Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Wow, there's some awesome collections in this thread. Also a couple that could use a viewing of the 40 year old virgin followed by an intervention!

2. Abomination

Abomination

I collect and restore old telephones. They take up less space than cars, that's for sure. A $10 garage sale phone can be turned into a $300 - $500 (eBay value) masterpiece in an evening.

I'm also getting into the old radio and TV thing a bit. And I collect vintage travel decals.

~Jason

3. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Radios? I forgot about the radios.
    I do have radios.........
    Got thinkin' I could work on them when I got old :)

Got some wood working tools....... same idea

Attached Files:

4. Abomination

Abomination

My collection is starting to look like that. :)

~Jason

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

1/24-25th scale model cars
    Anything Porsche
    HotWheels
    Chi-Town Hustler funnycar stuff
    "CARS" Movie stuff
    Engines
    Late 60's Mopar ads/posters
    1/18th scale diecast drag cars....mostly super stocks
    Led Zepplin stuff
    CARtoons magazine
    60's-70's lunch boxes
    '68-70 Dodge Charger stuff

6. Just remembered. My mom also had a glass,doll dish collection. They were made by Acro-agate,of Ohio. The same company that made marbles. I've got 150 sets,which go for about $500 to $1000 each. My mom would make me un-wrap them at shows,and re-wrap them when the show was over. Pricless to me. I'm gonna buy a case and display them. Hopfully i'll have a granddaughter to leave them to. The marbles are pretty collectable also. I've been offered some GOOD money for those too. I'm gonna have to get rid of some of my mom's stuff,cause it just takes up too much room! The only thing that I wanted was the doll dishes,cause she loved them so much.

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dangit Josh, that reminded me of another 'collection' I have Led Zeppelin stuff, that and Janis Joplin stuff man have I spent some money on them!!!

8. Devils_Instigator

Devils_Instigator
    from Tejas

Gen one Transformers ..... oh and Farts.

9. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have over a 100 BB guns dating back to 1913. Also have a lot of Daisy promo stuff and 50 all different packages of BB's. The BB gun in the movie, Christmas Story, never existed, so Daisy built some for the movie and I have one. Also have a US Army BB gun used for quick kill training in 1972.

10. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Hey Kid, you'll shoot your eye out!

11. bigolds

bigolds

I collect die cast replicas. I only grab up the ones that I think are cool(obviously), and I especially like the ones by Danbury Mint and GMP of vintage race cars. Just yesterday I got the model of the California Kid, it's a bitchin piece. I really don't beleive that these will be worth ant money in my lifetime, But they sure are cool to look at!!!!!

12. I agree. I only buy the things I like now,Hotrods,Mercs,old race cars(Winged Express,Pure Hell,Pure Heaven,Mondello Fiat,Stone/Woods& cook Willys,Ohio George 33 Willys,etc).I don't care about value anymore. If you do it for the money,you'll never enjoy it. I know guys who get all caught up in the money,instead of the fun of finding something cool.
    I used to sell Hotwheels at Long Beach swapmeet,when there was only me and one other guy. Then in the 90's,the "collectables" took over. Every isle had about five people selling diecast cars. That's when I quit selling. Suddenly EVERYBODY was an expert!

13. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

Lionel trains, opened all the nascar stuff so the kids could play with it... maybe that was a mistake! I was dissapointed to find out the train boxes were worth more than the trains. So, I switched to boxes:D

14. I collect just about anything that has to do with early hot rods and customs. Old car show and drag race programs, speed and custom equpment catalogs, letters signed by early rodders,(Karl Orr, Alex Xydias, Tom Spalding etc.)
    Lots of early magazines, some fairly rare early Barris stuff.

Here's some early hot rod movie memorabilia and tin and plastic hot rod toys from the fifties and early sixties that are my first loves.

Some movie posters.

Mick

Attached Files:

15. Some toys.

Mick

Attached Files:

16. My friend has a bunch of old racing signs that his older brother took off telephone poles,when he was a kid. All originals,at least 60yrs old. Ascot,Gilmore,Trojan Speedway,and more. He said I could have some of them,so i'm gonna go get them soon. There's a guy who has copied some and sells them at the swapmeet.

