Register now to get rid of these ads!

WOO-HOO!! no more title woes.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky77, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Lucky77

Lucky77

Well I got my application for title paperwork today. The lady at the Secretary of State said I should get my title in a week. Thank you soooooooooo much to everybody who took time out of their busy schedules to walk me through this process. I followed some step by step instructions provided by a couple of HAMBers and it worked perfectly. I walked out of there saying "There's no way it's this easy." Now that I know how to do it, I've got two roadsters to title but I think I'll wait a month or so. Again thanks you guys, couldn't have done it without ya! :D :D :D

2. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Don't count on it going so smooth next time. There will be another person at the desk with a whole new set of rules. :rolleyes: I hope it works out for ya. :) Good luck.

3. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

So spill it!!! What is the EXACT way to do so we can ALL say "There's no way it's this easy." C'mon mang!

4. 416Ford

416Ford

Congratulations Lucky, I was thinking you may need to change your name there for awhile with the trailer and the title problems all at the same time. Did you have to go to a different town or did you just get a different clerk?

5. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

I'm curious, too. How'd you do it?

You deserve it, man. You worked too hard on that car to not be able to enjoy it.

Now that school is out, we should get together. I'd like to check out your rides, especially your newest acquisition.

6. 29ZZ4FORD

29ZZ4FORD
    from NWFLA

Wow another LEGAL hot rod. You should move to Florida. Or better yet Alabama.

Glad to hear the ordeal is over.

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

Congrats....I want a ride...a FAST ride!!!!

8. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

OK no more excuses :p Get it finished so you can fire that mother up and go for a ride:D

9. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

It coulda been that easy the first time. you need to have your shit together when you go in. Ive done 4 N/Y registrations and no questions. I did tell em once when asked that id been working on the car for 4 years and didnt apply for a michigan title so I had to pay the fee for not doing that right away.. Big deal. Dont try to low ball em on tax money and 15 minutes later your out the door with the paper work for a michigan title in hand.. Its so easy a caveman can do it..:D
    Dave :)

Attached Files:

10. guiseart

guiseart

yeah - compile all your struggles into a "tech" for the next poor bastard... that'd be nice of ya. Grats.

11. rixrex

rixrex

Maybe it was my advice, maybe it wasn't..but here it is again because it works fo me..send off to International Title Service/ Las Vegas Nv. for their paperwork $120.00...Fill it out with YOUR VIN number, you can make one up if necessary..you get back Alabama paperwork (a Federally mandated Bill of Sale only,if necessary, state) you take this down to yer local DPS/DMV and do an out-of-state title transfer..you will get a beautiful pink and blue in the mail and be legal for usually less than $250.00..This is especially a sweet way to go because it uses your VIN number..I'm driving two cars going this way....

12. phat rat

phat rat

Here the game can be played for less than 1/10 that money. As Dave said it's so easy a caveman can do it. It's just a matter of knowing the process and not letting some uniformed clerk at the license bureau steer you wrong or tell you it can't be done.

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The fires of hell are going to descend on the offices since you gave their new location! Alabama paperwork from an office in Las Vegas, Nevada?? I smell a big news story, and a further tightening of regulations in Alabama, plus a nice jail term for the court officer doing those "inspections".

14. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I played that game for a few months myself. I didn't have any uniformed clerks, I had UNINFORMED clerks. Now I know that the INFORMED clerk is the one to go to and she'll sort out the uninformed ones IF you know the questions to ask and the details to give!! I got informed by my HAMB bretheren FIRST and THEN went about it the right way. Good to hear you've scored Scott, now drive that beast!

15. ian

ian

That'd be a great idea. Lucky, If you could type up a post on the exact steps you took to acquire a valid title, it'd be very valueable to everyone who frequents this board and is in a similar if not the same situation. ...If it's not toomuch to ask. Thanks.