Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Any of you guys collectors of other stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 30, 2007.

1. I'm gonna sell all the cars I collected from 1980 to 2000. That's alot of them. Still in the packages. The RedLines will never be for sale! They were my toys,NOT collectables. I met a guy named Don Montgomery(not the guy who sells the old picture books)who collects oil cans/bottles and tether cars. What a collection! He's an Early Times,member.

2. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Besides my hotrod, my other passion is 60's dealer-built Chevy "supercars"...Yenko, Baldwin-Motion, Nickey, etc. Over the years I've built up a pretty decent collection of dealership memorabilia, vintage photos, speed parts etc. This was the display i set up this weekend at the Supercar Reunion in Collinsville IL. Its just a small portion of my collection, but is semi easy to transport.

Attached Files:

3. The latest thing that has been catching my attention is travel decals and travel stickers for your suitcase. The stickers are easy to copy,especially with printers,but the decals are very expensive to duplicate as a water transfer. I've got one from almost every state. Missing about 8 states. The collection started with Marcy at the Primer Nats a few years ago. Thanks Marcy! Some of them have Pin-up looking girls on them.

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Lighthouse replicas and books on lighthouses.....love to photograph them and I have shot almost every lighthouse on the east coast from Campobello, CA down to Key West.......

Books, posters, club plaques, and anything related to Dry Lakes and Bonneville racing!

Brucie

5. Putting it out for viewing is a much healthier way to collect that squirreling it away like I do. It doesn't make you less "sick" though. Nice stuff BTW.

6. Oh yeah, books. Forgot about the fucking books.

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I have been known to collect a piece of art or two.

8. What did you have to do,to get a table with Foose's balls on it?:eek: Oh yeah,i collect Hot Rod books,Hot Wheels(Bob,i also have my original redlines)and Automotive Art.

9. 1320Paul

1320Paul

One of my weaknesses........frickin models.

Attached Files:

10. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I buy sell and trade a lot of 50s 60s and 70s car magazines at car shows and on eBay.
    I started selling to buy parts for my projects but Ialways seem to buy more collections.
    I have stuff from the 50s to present.

13. i collect the tops off of PBR caps, hopeing to get enuf ace of spades to glue them all to the dash of my car :cool: otherwise i collect alot of antiques.. beer bottles, pop bottles, really old medicine jars, i have a huge CD collection, knives.. guns.. ect.

14. 1320Paul

1320Paul

If your wives or friends ask, "Why do you collect that old CRAP??" Just say.....Yes it is C.R.A.P........Collectible Relics And Paraphernalia.

15. I have a few collections:
    Hotwheels & other diecast
    Travel Decals
    RatFink stuff
    Talking Dolls(PeeWeeHerman,HermanMunster,Beetlejuice,BartSimpson,FreddyCruegar,
    Bozo,Erkle,i'll stop)
    Old Schwinns
    A&W Mugs
    Merc EVERYTHING!
    Bubble Gum cards(Monkeys,Batman,Green Hornet,Lost in Space,Superman,Planet of the Apes,etc.)
    HAMB signatures(on my banner)about 85 so far.

It's an addiction!

16. Dust, lots of dust. Lithographs of women, like Maxfield Parrish, Armstrong and Fox. Vinyl records, 1000s of 'em. Antique furniture. Concert tickets and wristbands. But no great amount of anything. Just stuff that I like. I have a tuck & roll Kustom guitar amp, though I play bass. I play through an old Ampeg B-15. I'm not exactly anal retentive, so I don't have any COMPLETE collections of anything. I like doing stuff. If I ever get Alzhiemer's disease, I'll lose my most precious collection, memories.

17. Hey Phil, I've got a Fender Precision that I play through an Ampeg SB-12. Great amps. Bought it in 1966 at Manny's in NYC.

Oh yeah records. Forgot about the fucking records. Only several hundred, not thousands.

18. I thought I was the only NUTCASE on here!

19. racer756

racer756

This thread is becoming VERY scary...

20. scary?

21. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Did someone say collections?

I've always had a thing for toys from my childhood:)

I collect man-dolls from the 70's, they are called Megos, i played with these as a kid growing up, they were way cool back then.
    Here's the top of the collection case-

[​IMG]

Here's the bottom of the case-

[​IMG]

...and here are few of the "rare" ones-
    (the removable masked Robin is the rarest of them all)

[​IMG]

you've seen this one before... It's part of the Evel knievel collection (E.K. pinball machine and Hoffman E.K. bike not shown)

[​IMG]

We'll post more later:)

22. Oh yeah. The close quarter exchanges, the claustrophobia, the intensity and obsessiveness, the mouth-breathing, the B.O.

It's a powder-keg of pathology.:D

23. Benzine440, I play a Fender Jazz with GKS Brite Flats. Gives that dark smooth tone that works for country and blues. But I hate lifting that amp over the bumper to put it in the trunk. Been thinking about getting one of those "Modeling" amps like a Line6. It has a setting for a B-15 and a B-12 that's pretty convincing.

24. racer756

racer756

Good scary, BadBob, as in, you would think that besides being totally engulfed in car projects,people wouldnt have enough time or money to collect other stuff. And I thought that there werent alot of other folks like you and I that have collections of different things. I think its great to have alot of other interests besides cars.
    Take care

25. Oh Shit!!!! I just scared the dog by laughing so loud. hahahahaha

26. Von Franco

Von Franco

I have collected a lot of thing.The coolest one I have is Ed Big Daddy Roths
    hair clippings,a dryed up booger,and a pair of his stinkie socks...............

27. I have a case full of American Grafitti stuff.

[​IMG]

28. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

I collect rubber tire ashtrays, I have about 130 & don't even smoke I also collect old brass car horns have about 25

29. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

I still have some Star wars figures from when I was a kid, which figure is worth $2000? I collect mid century modern furniture and art- not necessarily high end desiger stuff, although someday I'd like to have some pieces. I collect pop bottle top popper openers, concert tickets, only ones I went to though (my prize so far is the Ramones), train stuff, polynesian/tiki artifacts, horseshoes (my neighbors ride horses around the fields near my house so it just seems to happen!, lots of other stuff.

30. I used to have that Evil Knievel motorcycle,that you wound up and it would do a wheelie and jump the ramp. We would have contests to see who could jump him the farthest. What memories.