Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I collect art. Have a pretty deep aboriginal art collection (willing to trade for hot rod parts :) ) and am starting to move more into contemporary Aussie art too. Here's a pic of one of my Aboriginal paintings and the last pic I bought last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. When I visited a friend's kid's bar mitzvah I wore the yarmulke for the service. After a minute one forgets it's there.

3. I just started collecting 1932 license plates. Figured I'd never be able to afford Arizona, but I scored a rough one for $40 a couple of weeks ago.

4. I have a big collection of Mercury,For Sale,ads. I cut them out of the Auto Traders,Old Car Trader,etc. I've seen some cars sell three or more times. Used to do the same thing with VW ads,'til I got my mind set on owning a Merc.

5. Nice! I've got one aboriginal bark painting. What Hot Rod Parts are you looking to trade for?

What is this second painting?

6. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

pics of your girlfriend ....got any?

7. I just started collecting old gas pedals............

[​IMG]

8. Muttley

Muttley

Do you have a Cragar? I have a Nicson I'd be willing to trade for a Cragar pedal.

9. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Kev! you've got a B C pedal there,is it a BC as in Berry and Chung?? .if it is ,it's KIWI KOOL :D

10. LOL! That "foot" pedal in with the racing pedals. You crack me up Kev.

11. Sorry. I had a double post. DER! Kev,
    We used to duplicate those pedals in Metal Shop,in Jr. High. ,sand casting. Wish I still had them.

12. photofink

photofink

Is there anything you dont collect?

13. Honda shift knobs,LOL!

14. Turbo442

Turbo442

Model Cars. I have about 200 un-built, alot new in the box. I truly have a better selection than the Hobby Shop in town. I have about 75 that are built. I don't know who I am kidding about building them, I average aboutone a year now.

I used to collect Hot Wheels and still have 3 or 4 hundred (Lots of Treasure Hunts ) but moved into the 1/18 scale cars.

Oddball random crap I collect ; Unusual or cool car emblems when I am at the junkyard. Not many HAMB worthy as most of the cars are newer, but if I see a design I like, especially a lettering style, I grab them. They don't have to be perfect either.

and who doesn't collect old magazines? Probably because most aren't worth much that they stay around.

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

I collect rust, bondo and paint chips. most of it I save in my lungs but some of it is in my nose. I am hoping to trade it for an early grave, or at least a good dose of radiation some day.

16. Turbo442

Turbo442

Also, I collect Rock Posters mostly from shows I went to but also from some of the shows that didn't happen, i.e. canceled. They are almost all new grunge or alternative bands. I have a cool Soundgarden and Rocket From The Crypt monster litho that is signed by the artist and only numbered 167 of 500. It's framed and in the hall, next to Pearl Jam poster of a drag racing Dodge Dart.
    I also have a Rollins Band "Weight" album weight.
    John Lenon "Come Together, America Salutes the Beatles" litho.

I used to get cool stuff like this all the time when my best friend worked at Valley Records which was a major record/album distributor. I miss the free shows, will call, etc.

17. TREBOR

TREBOR
    from Arkansas

I used to collect Bayonets, got about 50 of them. I got started when I was stationed in Germany and one from the 1800's was dug up during some constuction. At the same time I found what was described as a white phosporous anti tank shell. They didn't let me collect it, it was still live!!

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Same here! I have pieces from the 17th century up to present day.Heres part of mine:
    [​IMG]

19. Aside from my home collection of real guitars I have these wallhanger/non player-cheap chinese- axes at my shop for decoration or art?:rolleyes: or-whatever:D

Attached Files:

20. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

DAV tags
    45 RPM records
    Glass tail light lenses (used to collect blue dots until they started showing up in '77 Chevy pickups)
    Tire ashtrays
    Factory issued shop manuals
    Wood ammo crates (non-military)
    Lever Winchesters & obsolete ammunition
    Real photo auto related post cards
    A few Schwinns
    Business cards - auto or gun related
    Record store "Top 40" weekly counter handouts
    Pot metal dealership license frames
    1950, 1954, & 1956 license plates from the lower 48 states
    Parts catalogs
    Steel punch top & cone top beer cans, until I sobered up
    Tools

21. casper

casper

I like tether cars, model kits, and anything automotive related. I have been going to swap meets since about 1978 and I do not own any reproduction stuff. I have a pretty nice collection of pre 1965 Fender electric guitars also. Thanks for looking. Casper.

Attached Files:

22. casper

casper

A few more pictures.........

Attached Files:

23. tim burns

tim burns
    from Oregon

i collect real estate, harley knuckleheads & 74" flatheads, snap-on tools, hamm's beer signs, & california car & mc licence plates.

24. There is a great Hamm's sign at the Round-Up Saloon in Lafayette CA. It's a moving/animated panorama of a mountain lake, waterfall, campground etc. Got any of those?

Whatever happened to the giant Hamm's sign that (strangely enough) used to be atop the Hamm's Brewery in San Francisco?

25. 1320Paul

1320Paul

Drag N' Wheels and Top Eliminator comics.

26. purple

purple

We modern style furniture, modern and/or ranch house plan books and vintage clothes to wear. We sell the clothes that don't fit us to the local vintage store. She collects old cook books and kitchen stuff, martini shakers and flamingos. I collect Hot Wheels, models, cameras, bicycles, root beer mugs, R&C mags, records and radios. That's all I can remember. We have a huge debt collection too.

27. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I have collected Stanley woodplanes and vintage tools, western memorbilia, anything automotive or transportation related. But I finally realized hoarding was very likely a sickness and a compulsion for way too many people and that what I really enjoyed was the hunt. I now have what I refer to as revolving collections, I never keep anything unless it was a gift.

28. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

I collect watches and old pipes, the kind ya smoke.....tobacco
    Duke

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

30. I have a big collection of dealer promotional models, toys, model kits, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]