Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i collect hot wheels and old metal coleman icechest

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

I collect Hotwheels and die cast cars....now I just do the box sets....my wife collects limited edition Barbies and Star Wars stuff......Hey Bad Bob...you told me you collect all kind of Merc stuff...do you have the Gone In Sixty Seconds Hotwheels Merc??? Oh yeah any luck on the SD poster???

Attached Files:

3. Every Merc...every set with a Merc...custom painted Mercs...Mercs i've customized myself...so the answer is yes! I just bought another "Gone in 60 seconds" set,so I can paint the purple flames red.
    Tell your wife I just put a 4" Boba Fett,MIB,on E-bay. It goes for 2K,so i'll be happy to get $1500 or so. I have a box of Barbie stuff too.

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone interested in modern Military medals, Im selling mine.

5. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

I collect Lucite Purses. There like little gems. Bakelight jewlery and other bakelight items. I also collect vintage bicycles. i have bikes that date back to the 20s.My boyfriend collects Hot wheels some of which were the very first ones that came out. He also collects vintage gas station toys and souviners. His grandpa used to build cars back in the day and had two gas stations. As a gas station owner he would get these promos or souviners. Some times they would be toys or other goodies. i love antiques.

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

Damn...I'm gonna try to talk the wife in letting a few things go!!....I know one Merc item you don't have:rolleyes:......don't worry, Im still looking for one for you....actually a buddy of mine might still have his...if he does, I know he will have no problem letting it go......

7. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

Oh yea i forgot im into collecting Keith Weesner paintings and others. i like alot of low brow art. Hopefully i will start collecting some of coupe_de_cabs art too:)

8. [​IMG]

Is this "low brow" enough?

9. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

OH my God i just peed!LOL

10. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

11. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

OOOH me like that one:D

12. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

Yea as i have seen your insain collection in person. Your collection is awsome!!

13. NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES

NURSE BETTY BROWN EYES
    from HOLLISTER

You say you collect old black funeral home fans? my grandpa has one thats got Martin Luther King on it and its old. it has a wood handel on it too. He lives in Ohio as well. Why he would have it i dont know but i remember he has that. im not sure which funeral home it came from however.

14. DashEight

DashEight
    from Seattle WA

I collect Guitars, Drum Kits, and Cars. I’m not married so there is no need to waste cash filling the house with anything else. I'll grow up when I'm forced to. I should collect some paint and get rid of that ugly ass green paint the former owner painted everything.
    [​IMG]

15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

For me it`s Bonneville stuff. I have almost every Program--missing only 50,51 and 59.I have participant decals back to 57, and event posters back into the 60`s.Also some Russeta Lakes programs,and as many magazines with Bonneville features and articles as possible...We are too poor to collect Mission/Frank lloyd Wright stuff but we have tons of books...sigh...

16. Kinky6

Kinky6

Geez, where do ya cross that line, from buyin' a couple things that ya like, to being a fully obsessed collector.....

No huge collections, but I have some:

Robert Williams lobrow hot rod art posters

Linen colorized postcards from the '30's & '40's of Asheville, N.C., the Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Smokies park area. I've given away at least as many as I own to some friends who are also crazy about that area.

Arts and Crafts or Mission furniture and lighting. I was drawn to this stuff before I even knew it was a "style".

Falstaff beer stuff. My grandad owned a Falstaff distributing company in Rolla, Mo. back when I was a kid.

Shot glasses. Not the ones from Gatlinburg or Pensacola or wherever, but some antique ones with some seriously un-P.C. stuff printed on them. Funny, in a sexist, racist, kind of way.

Six cylinder speed equipment, mostly oddball intakes.

One of my larger collections of stuff is antique and vintage hot rod toys, especially ones with inline six and straight eight engines. Tin, die-cast, plastic, wind-up, moving pistons and engine parts; all sorts.

Oh, yeah, and rusty old car stuff, of course. :D

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

17. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I forgot I also collect Case brand knives. Trappers for the most part. I have about 35 of them and they come out with 30 or so each year.

18. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I buy old TELEPHONE STUFF ....... also have a large collection of Toy Tin phones

Attached Files:

19. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I do the oil & gas signs, gas pumps and hot wheels of course. I'm getting into champion spark plugs now since I found a bitchin 1920 champion spark plug counter display box. Those little bastards are high!

20. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

i collect books, motorcycle magazine from the 60s & 70s, hot wheels, models cars, barenjager stuff, cheerwine stuff, license plates, mr potato head stuff, japanese motorcycles from the 60s & 70s, and tools

21. i have all my marbles but my shooter is cracked!

22. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

about 6 years back when monster garage and west coast choppers hit the scene real hard i kinda fell in love with Jesse James

NO NOT IN A GAY WAY

his build style, his attitude, his opinion on life and so on are so much like my veiws on the above and just thought he was an all around cool guy

started collecting the 1:18 scale bikes when they came out, then moved on to other WCC stuff and when my first son was born we named him Jesse James Smith.

well the collecting the WCC stuff kinda went out the window when i started building the rods on a daily basis, so i lost interest

and i am thinking about selling the stuff as a whole collection if any one is interested ----- think i may get some pics and throw the whole thing on ebay

Attached Files:

23. Gerg

Gerg

my wife says i collect shit i think its all good stuff lol. I have an accidental huge collection of computer parts because i do computer repair for a living. I collect old bicycles thats the one the wife really doesn't like because i am always trying to get her to go out for a cruise with me on em lol

24. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

80's Mongoose BMX stuff too!

25. olderone

olderone

Old time Pump blow torches.About 50 of them.

26. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

You got one that sprays lead? :)

Attached Files:

27. JAWS

JAWS

Lionel trains, slot car stuff, Hot wheels, some old Tonka truck, Old car mags and some old electrical tools. I even have some original U-haul promo toys.

28. Girlfriends. And model kits, die-cast cars, magazines, rusty old cars....its all crap.

I do have a fetish for antique radios, especially floor console units.

I also tend to collect items from the old Hotel Grim in Texarkana. The hotel was built in 1925 and was the ritziest place in town. After it was shut down, most of the interior items were auctioned off. Things show up at the antique shops over there from time to time. I have several old pull chain light fixtures, ceramic and silver bathroom items, leatherbound telephone book holder with all the original ads still in it from the early 30's, an old brass pushbutton light switch and faceplate, glass globes, etc. I really want to find some of the engraved silverware from there, and some of the ceramic bathroom tiles had the hotel name and insignia on them. Someone in Tyler, Tx has a gas station with the original wooden phone booth from the hotel. i know a man that has one of the original leather bound check in registries with Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash's signatures in it, but I cant buy it!

29. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Boy.. I'd like to see the Teleephone Booth !!!

30. The phone booth was awesome. The same guy may have the mailbox from the lobby as well. The old hotels like that usually had a mail drop from all the floors that led into one main wooden mailbox in the lobby. One of the antique shops has a porceline barber shop chair that came from the barber shop that was in the basement, its in EXCELLENT condition.