Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts exchange meeting

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by BenD, Jul 20, 2007.

1. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Folks, Just a thought but seems like there's always some sort of parts exchanging, relays, etc. going on during the weekend of the Drags, but with the busy schedule and constant socializing it's sometimes tough to get stuff to the rightful owner even if you know who you're looking for. Most of the time all you know is a screen name and "Yeah, I'll be there".

Any thoughts on a designated time/place for all the people that have parts to exchange to meet and do the deed without spending all weekend trying to track someone down. That way if there are large pieces there will be plenty of help to do so at that time.

Say 8 pm at the Tennis Court (South side of the Ramada). That way it's done and out of the way for the rest of the weekend.

Whaddya say,
    Ben

2. I think someone said they tore out the tennis court?

Good idea any way. Flat Top will have some stuff i need to pick up. What day?

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

4. BELLM

BELLM

Good idea. I'm bring back a transmission for someone.

5. arkracing

arkracing

Yeh sounds like a good idea - Flat-Top's got a whole crapload of stuff for me :D :eek:

6. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'm thinking Friday night. The Tennis court was there a couple weeks ago, but dunno.
    I'll try to verify before hand.

7. Rusty

Rusty

This will be great as I will have a cab and a cowl and I Am sure a whole lot of other parts

8. Very cool.

9. atch

atch

good idea. i don't have any parts to bring or to pick up this year (for once!), but i'll help if needed.

10. Cool offer man. It may take double the arms if everyone has enough beer in them by8!:D :eek:

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

ill be there with a crank an a set of fenders goin to plan9 for ben

12. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Great Fiddy, I've been concerned 'bout them fenders.

13. Rusty

Rusty

When is your next trip to California. I got some fenders that need to find there way. I can bring to mokan. Let me know

Rusty

14. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Next trip should be late September or early Oct. Be happy to take the fenders Rusty. Have the buyer pm me and we'll work something out.

BTW-for everyone else reading this thread. I live between Spfld. and Joplin so if anyone needs to ship big stuff from the Swap Meet or the Drags I'll do what I can to help out.

It's obviously not a "Relay" on my behalf, because I do this for a living, but it might help some of you close some deals with the drags being the transfer location.

BenD

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Excellent idea.

I have a little sumthin sumthin for Flat Top.

Always have, always will.:D

16. arkracing

arkracing

Have these plans been firmed up? or ?

According to Bob I - "have a big load"

17. guiseart

guiseart

TRAVES HAS CRANK!!!!!

18. Hey brotha, you bringing me some 223 valve cover pieces?
    Old buddy old pal?? :p

19. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

don't worry we will be there !

20. KCsledz

KCsledz

I will be driving down Friday night Ben don't know if I can make it by 8pm but I will figure something out with ya if I am running slow. I hate to make ya drag the rims to the track on Saturday. I am staying at the inlaws in Carthage so it's not too far. If I can't make it Friday I will call ya so we can figure out a time to swap goodies before you go off to to what you are going to do Saturday morning.

21. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

funny you'd ask 'bout that! ...jist so happens i tripped over (LITERALLY!) that rocker assembly couple days ago, an said "Fiddy...don't fergit that thing fer Mike..don't want him off his rocker!":eek: :Dyur head have "Zero-lash" arms? might be 'ol Fiddy got somethin for ya :cool:

22. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I went by the Hotel last week and the Tennis courts are still standing. The Taco joint is now a Starbucks, so parking behind it will most likely be an issue.

Let's plan a 7pm meet on the Tennis court and then we can disperse to the trucks from there.

7PM-FRI. evening-Tennis courts to the south side of the Ramada. Worst case is you can at least meet and trade cell #s so you can get in touch with the transfer guy during the weekend.

Fiddy, I know you're cookin' so you're excused. I know how to find you and Earl does too.

Cody, the wheels will be in the bed of my puller so we can meet at the track, no problem.

23. If some of my stuff sells, I will be there too. I am also bringing stuff back for Luckydevil and Dirtyt so far, should have room for others if I dont buy the swap meet:D

Don

24. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i'm ready, so let the fun begin!

the mobile junk yard is headed to joplin

Attached Files:

25. atch

atch

don't let him kid you; this thing isn't fully loaded yet. i just sent him pix of what i need about 5 minutes ago...

26. arkracing

arkracing

HAHAHAHA. I bet 1/2 that is mine :D

I hope it all fits on my truck/trailer

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

holy hell Bob... looks to be 'nuff in there to build at least two cars! :D

28. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

two 34-35 chevy trucks and one 64 impala with a john deere diesel motor thrown in for good measure! ha ha ha

29. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

if'n ya ever come across a pristine lid for the cab of a 49-54 overland pickup... lemme know, mine looks like gregory hines danced on it for a week and someone screwed a tarp to the back of it at one time so its got like a hunnert holes :rolleyes:

30. sodas38

sodas38

Ah sweet, thats my frame on top of that heap isn't it!! I guess that means I'll be at the tennis courts at 7p.m. on Friday night. I may be bringing a model T touring body with me to drop also.