Register now to get rid of these ads!

'Flaked Model A "hunting coupe"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Aug 5, 2007.

1. dv8

dv8

...Well it USED to be a hunting car. I REALLY wish that I had a 'before' pic of this car...It's one that 99% of us would have not bothered with, but it's a sweet, badass, hot rod now!

It had holes cut in the sides of the quarters for the hunting dogs in the trunk!

This is my buddy Ralph's car. Although it's hard to tell in the pics, it's copper metalflake, and simply beautiful!

The other thing that you can't tell from the pics, is how INSANELY FAST it is!

REJ says that Ralph's orange sedan is faster...but I don't know...

Ralph really did a bang-up job on this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Ralph works wonders with metal. He built that thing around some quarter panels. I think he still needs 2 '57 Ford hubcaps for that car. He's helping me chop the '31 truck in a couple weeks. Great guy.

3. dv8

dv8

Yep...Here's mine, that he's almost finished with...He's 'the man'.

[​IMG]

4. MBL

MBL

Yeah...We got to ride in that thing on Sat...and MAN was it fast! Ralph really outdid himself on that one.
    Tim
    MBL

5. has the wheel base been stretched??? I noticed the fire wall has not been cut. I didn't think you could put a small block in an A without cutting the firewall.

Car looks great.

6. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Nice A's guys. Can't have too many!

7. MBL

MBL

Ralph makes his own frames...so it seems that he made it long enough to fit without recessing the firewall.
    Tim
    MBL

8. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ya know for just a few more bucks you coulda got the white walls instead of the blue walls :) Have a buddy that quite a few years ago he put new tires on his wifes van and when he got home she chewed his ass out for not getting the dam white walls..:)
    Dave

9. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Jon, I told Ralph we would have to line the two cars up and see which one was the fastest. I'll put my money on the sedan!
    Tim, it's probably a good thing you never rode in his Henry J, that thing was fast!

10. repoguy

repoguy

Nice.

Things are looking good there guys.

11. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Another one back from the dead! I like the hood too. Good job...

12. dv8

dv8

Yeah, they are both custom frames. I have an extended bellhousing hemi in mine, and a stock firewall.

13. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Jon, he was working on the rest of the interior last night. I guarantee you will have to change clothes to get in this thing with an all white interior!:D

14. Nice Rides Guys

15. TommyLeDouche

TommyLeDouche

Lookin good! Love to find an A coupe for my next project, have a spare?

16. dv8

dv8

17. dv8

dv8

Sweet! I guess we need to fix that "brakes yanking the steering wheel out of your hand deal" as well...you know...so as not to "stain" the seat.

18. Sinner

Sinner

Hot shit those are nice.
    I wish my pile of shit were 1/4 that nice.

19. dv8

dv8

I can build it for you but my shop rate is $85 an hour... :)

Get out there and start cutting, welding, and grinding...you've got the shop space now! :)

20. AHotRod

AHotRod

That's one sweet coupe, ya gotta come out with it to one of our HotRod Gatherings sometime.

21. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Nice, verrrrry nice! Can't wait to see it in person. You guys need to come up on a Thursday night.

22. MBL

MBL

We're probably gonna make a run up to see you guys soon. Its just a trek from Riverview. I think we should get something going in a more centrally located area.....Tampa perhaps. :) Just so folks can show up from your neck of the woods and from down south and from the st pete and lakeland areas too. How far is your show from Tampa area?

For the safety of others, I don't bring my model T on the highway. :)
    Tim
    MBL

23. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Wow, a couple of really great lookin' coupes! I'm lookin forward to seeing them one of these days. Mike

24. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

We are about 45 miles north of Tampa in Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee.

Those are some bitchn' coupes. I would like to see that orange sedan that was sitting in the shop in one of those pics.
    I'm getting more inspiration to get started on my '33 Pontiac 2dr sedan now.

If we can't get you guys up here for one of the weekly Thursday cruise nights, maybe one of our HAMB gatherings when we start again after the weather cools a bit.

25. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

Great looking rides!!!
    My Coonhound would've liked the before better ;-)

26. Sinner

Sinner

Tim, you need to pick me up on your way through.

27. Sinner

Sinner

Yeah, I also have a 4 month old daughter.

28. Nice "A", if he ever get tired of those wheels and tires, I have a spot for 'em.:D
    I can't imagine putting my coonhound in the trunk of an A, he's go nuts.

I have a nice centrally located spot... 1.25 hours from Spring Hill, 1 hour from Riverview, 3.25 acres, enough room for about 30 cars to sit in the grass, trees and a fridge that could be full of refreshing beverages... I could even have a huge batch of breakfast tacos on hand, say a Saturday in mid-September???

People milling around and telling me how to do things and what I need to do would be kinda nice. :D

29. dv8

dv8

Thanks guys! We are definately up for a get together...maybe when the weather cools...I doubt we would be able to make the thursday cruise though...

Here are some shots of the sedan...It used to be a 4-door. Ralph did it up right too...It's scary fast as well! He has taken the zoomies off, and put "roadster headders" on it, with side pipes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. dv8

dv8

So give her the old "Nyquil in the bottle" trick, and go out to the shop while she's asleep! Or take her out there, and put her to work...It's about time she pulled here weight around there!