Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nhra Sold!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedtool, May 30, 2007.

1. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

2. Good. Maybe they'll part it out in an attempt to make more money, then the hobbyists can start it all over again from scratch. Then it'll be affordable, and FUN like it was before it was all business

3. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

That would be good

4. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I call bullshit.

DRO is correct about 50 percent of the time.................if that.

5. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

wow, might be a good thing, we'll just have to wait and see

6. Larry T

Larry T

OK, is NHRA selling the Pro Series and keeping the Sportsman stuff? That's kinda the way it reads to me. If it is, it kinda makes you wonder what's gonna happen to the weekend racer tracks.

7. tooslow54

tooslow54

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

I dunno,,,,,,,,means they now have to answer to a parent company,,so if they say change this this and this ,,you get the idea..

Like AMF and HD ,,lol

9. plan9

plan9

isnt that shit happening right now with groups like ANRA, March Meet, CHRR? a bunch of people drag racing for fun? why dont we all build race cars and join in the FUN...show some support through attendance.

NHRA was destined for this the minute big crowds were drawn, its been fucked up since the 70's, right?

10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Since Bracket Racing :p I remember seeing fucking Chevy Suburbans with class win stickers and high 19 et's ,,but they were "consistant",,fuck that

11. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Maybe it will all fall to dust...
    A "reset button" is over due.

Or perhaps it will get even more like pro wrestling...maybe Paris Hilton will team up with Snoop Dog, on a joint funny car venture...haha..."joint"...

N H R A
    No Hot Rods Allowed...

12. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

its not bullshit, i work for vegas motor speedway, and got the notice early this afternoon

i can post the email, if y'all are interested

13. tooslow54

tooslow54

Thing is, there are plenty of heads-up "sportsman" series out there as someone already mentioned. Not that they care, but my opinion is they think they will turn NHRA into what NASCAR has become (like it's a good thing).

I just wonder what this will do to the "other" racing series' since most tracks are NHRA owned...​

14. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Straight from the horses mouth......................NHRA has NOT been sold. Selling a company and selling it's assets are two completely different things.

Q: Does this effectively mean NHRA has been sold?
    A: No.
    NHRA remains a non-profit corporation and will continue its original mission as a vibrant, active leader in the drag racing community, by virtue of both its ongoing role running amateur and sportsman racing and its ongoing relationship with the new company providing racing operations and sanctioning services to the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series. In fact, NHRA will be stronger than ever and extremely well positioned to pursue its core mission of promoting, protecting and preserving the sport of drag racing.

Q: Who owns NHRA now?
    A: No one owns NHRA.
    It is a non-profit corporation and will continue to focus on amateur and sportsman drag racing, offer its membership program, publish its weekly publication National Dragster and continue its youth and educational programs. And because of the perpetual sanctioning relationship with NHRA Pro Racing, it ensures NHRA will continue its role as the premiere drag racing sanctioning body.

15. RF

RF

Like you'd know Coby! Jeez...ain't like you got a relative that works for them or nothin--wait, you do. Nevermind.

16. tooslow54

tooslow54

You guys are going to start splitting hairs.

If someone gave you 100 MILLION dollars for your assets, would you consider them sold? I certainly would. I would presume there is some law that a Non-profit organization can't be "sold" for $$ since it's "non-profit" and selling "assets" is just a term loophole.

17. RF

RF

You just did. Coby's right. Primedia's still Primedia even though they just sold a huge chunk of their ASSets. Show me the difference.

18. tooslow54

tooslow54

you're right. sorry, didn't mean it that way...

19. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

they think they will turn NHRA into what NASCAR has become (like it's a good thing). yeah...a JOKE...:(

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wally Park's, and others, started something that they had no model to follow. So, they build the model for others to follow. When things get too big, then find or create an alternative. Racing is big business.

21. So another group of monied up suits
    are buying up a business they don't understand.

Then they will try and "fix" it.

How long before they take the business public,
    then run it into the ground on purpose ?
    Ask the first Mrs. Coddington how that works.

22. Follow the money.
    90 something is cash out time.

23. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Q: Does this effectively mean NHRA has been sold?
    A: No. NHRA remains a non-profit corporation and will continue its original mission as a vibrant, active leader in the drag racing community, by virtue of both its ongoing role running amateur and sportsman racing and its ongoing relationship with the new company providing racing operations and sanctioning services to the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series. In fact, NHRA will be stronger than ever and extremely well positioned to pursue its core mission of promoting, protecting and preserving the sport of drag racing.

24. I'm not sure I'm "feelin" the NON-PROFIT part of NHRA you guys mentioned

25. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

It will be interesting to see if this makes a bit of difference... Frankly, I prefer watching vintage events anyway...

26. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Nice spin. If NHRA doesn't own any tracks and doesn't own the pro racing series with all it's income and costs. What's left? National Dragster and the Safety Safari?

I don't know if it's good or bad, but obviously the parties involved think its good. Maybe it is. Time will tell.

27. Larry T

Larry T

HD Partners IS a publicly traded business. Looks like 5 people playing with other folks money.

28. I have not watched NASCAR in a while because well, they change the rules too much and its basicly WWF on wheels to me. I still love NHRA drag racing but, they are like previously noted becoming to nascary ,and well also like previously mentioned (even though I wasn't there) I hear it was a whole hell of a lot funner in the 70's and earlier when the drivers were characters and it wasn't always sponsor this and sponsor that.

29. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

My spidey sense tells me that anything that does not make a profit...does not stick around for very long...

30. lolife

lolife

"assumption by HD Partners of approximately $11.5 million in debt and liabilities"

NHRA has hit the wall. The cars are faster than the tracks, the glue can't hold them down, so I expect to see sharks grouping at the finish line. 100 million will cover a lot of liability. I'd go for it.