Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot rod Power tour ....Anybody?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, May 31, 2007.

1. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I plan on going down to Racine to catch the Power tour .I went to Milwaukee for the start of the tour in '05 and the finish in Green Bay in "04.It's always interesting to see what people will drive on the tour from wild to mild.. PAUL

2. kelseydum

kelseydum

I will be pinstriping all day in Little Rock, Arkansas June 8th and 9th at the Power Tour. I'll hope to have a couple of pinstriped panels for door prizes...ect. Fun in the sun...beautiful cars... doesn't get any better.

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Ive been a long hauler on 3 so far but will miss this one. Hope to make it next year though if it comes farther west for a change.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Weather permitting, I will be driving south early Sunday morning and catching up with the PT at their lunch stop and then cruzn across the state of Michigan with them to their Sunday destination in Kzoo.

HAMBer Leon and his lovely wife Sharon from California just left my place this morning in their '54 Wagon pulling their custom made tear drop trailer, heading for the start of the tour in Cleveland. They have already been on the road a week. Talk about long haulers.:D

5. I'll be at the end in Little Rock. Hopefully even have a car running by then! ;)

6. bgas56

bgas56

I'll be at the Racine,Wi stop Monday the 4th since this is my hometown.

7. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

I'm going to the start this year in cleveland, doubt they'll let my nissan in though, I couldn't get to the inner circle at the showdown in it either

8. Al Von

Al Von

I've been a Long Hauler before. What a great 10-day getaway! You'll never need to see another Mustang or Camaro again because you'll see every possible color/year/modification you could ever thing of. But what a blast! Especially Louisiana! Like going to another country.

9. shagg'n

shagg'n

leaving the great white north for cleveland sat am-doing long haul.Hope to maybe meet some you all along the way.We've been talking alot with Leon/Sharon last few months,great people(didn't realize they were Hambers!Denise,looking for a hug somewhere!

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Its coming thru here(Springfield IL) on tues I will be there for the stop

11. After BilletProof I'm blazing a trail south to Cleveland Saturday afternoon to meet my buds. Then rolling to K-zoo Sunday.

12. Hi, We will be in racine in the cop car.

13. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

I went today, holy hell was it hot here in cleveland. 3 hours in the sun, patience wearing thin, some sunburn, and a best friend with a bit of sun poisening...I still had a good time. I was happy to see all the mopar, some cool mustangs and camaro, but honestly, I've seen way too many mustangs for this year. But it was still a good time,

thanks to all that showed up, cuz if everyone was a spectator like me, it would just be a bunch of guys standing in a circle talking about cars, that aren't there, that they don't own

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I am picking up with them and driving in the rain to Racine today for the Power (Boat) Tour. :D Be sure to say hi.

15. Gonna jump in at Memphis.

16. kelseydum

kelseydum

Just got back from a press conference at the Rivermarket in Little Rock where the Mayor and everyone spoke about the Power Tour. It's looking like it's going to be a huge turnout, and to all those longhaulers, bring it on in to Little Rock... we'll show ya a good time with good people. I'll also have some hot rod art for sale and will be doing pinstriping hopefully both Friday and Saturday.

See ya there.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looking like????......trust me sweetheart, it is a HUGE turnout thusfar.;)

I headed over to Kzoo, MI yesterday in the rain to catch up with PT friends that I hadn't seen in years. The place was packed, and when I left the fairgrounds at 7:30pm the PT participants were still filing in. The line was MILES long, all the way out to I-94 and in most spots they were two wide.:eek:

It's too bad most of them either feel like they have to play follow the leader OR they don't have, or can't read, a map of the area cuz if they would have just passed up the first street that the PT people told them to turn right on(Lake St) to get to the fairgrounds, they could have continued straight and turned right about a mile down and came into the fairgrounds from the north. Guys were standing outside their cars thats how backed up traffic was.

One more strike against Family Events for their UN-organizational skills.

OldBobSign ran west with them today from Kzoo to Chicago but got off the highway once they hit construction, quote from Larry

"Headed onto 94 and ran with the "Moving Car Show" all the way to Union Pier where there was a five-mile backup due to the one-lane construction zone. Quite a few pulled over with problems but all had plenty of help.

I got off at Union Pier and ran Red Arrow (so did some power cruisers) down to Michigan City and got back on. Went through a couple of downpours and heard that north of Chicago has flood warnings due to slow moving heavy rain. The tour's heading to Racine, WI just over the border so I hope everyone makes it okay, they've really had to fight the elements."

Not the best two days weather for those guys.

18. Scott K

Scott K

I sat in downtown Dundee Mich yesterday (in the rain), just sittin in my daily, reading the paper in between watching the show roll by. Yeah, I need a life.
    Lots of nice rides. Way too many Mustangs/Cameros/Corvettes to count.

The one that had me laughing was the car/truck with a roll cage and no body. Don't know if he even had a windshield. Can't be fun driving that thing for a couple days srtaight in the rain.......or can it Denise??

19. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

that thing was unique. it was an s-10 as far as i can tell. just with the body and frame replaced with an exoskeleton. sounds like you already know about it, i just wanted to chime in i guess

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Despite the rain yesterday, I had a great time. Of the thousands of cars, I only saw one other car running wide whites. I did see THREE Pacers though! :D

21. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I think I saw 4 pacers....I'm guessing because they used to build them here in Wisconsin..My fiance got a big kick seeing them though. Overall it seemed like there were way more cars at Milwaukee in '05..Still had a good time.. PAUL

22. TWEKD1

TWEKD1
    from chicago

23. TWEKD1

TWEKD1
    from chicago

im a stupid as* i missed it by 1 week late im oops

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's one more Pacer than I saw. Hahhaa. I saw a Vega too. Actually I saw alot of crazy stuff. I think I only saw 5 trad cars at at most.

Here are my pics. I was suprised to see my old '46 there. Wish I could have stopped.

http://www.hotrodhucksters.com/chad/powertour

And if you're wondering why I took all the Herculiner truck pics, it's because I did all the ad work for the truck. If you have the current issue of Hot Rod, I did the pull out poster artwork.

25. JamesG

JamesG

Heres my pics from Little Rock today. These are just random shots of stuff that I thought was interesting, so don't shoot me for all of the billet. There were pretty much no traditional cars there. It's the Power Tour ya know.......There was a really big trailer with a HEEEEUUUUGE picture of Boyd on the side, I failed to get a shot of that though, sorry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. JamesG

JamesG

27. JamesG

JamesG

28. JamesG

JamesG

29. JamesG

JamesG

Well, thats all folks. There were a ton of cars there, but I ran out of batteries. This is just a hint of all the types of cars there. Anyway, I hop you enjoyed. There should be more tomorrow that I'll post on here. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

these two blow my mind.