Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. I recognize that case! I get drawn to it everytime I go to your house! Always been my favorite movie! You've got quite a big collection of "other" stuff too Kev!!!

2. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

3. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Shot glasses...............I've got one from every trip I've went out of state, plus a few, my prized one is one from RON JON SURF SHOP, one of the 6 shot sized ones, always on display. Whiskey bottles as well, expecially Jack Daniels collectors edition stuff. I'm not exactly proud of this one but, let's just say I also have a small collection of adult books and videos, some of my Playboys are worth serious bucks though.

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I collect ''Paint-by-numbers'' :)

5. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Vintage Bug sprayers & tattoo machines!

Attached Files:

6. I realized that people will collect absolutely anything when i saw a guy on TV that had a huge collection (albums full) of those little plastc things that hold a loaf of bread bag closed. He had all sizes, shapes, colors, years etc. talk about need to get a life!!

7. F1James

F1James

Old rideing mowers.Have a small yard but no less than 7 rideing mowers made in the 60s.however i do ride them two blocks up the street to another friends house to keep them charged up He collects peddle cars.

9. I collect brass pressure stoves - Primus etc. Like this below;

[​IMG]

10. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Icollect specific photos.Mercedes racing car photos only,and old prints only not new reprints etc .I used to collect anything old until I got robbed in 2000 and lost $75,000 worth of stuff.
    I had collection of spark plugs which had been valued by the curator of the national motor museum in the UK at $5100AUD,It too went with the other stuff.
    i was forced to sell my last Hemi because some my engine parts were with the gear that was stolen and legal bills over 6 years ( to sue the thiieves)cost mega money.
    I pay a lot of money for the photos ( most if not all are over 50 years old except one of Adolf hitler inspecting a racer his government funded,in 1939) but that means nothing,the value means nothing ,what is important is the "hunt' for something you never see very often.
    regarding hot Wheels cars,I never thought they were much until i found this site where a guy sold his collection and bought a hemi road runner project.
    http://sandysgarage.com/shop.html

11. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Salt lake city huh? I seen it on TV.
    [​IMG]

12. Hahaha! Fortunately I'm a transplant - so I did not mean it that way.

13. i have about 1500 richard petty items. i will pick up about anything small and antique to put in the house. that evel kneivel case is killing me.

14. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

According to my wife I collect Junk. I told her that I collect 'collections'. Dont have a lot of any one item but I have some old timer and unkle henry knives, bunch of old bear can openers, lots of old tools, some guns, many years of Hot Rod mags, Dale Earnhart stuff, old liscense plates, old road signs (anybody ever seen a Yellow stop sign?) old oil cans, coins, die cast cars, and freekin trailers! I got a trailer for just about every freekin purpose. Car hauler, motorcycle hauler, garden tractor hauler, scrap trailer, tool trailer, camping trailer. Were considering a major move soon and I got to get rid of tons of crap! If anyone wants to start a collection i have a good start on a bunch of em!

15. I collect early to mid 60s drag racing magazines and photos. I'm around 10 issues short of a complete run of Eastern Drag News (weekly '62-'65). I also have a complete run of SS&DI, 1964 up to 1971. I also have a small collection of toy farm tractors and Hot Wheels.

16. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i collect anything hot rod related pre1955
    magazines, books, etc.
    really anything old that i think people would have had during the time period that interests me
    oh and roadsters too!!

its all part of my plan to go back in time....i want to be prepared! :D

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bob ,
    In addition to collecting vintage Pontiac speed equipment i collect obscure vintage vinyl records. Some of these jewels bring up to $1,500 for a 45 rpm!
    It's a disease i tell ya !

18. 1. I have 62 Hickory shafted golf clubs. They are all pre-1900 and are all from Scotland.

2. I have more knives than I can count

3. I have about a hundred antique soldering irons. The kind you have to use an external source to heat up.

4 I have lots of old brass blow torches.

19. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

records and vintage guitar amplifiers

part of the trouble:

[​IMG]

20. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

I collect antique American Flyer and Marx toy trains. Especially Marx 3/16" scale tin lithographed stuff. Thats my winter nerd hobby. Run 'em on an 11'x 22' layout in the basement. I still have a Flyer set I got for Christmas in 1957. I have a bunch of "G" scale trains that I have no place to run. That doesn't make much sense. Also have a bunch of "Dunwell" brand steel trucks, [big Tonka size,] that I've had since Christmas 1955.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  21. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

my parents own a antique shop and when i was about 14 they bought a whole estate and there was arond 150 redline hotwheels cars and a orange race track with a garage that had two foam wheels in it that shot the cars around the track... well while playing with it in their antique shop a older guy offered me 200 bucks for the cars and the track... and like a idiot i sold it to fund my car stereo habbit.. now i wish i had all that stuff back.. who knows what it would be worth now...

22. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I collect universal monster stuff. Creature from the black lagoon is top on my list this week. Anything classic monster related. Picture albums from the late 80's mid 90's thrash metal stuff like suicidal, slayer, anthrax, testament, overkill, anything thats weird really. Halloween stuff (Michael Meyers) John Carpenter. Masks, Dolls, pictures, movie posters, I love horror movie stuff.

23. gasshole

gasshole
    from new jersey

OK, I collect HO scale slot cars Aurora,Atlas,Tyco,Riggen ect... some are worth over $1000. I have at least 1500 also I have a large Gumby collection :eek: you know the one a little green slab of clay. and some how I ended up with about 150 various bottles of hot sauce :D
    Gasshole

24. banjorear

banjorear

Antique fans. Love them....

25. 60'coupe

60'coupe

I used to collect speeding tickets then I realized I had to pay for them ! I have some 80's vinyl 33's and 45's !
    Rob

26. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

engine parts for engines i dont even have or have ever had. i like random stuff that i cant really use.

im really into antique tools and machines and especially cameras

i also collect pomade cans....empty ones. i have a drawer full of about 30 of them and another 20 or so in a box. figure ill use them for small parts or nuts and bolts or something one day

27. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

Tin toys from the 50's,60's, and 70's . Tin robots, space toys and ray guns. Only a little Godzilla stuff as I have been selling it off.

CZ motorcycles , Got anything for sell?:)

Kevin

28. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

EVERYTHING!
    I dig old glass reflectors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Guns.
    I have built flintlock rifles, built assault rifles. Sold most of the extras off and dont shoot much anymore.
    You think cars are expensive try shopping around for guns and parts.
    You can drop a years worth of body work and tool money in about 10 seconds on guns.

30. Spaulding

Spaulding
    from Wichita

I collect a little bit of everything. Indian arrowheads, hot wheels, old comic books, lotsa baseball cards, Tootsie brand toy cars and trucks, John Deer tractor toys. I really dig yard sticks from the 60's that came from Chevrolet dealerships advertising new cars. Have several consecutive years. I really like to have those Evel Knievel, Planet of the Apes and Star trek figures. Used to have them all, but like a typical kid, most were burned or blown up. DAMNIT!!