Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is the rarest car you have come across

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davesville, Aug 12, 2007.

1. davesville

davesville

not talking about a deusenberg landau or a hispano suiza drophead but the lesser known orphans:)

2. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

yesterday i saw a 1954 darrin? i think thats what it was called. the doors slid foward into the fenders. talk about wierd.

3. davesville

davesville

was it a race car

4. alsancle

alsancle

Kaiser-Darrin was a small fiberglass sports car produced by Kaiser-Fraiser and styled by Howard "Dutch" Darrin. It was powered by a Kaiser-Fraiser flathead six. A very few got V-8s and a few others had a blower.

Btw, The last "unknown" Duesenberg was found in the 60s. Every once in a while you will see an alleged "discovered" Duesenberg but it is usually known by some and the long term owner finally decided to sell (usually to Jay Leno).

5. Notorious

Notorious

Some years back I saw and rode in an original, unrestored '29 Erskine tudor sedan. It would have made a very nice rod.

6. I knew for many year that was a set of blue front fenders for a t model in my dads shed where the old house was (burnt down by fire) surrounded by heaps of crap- fish nets and wood, it wasent untill
    we built a house on the old site and cleaned out the shed that I realised that there was a blue hand hammered roadster body with an AUS decal to go with the fenders, It wasen't until later that I found out its a hispano suiza race body orignaly racing over in europe! and its still sitting in the bloody shed

7. davesville

davesville

1929 produced beautiful body styles espescially in the lesser known marques

8. davesville

davesville

tylerae 40 dont worry i wont tell anyone

9. Road Runner

Road Runner

I only ever saw a photo in a library of a teardrop styled 30s coupe that had a wasp like rear with only one rear passenger seat.
    Made by a short lived obscure company.
    Been searching for pics and info for ages, but can't find anything.
    Maybe somebody here has a clue?

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

The 1912 AC 3Wheeler delivery car has to be the rarest one for me. The fellow I sold it to did a first class restoration on it. Hard to believe this simple one cylinder Auto Carrier (AC) was the basis of the company that would later produce the Ford powered Cobra. I'll have to find a photo and post it.

11. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

I saw this car a few years ago, and just came across it again.
    It really takes balls to chop one of these up:
    http://tinyurl.com/yqjuz8

12. F&J

F&J

1931 Checker cab. Don't laugh, it was designed by Cord I think, and it's a sharp looking big fancy car. I think there is only one left even though there must have been many thousands made. The next newer style up from that one I think there are none left; that one sort of looked like an 37-37 Auburn. Nobody saved the old cabs.

13. davesville

davesville

37 kid please find a photo i would like to show it to some cobra enthusiasts

14. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

we dug a 1932 Plymouth PB Cabriolet out of a old creek bottom once. not much left of it, but it was saveable... the entire top mechanism was still on it.

15. 36C8

36C8

1928 Dodge Senior Six (not the standard ) roadster, complete. Haven't seen another

Attached Files:

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Road Runner, Google Images and type in Auburn Cabin Speedster, i think this is the car you mention[​IMG]ed.

rileyrecords25 likes this.
  17. davesville

davesville

now we are talkin rare

18. I have a semi obscure old wagon, It is a 1956 Hudson/Rambler -CrossCountry sta wagon...
    It is badged Hudson on the hood -grille and hub caps and Rambler on the rear quarters and tailgates! ALL FACTORY orig.... with 3 tone Yello/White/ Black paint scheme!
    Its not a car as much as it is Art Deco work of art, on wheels....

19. Road Runner

Road Runner

20. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I have an Abarth 1000 OTS. Nobody really knows how many were made but somewhere around 150 I think

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Road Runner, That may be the 1933 Pierce Silver Arrow, they built 6, so finding one will be tough to do.

22. davesville

davesville

fiat 128 ever heard of a staggortini

23. In 1999 I bought a 1958 Buick Limited 2 door hrtp at a garage sale ... they were dragging it out of the garage as I walked up..
    1200 or so total production of 2 door -4 door and ragtops made...
    not running 99%complete(missing a few pcs of trim) from the original owners family
    parked since 68 paid $ 100.. tow home $95... correct new battery $70.. did not turn over but everything worked .except air ride system. we never tried the power windows just in case they wouldn't go back up!

sold it 2001 for $4600...first guy with the money
    lotsa guys called for it after and they were pissed as thier verts needed the parts .....

its the highest valued old car i have owned until my duece

24. hoof

hoof

One guy at work had a 25 year old Chevy Chevette, that still RAN!!!
    Now that my friends is a rarity.

Rarer yet, the 1932 Ford that was pulled from the rail car at the bottom of the lake.

The original '50s hotrod that your uncle knows about in a barn at his buddies cousins neighbors place.

How about a safe, well constructed hotrod with a rubber rat and more than two maltese crosses and skulls in it?

CHAZ

25. gearheaddave

gearheaddave

aluminum bodied roadster of some sort, didn't know what the "A/C" emblems on the brake, clutch pedals, and the center caps on the wire wheels stood for until I went home and looked it up. It was a pre-Cobra A/C Bristal. I went back 2 days later and the guy had sold it to an Aussie for $20K. Got some pics around here somewhere of it.

Dave

26. davesville

davesville

27. A few weeks ago, myself and a buddy heard or an airplane hangar way out in the boonies with old cars in it. After some investigation, we got a look at the cars, and my business partner came home with a '71 Cuda 440-6 pack. One of only 237 produced in '71. This one is "Ralley Red" with a White tail pan around the taillights, a White spoiler and a White "Shaker" hood scoop all original to the Cuda. The build sheet was in the car. 237 is pretty rare to begin with for prodution car but factor in the white accents and shaker hood and it's gettin' rarer by the minute.

It was a great score by a died in the wool mopar muscle car guy, good for him.

Johnnie.

28. A shop I worked at painted a '38 BMW convertible.

29. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have a 1931 willys cabriolet. Ive heard stories of there being only a hand full. mine has a v 12 lincoln in it.

30. Well many years back when my dad and I did restoration work for a local guy here who owned a restoration shop, this was one of the last ones we worked on there. Not this actual one but one pretty well identical to it with the exception that it was a 1918 model. Leather wrapped fenders etc.

http://auburnheights.org/electric/rauch.asp

I have never seen any more of these around.

Will