Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not good. NOT GOOD AT ALL! 4 people dead.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TINGLER

TINGLER

2. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

i bet he was blipin the throttle for the crowd and shit got stuck.

That sucks real bad though.

3. fuzzface

fuzzface

I just saw it on msn but said exactly the same thing your link said. What a shame.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow,,that really sucks!:(

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

It's horrible.

Be safe out there folks. Things can get out of hand real quick.

6. 34ply

34ply

Pro-Street Corvette, showing off and lost it,

7. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

What a shame. Guy shouldn't be showing off in a large crowd like that.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The news says "drag race" but sounds like a dumb-ass doing a burnout to me, and we have stupid car magazines like CAR CRAFT that promote that kind of ignorant crap in their rag every month.

Bad thing is, stupid media uses the term "drag race" and the idiots (those in government) want to outlaw all drag racing.

9. chilimac

chilimac

That's terrible news,what is really bad is that it happened in a parade for Cars For Kids charity.This charity was highlighted on one of the Powerblock TV shows a while back and it's a very worthy charity.

10. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Well said. But it still suxs!

11. First of all, I ask myself what the hell is a vehicle like that doing in a parade anyway? Those things are dangerous enough on a closed track, but why oh why in a crowd? A lesson learned the hardest way of all I suppose. I feel for those people and their famalies, not to mention the poor driver of the vehicle. Hot doggiing or not, he has got to live with that cloud over his head forever. Hell, if I raced anything the only asphalt it would see would be the track. Who let this happen? Good golly, may they rest in peace.

12. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

It says drag racing car...because it was a drag car...it was in a parade not drag racing......you always find at least one show off in a crowd and unfortunatly for this one he killed innocent people.....hope he has GREAT insurance!!

13. Don't get me wrong I love gobs of horsepower and big smokey burnouts. But just the absoultue wrong setting.

14. Larry T

Larry T

Looks like the AMS Pro Mod car.

15. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

At the Back to the 50's show that's here next weekend, the streets of the fairgrounds are lined with people yelling and holding signs to "rev it up". The event officials every year have to pull entry tickets because somebody starts spinning the tires in crowds of people. Everyone gets pissed, but we have never had an incident like this thankfully because of it!
    They pull stickers even if the tires chirp because the dumbass driving doesn't know enough to let the RPM's come down before shifting back into drive!

16. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

When I left the LA Roadster show this afternoon, some jackass in a '40 Ford , tubbed rear slicks, decided he needed to burn out and haul ass in the General public parking area, 5 feet from a crowd of people...... always happens....

17. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

that suck............... prayers go out to the families... we got to be safe and not be foolish, we do not need a repeat.

18. I worked for the AMS founder Dave Woods when he owned Millenium Motorsports in Addison, Tx. Our racecar team consisted of a 56 Chevrolet we ran in supergas, 68 Nova in superstreet and a 57 Chevrolet with a Bill Kuhlman built 526 Olds that we ran under contract in the Nitro Coupe Super Chevy series. They still own the 57 you can see it at http://www.troycritchley.com. Our team; including myself, was not very experienced to say the least. We spent alot of Daves money. I can go on and on about the mistakes we made ... He just kept throwing money at the program. I left shortly after we started running the AMS logo. At that time Dave was in talks with NHRA trying to get the AMS thing started which meant I was going to be on the road more than ever so I reluctantly quit. But I remember that vette when he got it, I think it was on a Jerry Bickell chassis and been running nitrous motors for years, it to say the least has been around. You can see pics of it also on the site. This is terrible, but not surprising to me. I'll leave it at that..

19. chopt49

chopt49

Wow -

I saw on a TV show lately this Charity Event where this happened has folks doing this all day on the street with crowds on the "sideline". The TV program showed blown tubbed Pro Mod cars doing this very thing - On city streets!

So I assume this was par for the course with this event and this time it bit them in the ass!!

Some of you drag racers may recall the 1980's a very well known Funny Car driver did a burnout down the return road that killed a few people when he lost control! Needless to say they do not do that any more. I remember seeing that stuff at Sacramento Raceway in the 80's - blew my mind!

Anyway - I am sorry to the families that went out to enjoy a nice charity event and this happened..."moment of silence"......

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Time and a Place, Time and a Place!! That obviously wasn't the time or place.

Disgusting behavior from a "Professional", he knows better.

I feel sorry for the innocents that got hurt, or worse, but the jackass driving the car, needs a beating, or worse.

Being a Drag Race car it more than likely has NO insurance.

Hopefully charges are brought against him.

21. That just plain sucks.

It looked like a funnycar from the news shot I saw. And yeah, it sounds like it was an accident waiting to happen just putting something like that down the street. Hopefully the driver didn't do what some are assuming.

Thanks,
    Kurt

22. dude's, instead of being pissed off at the guy take a moment and say a prayer for the people who were killed. then for the guy that caused the deaths that he doesn't have to feel like the world hates him the rest of his life,he has to carry the burden of guilt until he dies. he was their for a just cause and......amen.

23. beauishere

beauishere

You're right.

24. Very good idea!!!Thanks for posting this ,i was thinking the same thing,reading through this thread.:confused:

25. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Videos are available in another thread here .IT WAS A DRAG RACE not a parade it was set up on a closed section of highway.It was Christmas tree start.People were lined up down both sides of the road right at the armco barrier like you would have seen in early 50s dragracing.I feel very sorry for everone involved .This was an event put on with the greatest Intentions to benefit a deserving group of people and intended to be a great day for all attending.This tragedy isn't over but just starting the lawsuits haven't begun

26. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

CNN called it a Street Rod!!! This guy's in deep shit!

27. toadfrog

toadfrog
    from Arkansas

I can't belive the promoter actually thought that a Drag Car like that should operate in those conditions. The 18" guard-rail that was only on part of the road side ,would not stop a regular car much less one with a 1000 hp or more....

I agree that the others the driver has a terrible burden to carry for the rest of his LIFE!!!!!

I work for a very large Motor Sports Promoter , at Tech school every year they beat in to our heads- Motor Sports are inherently Dangerous it's not "if" someone gets hurt it's "When".

At several events per year I have people get mad at Me for having them move to a safe place. The sad thing is that it is often the local Poilce or EMS that refuse to move.....I was almost arrested in OKC for telling them that could not watch in a unsafe location..

My prayers are with all the families .........

28. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Larry Price the shows organizer always wears bib overalls. Notice the guy in the video wearing bib overalls. Looks like he was stationed at the spot in the road to tell the guy when to shut off maybe? Looks like he gave him a hand signal when he went by.

I can't imagine no insurance carrier offering event coverage would allow this type of "racing" this at an event like this.

Major lawsuits filed Monday morning.

29. ratso575

ratso575

I have raced all my life , I can see doing a short blast to get the crowd going .......this person did a full out pass down a city street full of people ! what was he thinkin ?
    very , VERY sorry for the folkes hurt and killed , also sorry for an awesome looking car that also got wounded ...........
    now watch the shit hit the fan about hot rods , race cars and you know " those kind of cars " ................................ sad day !

30. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.