with.

I will be leaving around 6a.m. on friday morning. Im not sure what time Tom will be leaving but im sure he will chime in. I imagine his departure time will be in the afternoon.

So if you are leaving around either of the times we are let us know and maybe we could drive down together. Ill be in my 32 ford, Tom will be in his 53 Dodge.

2. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Nick I would be down for sure but you know the situation! this Friday you should roll out to chuck a burger again or is anything going down friday on the Ill side?I go back to NC on sat.

3. We are leaving from St Louis later in the morning on Friday.... in our oh so cool rental so I highly doubt you will want to drive with us.

4. Crestliner

Crestliner

Nick, no follies this year?

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Nick, BigSam63 should be rolling thru there in his 51 Chebby around 10:30 or so Fri morn I think. Shoot him a PM
    I should be going thru STL about 6am or so on Thursday if anybodys schedule fits in there let me know too. Mike

6. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Your doing your part dude! Hopefully next year you can make the drags. Theres usually nothing on fridays over here. Im not sure If i have anything planned for friday. If not ill try to make it over there. If i dont make it there, good luck and be safe whereever you go!

What time are you gonna be leaving STL? Maybe give me your cell number so you can pick me up in case i break on the way there. haha

Nope, maybe next year Max. My mom and dad are kicking around the idea of going to frogs this year. I wish it wasnt on the same weekend every year. But then again it does save me gas money.

Mike, ill pm him, id like to leave early though. I wanna find some deals at that swap meet.

7. Ha! I posted it on the cell phone number thread on the drags section. I think we are gonna leave around 10. Us girls need our beauty sleep!

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Come on! Im sure you can roll your pretty little selves out of bed at 530! If you change your mind just let me know and I can meet you on 255 or 44 somewhere.

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

10. ryno

ryno

i'll be rollin through st lu lu on the 19 or the 20.heading home to joplin from the woodward cruise.if you want to camp out that long i'll be glad to throw out a line and snatch you up.

11. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I wish i could ryno, but duty calls. I have to work mon-thurs

12. At the Westin. I work for them so we got a cheap room. let me know if you want to hang out with us on Thursday night.

13. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Wave at me as you pass exit 156 on I-44.

14. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

DW, thanks for the offer but I still have a year before I can get into the bars and whatnot. Plus im gonna be gettin all my stuff together to leave in the morning.

Fraz, your not going!?!?!?!

15. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for posting this thread Nick. (Very thoughtful.)

I will be leaving the ghetto of North St.Louis at 2:30PM. (I go to Ranken Tech.) I will be in a flat black 53 Dodge.

Honestly, Nick I am more afraid of driving to school than to the drags. The hookers on the street corner seem to like shiny things<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:24pt; height:24pt'/><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->[​IMG]<!--[endif]-->

Is the chuckaburger at the same place as the one we went to a few months back? It would be a good shakedown run.

I am getting exhaust on my car as I write this but I also need to put the hood, rear bumper and the rest of the weatherstrip on. And get a seatbelt and fix my fuel line. I better get to work.

I bought a whole case of oil though. (Hopefully I won't need it all)

I HOPE I MAKE IT!

I have Hagerty roadside assistance just in case though.

Going to pops to see Rev. Horton Heat (Rockabilly band) with AJS88 this SAT. can't wait.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195438

Disregard the polka shit on the thread.

I tried to respond to this last night but the HAMB was down forever.

[/FONT]

16. bobblehead

bobblehead

HEY! My father works at the Westin in St. Louis. I do not know his exact position but he is higher up I think. His name is Rick Schilling, keep an eye out for him. haha. I love that place, it is so cool looking inside, and right next to the Busch stadium! oh wait.....your from chicago, nevermind. j/k, but the Cubs do suck, seriously.

Tom, I am really thinking about going now. Idk, I have to see where I am at finacially( sp?). My uncle Doug and father are throwing around the idea of going to the frog follies, so idk.

17. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Tom, Ill send you a message in the begining of next week so where both on the same page with everything.

I have tons of stuff to do on my car too.

Alex, go to the hamb drags its more fun than frog follies. My parents are going to the frog follies. Eat Ramen noodles until the drags so you can save money. haha

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'm not going this year (family stuff), but i heard aaron's passing through thursday. i was hoping to catch up with him at bill's shop for the regular thursday night beer fest...

19. I just looked him up- and yes he is higher up you dope. :D See if he will upgrade me!!! Tell him I am the Director of CS at Westin O Hare. And FYI I am FROM Boston.... just live in Chicago... I could give a rats ass about the Cubs... so long as my Patriots are around!

Come to the Drags. Seriously - how could you not???

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

I plan on going down to the drags, but I am not sure when.

Does anyone have any extra space? I will Chip in on the room.
    I am an excellent spooner!

21. mojo273

mojo273
    Member Emeritus

Hey Plowboy, I've got room if inkorekt can't make it.
    He was up in the air on it. I'll find out for sure.

No spooning needed........

22. bobblehead

bobblehead

haha, I will mention an upgrade to him. I am sure he will just ask me how I know you, then never mention it again.

Plowboy, dont let Tom see that your an excellent spooner. He will get all excited and what not. :D

23. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

What, my rooms not good enough or are you just sick of me? :( haha

24. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

COME ON ALEX! GO! All you have to pay for is 1/4 or 1/5 of the hotel and food (You eat one meal a day now seriously) and $10 entry fee.

Nick, is your girly friend coming? (Not including Plowboy)

Plowboy i should have introduced myself at the Louisville nats last year but I am to god damn shy for my own good. See ya there.

i can't wait. One more week.

Alex we are going cruising tonight.

I got a straight pipe put on my car. Rapaaa! Rapaaa! Pop!pop!Cackle!

25. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

No she cant make it.

26. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

27. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

\

Hell YEAH I'm goin, just not Friday.