Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see all the rods with radials!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Dennis M.

Dennis M.
    from San Jose

[​IMG]

The bias ply work ok for me.

Dennis

2. Here is another with radials on it.

Attached Files:

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Damn, Coop, ET is right, I saw your car at the SoCal open house sitting on Grand Ave. and was impressed and a little excited too. sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. zzford

zzford

AMEN!!! The performance provided by radials is too big an improvement over bias plys to go with "what looks best", in my opinion.

Attached Files:

5. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

still under construction yup running radials

Attached Files:

6. JamesG

JamesG

Is this picture before you got it striped?

[​IMG]

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

<P>
    </P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>Killer car Gary. You car is a good example of radials that look good.
    I shot this at the Road Agents and didn't notice the radials.
    If the car has the right size tire and it sits right nobody notices the type of tire.<BR>Especially on a fendered car.
    I've noticed that alot of the people that badmouth radials don't live in the northeast.
    Some of them have probably never seen a pothole or a frost heave.
    We have some of the worst roads in the country. I like my radials.</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>[​IMG]</P>

8. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Nope the stripes are there, they just don't stand out so much in B&W.

BTW, thanks for the compliments, everyone.

9. turdytoo

turdytoo

Switched the bias plys to the radials off the roadster for a comparison. Sold the bias plys and bought these. Made a white knuckler into an enjoyable.

Attached Files:

10. Bad Rat Nailhead

Bad Rat Nailhead

I have radials on mine fenderless i built what i could can't afford to buy bias for the look and i drive it year round. Rides great and i do drive it hard. Went to Road Agents show he didn't like some thing about my car and put me in the parking lot but that is fine i met alot of great people and had a great time. I would put pics but can seem to get them here.

11. glassguy

glassguy

yes there is a big difference in the roads in the north east the wash board pot hole ridden roads dont agree with bias plys.. ive had them on all my cars, and had to swich to radials. like someone just mentioned turned a white knuckler into an enjoyable ride... i think bias plys look so much better but chasing the car all over the road isnt fun.. and i like being in the left lane all the time !! my old pickup with and without fenders i thought it looked pretty good

Attached Files:

12. glassguy

glassguy

forgot one with fenders

Attached Files:

13. The_Monster

The_Monster

glassguy, not only do those radials look killer on that truck, that truck is awesome! Course, Im a fan of the fenderles version, and all the proportions are just right!

14. Radials hidden under fenders.

50,000 miles on radials and I wouldnt trade them on this car.

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Thanks for your 2cent$... seems like the other have no idea how bad and unsafe the roads are in the NE !!!!

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

no question the bias plys look wht better
    in my opion the diferance between raidials vs bias ( on a OPEN WHEEL CAR ) is street rod vs hot rod
    if your realy after a traisitinol look run the bias plys period.

17. LilDuec

LilDuec

Here's my 2 cents on it. I had nice radials on it before and went to bias plys. Alot more comfy and smooth and drives better with the radials. I personally think bias plys look alot better on fenderless cars like mine. If I ever get a car with fenders.......radial whitewalls for sure!

Before
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]

18. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

Andy's rat rod with radials.

Attached Files:

19. nexxussian

nexxussian

The roads are for shit here too. I have radials on the A and the Anglia, but then both are runnin fenders. I'll have to find some decent pics of them with the new tires.

20. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Before & After .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

I like the Radirs, but they'd look 10 times better on the bias plys IMO. By the way, I live in the NE too, and run bias plys everywhere. Potholes are potholes,I try to avoid them regardless of if I'm running radials OR bias plys. As for frost heaving and stuff like that, I've never had a problem with losing control of the car due to the tires. If your car wanders around all over the place unless it's got radials on it, there's more wrong with your car than the construction of the tires on it, and you should have your front suspension and alignment checked. I just sold the brand new set of radials my car had on it to another member here... they looked "ok", but not nearly as good as the bias plys... bottom line is, do whatever you want with your car. Some people like the handling advantage of radials and don't see them as ugly, Some people won;t accept anything but bias plys... I've had both on the same car, and decided the look of the bias plys is well worth the very slight difference in handling. here's a before and after of mine, except I went the other direction. No comparison.

Attached Files:

22. turdytoo

turdytoo

I'm stickin with them.

Attached Files:

23. Nort

Nort
    from Anaheim

O.K., I'm new to the HAMB, so here's my first post, I hope the picture shows up.
    This is my 29 c.c.p.u. running 15's front & rear with michelins on the front and BF Goodrich on the rear.
    just for my 2 cents worth, the radials do make driving nice, and with a fendered car/truck I think we can get away with it.
    I do have to agree that on a highboy, it's hard to beat the look of the
    bias ply whatever brand, I'll try to upload a pic of my friends 30 coupe highboy with magnesurm halibrands and bias ply tires.

Attached Files:

24. hambnbeans

hambnbeans
    BANNED
    from wyoming

Thats right, get those tred police to start givin some tickets, cause i'll roast my biased all over your radials any day!