Register now to get rid of these ads!

B-ville update...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

1. The Tardel roadster was running REALLY well until the tranny let go today. They ran 166mph on the short course yesterday, but was well north of that on the long course today when the mechanical gremlins got them.

2. Mild Mitch of Hop Up fame is currently in impound. 129.56mph, but he has to back it up tomorrow...

Anyone else?

2. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

I forgot the number of the car that quite a few of the Hamber's have been going out for the last couple years to help with (537?). Denise, and I think Bigjohn were 2 of the crew helpers... Last night I met one of the crew who mentioned that they warped a head and were sending it off to get machined and they anticipated being able to run it tomorrow...

I don't know enough to be really helpful, but he was a really neat guy and fun to talk to, steeped in Bonneville history.

3. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

Anyone seen the North of 49 crew from Canada? Just wondering how they were doing.

4. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Give a report on the BMR team and go introduce yourself

5. That would be the orange Stude of Hooley's, #974. They ran 230 on Saturday but forgot to turn on the water pump. Got hot. They are having the heads resurfaced in SLC and should have them back today. The rest of the engine looked fine, so they will reassemble and hopefully get back in line Tuesday. They are the current record holder at 236+ and are hoping to reset it north of 250.

Haven't heard anything on Mike and the North of 49 crew yet.

Charlie (wish I was there)

6. ...

Attached Files:

7. donnie

donnie
    from NC

Looks like the Old Crow has gotten into the record books.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 703px" cellSpacing=1 border=1><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt" height=18><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 14.1pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=68 height=18 x:num>1952</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=182>Old Crow Speed Shop</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=70 x:str="V4 ">V4 </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=69 x:str="BGL ">BGL </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: right; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=69 x:num>0.000</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: right; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=72 x:num="104.36499999999999">104.365</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: black; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=149>Bobby Green</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

8. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

All right Old Crow!! I was wondering this weekend how things were going. Good job guys!! Is there any TV coverage that we can watch? Thanks.

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

TV coverage, or more pics!
    I gotta get there someday......

10. 2"

2"

I so love the fact that the Old Crow hit that speed!

Having read loads about the orange stude I would love to see it break the 250 mark!

11. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Charlie, so do I!!
    Hooley pitted next to us - #1149 B/STR; "North of 49", last year.

I haven't heard anything back from the rest of my N of 49 gang -
    I'm stuck at home :( - but you can keep "track", (pun intended!) of results here ...

http://www.scta-bni.org/

last pics were posted yesterday. But check once and a while.
    There WILL be MORE!!

EDIT: RE: 36couper posted some pictures ...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201069&showall=1

Page 2; 3rd picture down, left side. At least I KNOW now that "N of 49" is ON and AT the salt!!

They made a 195 + MPH pass, but spun out.
    Gotta be a bit scary going 195 MPH SIDEWAYS!!

12. Kudos to the Old Crow Speed Shop crew....I'm wearing their T-shirt as I type this. :)

13. Rapid City local Joe Amo set another bike record at 230ish..............on his run Saturday he went THROUGH the 4 mile banner! Good thing they are plastic, said he "was having some handling issues" understatement of the day.

14. They had an NBC camera there today, and they have been filming for American Hot Rod everyday...

15. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

i am stupid for not going

16. I heard this morning that Mike drive the 1149 car backwards at 195 yesterday. No details other than it was the Bonneville spin gods at work. That must mean that everything is OK.

Charlie

17. pitman

pitman

Olde roadster, OK. If it's a Studiebaker how can you tell?

18. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

This year "North of 49" is carrying a LOT more weight - down low.
    With the extra HP the engine was putting out, we had trouble making the car "stick" last year; so now there is about ANOTHER 800 pounds bolted to the frame.

If it was Mike (Cword) driving; that would have been his first LONG COURSE run.
    (hope he had a spare set of undies! :D :D )
    Going side ways - and or backwards - @ 195 MPH has to be pretty exciting!!

His dad (Don) pushed the car to 202 + MPH last year after putting about 600 pounds in the back to gain traction.

The extra weight and the switch to a 9" rear end this year - from a Champ quick change - will hopefully be the "charm!"
    (need 215 + two ways to get into the record book)

Just checked, something not working right yet ...

