Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alliance Membership lapse ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 52pickup, Jul 4, 2007.

1. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

So, my Alliance membership is about to run out, but I am currently in the poor house, so I can't renew yet. When I get the extra cash, say in a few weeks to a month, I plan to renew. Other than the couple weeks that I can use the benefits, is there anything else that I'll loose? Like if there is a "member since" deal, would it only say 2007, instead of 06? Just curious really, I really don't care that much.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

not really... your account will look the same whether you renew now or later...

thanks for supporting...

3. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

WOW !! I didnt relize that the Alliance Membership had an expiration date.

Is it only one year ? $50.00 a year ?

I havent really checked into it cus i RARELY purchase from any Catlogues for parts ... Actually just bought 1 tire from coker tire, first one in like 4 years.

I guess i need to go & read it real carefull like, Saw a post a bit ago where some guy was sweting those of us who dont have one so i thought i should get one to keep the mass's happy.

But i dont know if i spend enough in a year to warrant the $50.00

I buy 99% of my stuff from independent early dealers, swap meets, my local autoparts store, or private party.... Hmmm :confused:

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea but you're using the hamb, that should warrant the $50 enough. Most guys get it for the discounts, More importantly it keeps this cool site up and running!

5. I almost buy nothing from a catalog. I don't really care about discounts its just not an issue.

I'm a member because I am. The HAMB is a sweet deal period.
    No giant monster corporate sponsorships to deal with no real hard to follow rules just hang out and swap lies and talk cars 'n' stuff. Hell some of you guys even get to talk about stupid shit like fasion and culture once in a blue moon.

6. Yep, like chaddilac said, it keeps the lights on. Take a look around - do you see any banner ads or links to other websites on the main board? Me either. I LOVE that that only pop-up window I ever get here is a PM notification.

If you want to support the place but don't feel like an Alliance membership is for you, that's cool. You can do an auction of something you don't need or want anymore. Heck, you can even keep some of the auction proceeds for yourself and send the rest to Ryan.

And, I'm pretty sure Ryan will accept any donation you feel is appropriate.

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

So what yer telling me is ...... the HAMB is now like EBAY ?

If ya wanna use it you need to pay some dues ? :confused:

roadracer likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

no... no one said that...

9. If you don't feel like donating (key word here) then don't. This place is free for those that want it. I won't think less of your knowledge or contributions if you don't donate. Sharing what we know and love is what this place is all about.

10. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

BOY, I think i am getting confused here .....

I just wanted to Talk some Hot Rods, Talk some shit, Trade some parts ...

Maybe i should go lie down...

11. dv8

dv8

I'm on my second year.....I've actually MADE money with my membership. I've bought 3 sets (one of them a pair) of tires from Coker, 2 gas tanks and several magazines from The Hotrod Company, a flathead intake from Hotrod & Custom Supply, and a few other parts from Alliance vendors. It's all things that I would have bought anyway...but I saved way more than $50 last year!

Besides any of that...I would have gladly supported the HAMB even if I never used the discount!

I use Ebay all the time as well, as a buyer, so I've never had to pay any "dues" there...

12. Brother,You're missing some of the benefits of being an alliance member.Computerin aint free.Your alliance membership supports this site.(Ryan has to eat sumpin).I am an alliance member & the only vendor that I have bought from is Owens auto parts.So what does the hamb mean to me?..A pathway to tap the veritable library of automobile information available from the more experienced gearheads.Several voices of support when I have a problem,car related or personal.One of the members(I can't tell you who) drove 250 miles one way to help me w/a problem on my 61 belair,spent about 8 hours here & would'nt even take gas money.This is a man that I never even met until he knocked on my door.There is a club here in Daytona & one of the founders said he would come & help on a 26 coupe that I was working on a coupla years ago & he never showed.If someone cannot afford it,I of all people certainly understand,but if you can,you get a lot more than 10% off of a vendors price.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You get out of life what you put into it.

14. Big Dad

Big Dad

I paid 50 cause its the right thing to do ..

Plus, the HAMB lics tag makes me happy when I look at it

15. Tony Daytona

Tony Daytona

Was the right thing to do....but flat ass broke so I'll lapse a lil while too

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No your not, I've read your posts in the past, you know exactly what is going on. Playing the Columbo part is not going to work.:p

If you need more information regarding the Alliance read this....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=1089#more-1089

Everything Ryan does is for the good of the HAMB community and keeping the spirit of traditional hot rods and customs alive.

17. MotorBike Mike

MotorBike Mike

The way i see it is the timing tag alone is worth the 50 bones to me... the forums and discounts are just a bonus!

BTW ryan i just got my new tag last night (WAY fast i might add) And it is beautiful!!!!!!

MotorBike

18. Dirk35

Dirk35

Stupid question: If I renew before my time runs out, do I still get the newer Alliance Tag? Cause I do need one. Or would I have to wait for the Membership to run out, to get the new tag?

And does that mean Ill end up with 5 tags 5 years from now, even though I only need two more to cover each vehicle in my fleet?

Either way, Ill re-new, just gotta re-learn how to pay-pal.