17. rdefabri

rdefabri
    from NJ

Sheeeit - name it I collect it - I'm a pack rat:

Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars
    Aurora H.O. scale slot cars and AF/X
    Trains
    Hess Trucks
    Happy Meal toys
    Baseball Cards and Baseball Memorabilia
    Motorcycles (although most of it's gone - 'cept one)
    Old magazines - C&D, Playboy, R&T, Drag Racing/ ND etc.
    Old records (but this is spread out over my entire family) - the old man still has a wind up Victrola and a few 40's and 50's era Juke boxes. Not mine, but nice nonetheless

18. Those would be cool to have.

19. Squablow

Squablow

I've got an old hollow body National guitar I bought off of some lady who dug it out of the trash in the 80's. I've got a bunch of other old acoustic guitars, most of them damaged, no idea why, I don't know how to play.

I've got a pretty good sized collection of tabletop radios, I try to stick with the colorful plastic 50's era ones. Not really into the wood ones. I've got a bunch of signs/advertizing stuff too that I'm collecting to hang up in my office (if I ever get it sheetrocked and flooring put in it)

I feel a little less like an outcast wierdo knowing that there's other people who have collections of crap like mine.

(and I have an old fingernail clipper with "Feerick Funeral Home" stamped on it, fits inside a little leather case, NEVER thought I'd meet someone who collected funeral home stuff! That's crazy)

20. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

The stuff I collect not many are into. Guess I am strange....

I collect drag race memorabilia and car mags from the '60's. I have 8 of those large comic boxes full of comics from when I was a kid. I am just stashing them till my son goes to college so I can make some tuition bucks. I also collect Billy the Kid books (non-fiction only).

But my largest collection is Motley Crue stuff. I got hooked on them back in '83 and have been a Cruehead ever since. I have tons of bootlegs on cd and dvd. Records, guitar picks, posters, autographs, and everything they have ever made on cd from all around the world. Not very "traditional". Let my beating begin. LOL

DuckusCrapus

21. Al Von

Al Von

I forgot to tell of my BIGGEST funeral home collection--photos!
    A friend from Cleveland who is about 70 years old got me started. He has pics of places he would go when he worked for a livery company, supplying hearses and limos to funeral homes. You gotta love the architecture of old funeral homes, not the sterile look the modern one's have. I have probably 300 pics from around Ohio and the country. My friends joke that I should write a book "Mortuaries of North America" or something like that!

22. I bought three,cloth,Funeral flags,that you put on your antena. Got them at the Ink-n-Iron show last year. They are from New Orleans. She said they were from the 30's,I think. I got them to put on my car when I drive in to a show.

23. rumblytruck

rumblytruck

Like most everybody else I have a bunch of Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightnings and such, two closets full of model cars and a pile of old car magazines. I also have a pretty good collection of old Nascar post cards from the 50's, 60's, and 70's (a good many autographed!) and since I never seem to wear 'em, I guess I collect NFL jerseys, too.

24. I was dismantling an S&S Cadillac hearse a few years ago and found a wad of black yamulkes. I kept one because... you just never know.

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What the hell is a Yamulke??

26. The yarmulke is the small round cloth cap that Jewish men wear.

27. Alfster

Alfster

Hot wheels, about 2000
    Other die cast models, a few hundred.
    Alf toys. about 100
    LP records. 900
    CD and DVD's 2000
    Wife collects Teddys, 600
    Lighthouse miniatures 200
    Fridge magnets 200

Then there's the cars......

We need a bigger house.... :)

28. i collect old surf boards,die cast cars,and old car parts

29. Fe26

Fe26

I used to look over a guys fence who had a collection of Guns as in Artillery pieces not rifles or Pop guns, from all combatant countries in WW2. Whenever he scored another gun he'd park it in his backyard, build a little tin roof over it, restore it, then polish it all the time. His wife had just enough yard for the washing. They lived in a modest old house, in a older suburb.... until the guy retired and the collection was advertised for auction worldwide..... you guessed it, the neighbourhood eccentric retired a millionaire. One gun a rare Jap. field gun fetched 250k.

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well there you go, learned something today! Don't think I have ever meet a Jewish person before!