1149 B/ STR - North of 49
    186.838, 187.396, 185.756, 115.591, 80.952

19. sodas38

sodas38

Has anyone seen Steve Bahm "speedway" running out there? He is running the car he bought from Dick O'Mara out of St. Louis. Here is a link that talks about his racer:
    http://www.kansas.com/126/story/145994.html

20. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Well, my friend Doug Kenny brought his C/STR Model A up from Tampa and went 212 yesterday after spinning out the day before! This was on a record of 206!!! He got everything in order after the impound and as soon as possible this AM he took off down the course for his back up attempt. Unfortunately, he missed the record by two-tenths of a MPH!!! Does that suck or what? He now has to start all over again. The Bonneville gremlins sure have bitten him in the ass. Oh well, he sure ain't the first.

This was my first time at the salt and the first time to help on a car of this quality. I hope it ain't the last.

21. Scott K

Scott K

I've got the North of 49 spin on tape...was on the long course after the 2 mile. Pulled the chute in time to basically limit it to a 180. Looked like no harm done. They spun late Sunday. Don't know if the wind was a factor, but there was a was strong cross wind late in the afternoon that ended up closing the meet for the day.

Hooley was expecting to have the cylinder heads back late Monday. Everything else looked to be ok. I had to leave the salt Monday morning, so I've got no further updates.

..and for those that weren't there, the P-51 Voodoo did a couple of nice passes Monday morning. Was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time for an upclose and personal fly-by..all FAA legal of course.

22. GrantH

GrantH

Is there a consistent date that this goes on? I wanna say 05 was the 3rd sunday, and 06 was the second, like this year. I'm trying to get some buddies to start planning early. Any word on next year yet, already?

Good luck to everyone involved, amazing what these cars can do!

23. donnie

donnie
    from NC

I have a couple of questions about b-ville.
    Bobby Green raced in a new class, the first time this body and motor have raced at B-ville, right?
    He went 104 miles an hour, the next morning he has to go the same speed or more to get the record. Could he say no, I want to race again for before I go for the record? does the rule say he has to use the first complete run?
    Looking at the results on SCTA website, I see cars on the short course going 200 mph. What make the decision on which course a racer runs on?
    thanks

24. sololobo

sololobo

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Cool updates-Keep em' comin, they are really appreciated. Some great class times. Special congrats to the Old Crow gang, that is sensational!! Bassakwards at 195=instant praying!! Hope everyone gets there mechanical kinks straightened out. SPEED ON!!!-Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

25. Hooley is reassembling the engine for #974 tonight Should be ready to take it back out tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers!

Charlie

26. The Slaymaker Brothers (Dennis and Jack) and crew upped their record with the Rigor Mortis Racing '34 3W Coupe/Blown 276" Flathead!!! Way to go guys!!!

Number Entry Name Engine Body OldRec NewRec Driver/Bike Name
    2769 Rigor Mortis Racing XF BVGCC 146.139 152.494 Dennis Slaymaker

Damn!! I wish I was there this year!!!

27. moefuzz

moefuzz

Hey Ralf??
    How or when can you post it???

I for one would be berry berry interested in seeing this as well as I'm sure Mike and the guys would be interested once they get back from the salt...

Thanks...

moe

28. Scott K

Scott K

Hey Moe (nyuck nyuck)

I'm not going to be home until the 23rd or so...still on my extended version of the Salt Cured Hamb Tour. I'll be hitting Pebble Beach / Laguna Seca this weekend, then heading back to Michigan. Will find a way to post it when I get home, or maybe burn it and mail it.

Had a great time hanging out with those Canuck's...especially being target practice for the granddaughter's super soakers on Sunday.

Scott.

29. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I've got updates on the Tardel car (which I got to help the team with) and the Hop Up car (which I got to help push ! :)

I'll post a full Bonne update w/ pics tomorrow. Also hung in the Old Crow pit for a while, and spent lots of time at the starting line.

It was A- Maz-ing.

jay

BTW- Hop Up car ecord was 119, not 129-- Still not bad for a non-blown Banger w/ a 2 X 2 intake!!

Official record:
    1243 Hop Up Racing team V4F GMR 119.604 Mitch Allen