Register now to get rid of these ads!

Donate and Win! HAMB Drags Silent Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Aug 1, 2007.

1. stan292

stan292

Hey gang -

Its time to get serious about your donations to this years HAMB Drags Silent Auction. I've had a good response so far, but still need to hear form lots more of you.

Not that its needed, but there's an added incentive this year. All donors will receive one of the nifty "I gave" pins (shown below) as a souvenier of their generosity, and will also be entered in an exclusive free drawing (donors and helpers only) for an original "Big Sounds of the Drags" record album.

So get crackin'. Go to your goodie stash now and grab an item or two to bring along. If you can't make it this year, ask a friend who's going to bring your stuff. And if that isn't an option, PM me and we'll make arrangements for you to mail or ship the swag to my home. I'll take it from there.

I'll be accepting items at the host motel Friday evening and Saturday before the races. If at all possible, I'd appreciate getting your stuff then, so I can get it logged in to the "bid book" prior to the race. Even so, do what works for you. Donations will be accepted anytime before the auction closes at 8:pM.

Thanks to all who have participated in past silent auctions, and to those of you who will be donating and bidding this year. See ya at MoKan!

P.S. I could use a little help out at the track. Last year I was so busy I only got to see about 15-minutes of racing. If anyone would be willing to "stand in" for a half-hour or so at the auction site, please PM me.

Attached Files:

2. Buford

Buford

Stan: I hope to be there with some "stuff" again this year. If I can't make it, I'll send it with my son Brad "blakmerk". Buford

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Nailed for Stan da man.

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Stan, once again I will be donating a Desk Top Art Work model. I'll bring it with me and catch up with you at the hotel. Gene

Attached Files:

5. customcory

customcory

I have a few 11X17 prints that I could send you, for whatever there worth. My pics don't do them justice, they look really good in person. Here is what I'll send if it will help......

Dsc00344.jpg

Dsc00347.jpg

Dsc00348.jpg

Dsc00038.jpg

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hey gene....weres the rust revival one i recall ya talkin about???id like to check it out!
    stan, im lookin for stuff right now...might have a couple left over tee's from our show...ill see what else i can find! imma bring it with! its a kool thing you do there bro! and my dads name was stan so you gotta be kooL!!!!;)

7. 1320Paul

1320Paul

I'll be sending these two 16x20 prints. Good luck with the event! I hope the winners enjoy them.

Paul
    [​IMG]

8. 1320Paul

1320Paul

And this one. Both are limited editions of 20.

[​IMG]

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

dear LORD.. ive been good this year and would really like to win a certain picture at the HAMB DRAGS....if you find it in you powers, please bless me with the highest bid, for my wallet not runith over!:eek::)

thats insane killer 13!!!! you rule!:cool:

10. bwiencek

bwiencek

I've got a brand new SBF performance cam that I'll be donating - anyone from Kansas City care to take it down Friday as I won't be coming until Saturday... (PM me if you are going down early)

11. Hey Stan, I've got a few things for you.

1. Old chrome hand spotlight with pushbutton switch on the back

2. Small picture book called Car Culture (note that's not spelled with a K!) with a bunch of cool B/W photos.

3 An old well used GT40 Cox tether car. It is complete but the axle gear is stripped.

12. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

sent you some ford f-1 shock brackets today!

13. I'm bringing a skateboard deck that will (hopefully) get finished by any and all stripers at the panel jam at Ryno's.

14. Stan, Just missed the Post Master yestrday so today's the day. You should be recieving it Thursday. (Original Prisma color & ink drawing is aapx. 11x14 and doesn't have the photoshopped sky.)

[​IMG]

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

stan, like a damn dummy, i missed the whole winning part...never been to the drags before so i wasnt thinkin right....i was walkin up to see if i had won anything when a club member told me that already went down! imma tool~! :eek: i was hopin to walk off with some 1320art!!!!oil well, ill be smarter next time! great to have met ya stan!
    todd:)

16. So who was the lucky guy that ended up with the LP?

18. And I won one of the Problem Child prints (roadster on the Salt)... it's awesome. It'll get framed one of these days real soon. Thanks.

I lugged the skateboard deck down... and back again. The panel jam at Ryno's didn't happen.

I'll finish up the deck meeself and get it up for a HAMB Auction in the next week or two.

19. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Glad you dig it! I was wondering where they wound up... :D

20. I had to outbid Denise for it, and thought Earl Shieb was gonna get me, but I ended up with that one and I'm darn happy to have it.