Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '65 F-100 is almost finished...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CMenard, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's amazing - the before and after! What a crazy hood in the "as delivered" photo - glad you ditched that thing.

Beautiful truck.

2. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

YOu truck kicks ass. Hopefully when my 51 is done it turns out half as nice.Great work!!

3. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Look'in good Curtis! Check with Metro Trim & Glass in Stockbridge, off Rock Quarry Rd. They not only install glass, but they have exprience with old cars. They have good sources for glass, and reasonable prices too. -Mike

4. Mooosman

Mooosman

Love the color. It would look great with some mild pinstriping on the hood, and maybe a stripe or two on the side body lines.

Looks great, though!

Nick

5. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP
    from wyoming

I like the '65 grilles. To bad they are not available in reproduction. '66's look nice too. What did you use for a rear bumper? Nice truck!

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Great lookin' truck! The 61-66s have always been my favorites of the late Ford line of pickups.
    You might be sure and allow for drainage in that forward section of the bed, a couple slots in the floor corners ought to do it.
    The paint looks great but my paint man says the base coat of a 2-part base/clear coat system will not survive long on its own.

7. CMenard

CMenard

I like the '65 grilles as well. Mine is in great shape too. To get it chromed I was going to have to refinance my house.:D That's how I ended up with the '66 repop. I tried to make one good tailgate out of the two I have also, but it didn't pan out. Ran down and picked up a repop 67-72 unit. It sucks. Would never suggest anyone buy one. So I'm going to be on the hunt for another '65 tailgate.

The rear bumper is from Dennis Carpenter for a 73+ truck with '66 bumper brackets mounted to the frame sections I built. They have the same bumper for the older trucks I believe.

Thanks again for all the compliments. Makes all the work worth it.

Mike,
    Thanks for the glass info. They want me to bring the truck to them though. Sorry I missed the meeting Thursday. Got stuck at work late.:mad: If possible can I come to the next one?

8. 100% Matt

100% Matt

The color is killer. The truck looks sharp dude!

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

DAMN cool. Night and day from how you got it. Hopefully you burned that cowl scoop.

10. Tacson

Tacson

Looks real good. Bet it rides real nice as well. Get it out and enjoy it