Register now to get rid of these ads!

A question for Alliance members...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So thanks to a supporter here in Austin (The Lucky Lounge rules!), we have an opportunity to work with Miller as an Alliance Vendor. As such, the fellas in the plasma cutting division are in the process of brain storming ideas for Alliance promotions.

I just got off the phone with their GM and he was really interested to know what you guys thought... What would make you buy a Miller plasma cutter? A really steep discount? Free accessories? VIP treatment? Don't hold back, but keep it rational... And keep it in the plasma cutter world as that is the group we would be working with initially.

So, lets here it...

You can find the product line here.

2. John Denich

John Denich

Pricing in always a great motivator for me, I was looking at buying one soon, so that would be great news!

John

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Money.Period.

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

All of the above!

5. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

A great price, They already have the product, ...Another reason to re-up... Thanks..H

6. Yep, Discount. Tools like that are largely out of my price range. Especially when I have the old tried and true hot wrench. On the other hand I've used a plasma three times and experienced some serious jealousy each time. If the price was right I'd find a weak moment and get one.

7. Degreaser

Degreaser

Tell them they need to promo the water coolers for TIG's too. I already have a plasma. :D

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I agree on price, if it's direct from Miller then we should be able to get the same discount as the retail stores or better.

9. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

hell yeah, a discount would be great...

10. CAS

CAS

I've been borrowing a friends Miller 375 for a couple a years. A discount would gimme the nudge to buy my own.

11. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Sho me tha money!
    On a tig too, I already have their Mig and Plasma

Craig :cool:

12. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i am actually very close to ordering one from them

maybe i should wait a short bit
    they have a $100 mail in rebate right now on their "extreme"
    but really money is the main factor .....and quality/customer service...but I've had great relations with them on the other machines I've bought....so i dont see why this woudl be any different

Zach

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Price would definately be the major force in getting me to get a new plasma. Mine is old and beat up, but still plenty useable. A discount would get mine to someone cheap then I'd get the new one... I got their MIG, but got a Lincoln TIG for a deal that I couldn't get with Miller.... But I'd rather have blue.

14. Swifster

Swifster

I'll add my .02 cents as I'm going to throw my money down with the Alliance soon. Millers are considered at the top of the list for welders so I'd say a nice discount would be great. I'd be looking at their stuff anyways and this would just be icing on the cake.

15. I'm with the majority here. The less green I need to shed to buy something of quality, the happier I am. A discount is the way to go.

16. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

SWEET!!! I am a Blue man myself. I've been eyeing a new TIG. But they are just some bling in the $$$.
    A good discount and I'd pull the trigger on a plasma as well.

17. synthsis

synthsis

don't forget free shipping as that could easily negate any discount that they can give us.

18. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

As said before, the initial price.

As soon as Miller sees a surge of sales thru the Hamb alliance I am sure their Mig/Tig divisions would soon follow. Where else could you come up with a win/win for BOTH the producer and consumer.

19. For me to buy a tool I don't need, price would make the difference.
    It would be nice to have a plasma cutter for that occasional chore.

It's great to see that you are beginning to really make some inroads with some of the biggies. I guess the word about the power of the HAMB is getting out. As I see it becoming an Alliance Vendor is a good deal for all involved.

20. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

I would also have to say price. That is the only hurdle that has kept me from getting one.

DuckusCrapus

21. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I'd have to say money as well. When I buy one it will be a Miller anyway (don't tell them though;) )

BIG discount, don't gig me on the shipping and some Miller boxer briefs would be SWEET!

Or a couple extra tips as they wear out.

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont cut enough heavyer material to justify buying one ( but a healthy discount might change my mind...)

Both my Mig and my Tig are Millers.

I'm very happy with them...

23. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Well... here's my thoughts...
    For those of you who do this for a living and/or make money on the cars you build, $1500-$2000 is pretty easy to spend for a "first quality" tool, knowing it'll eventually pay for itself. For guys like me who are trying to make car and house payments and build personal cars in the garage, it may be a diferent story. I personally, can't afford a $2000 plasma, even if I do get it for $1500....:(

Is there any opportunity for first dibbs and/or steep discounts on seconds or refurbished plasmas? I would think that somewhere along the line one gets scratched or is replaced under warranty..... For the little I would use one, a refurbished unit would be fine.

I'm still planning on buying one at some point in time anyway...even if it is a few years off. Chances are it'll be a Miller.

This addition to the Alliance is supported by:
    Kamp

24. RodLand

RodLand

Steep discount would do it for me. Get er done, I have already picked out one. Oh I do like blue.

Could one be picked up at a dealer? I have one less than a mile from me.

25. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

When my wife comes home from shopping for the latest fashions the first thing she says when I ask her how much she spent is, 'But look how much I saved!'. Let me turn the tables on her so I can say 'But look how much I saved!'

Vance

26. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

:D Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :D

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

1. Wholesale pricing
    2. No shipping charges
    3. 6 extra tips and wearable replacement parts
    4. Local service center incase of repairs or warranty issues

28. Squablow

Squablow

Of course everyone is going to want to get a good deal. But another thing that might be a good idea would be to have a member of the Miller staff become a HAMB member to answer questions about welders and plasma cutters.

Seems like at least once a week someone has a question about a welder and would be great to have an expert chime in to answer questions. I'm sure Coker tire gets a great deal of business not only because they're an alliance vendor but also because they have staff that checks in from time to time to answer questions for people.

I think the best way for Miller to be able to give a HAMB discount would be for a group of HAMBers to go in on a group purchase. Maybe 10 people would sign up for a plasma and Miller would offer a reduced price since they're selling a quantity. I get the feeling a lot of people would say they want one but I wonder how many would actually commit?

29. Make a simple, no frills plasma, discount it to us for $1000, and you have my tax refund in February.

30. NOBILLETA

NOBILLETA

YEP, Price here too, if its good enough I would probably put one next to my BLUE mig. Been eyeing them for a while now.