Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some people have NO respect for your car!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37fordtruck, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 72sst

72sst

Wish I didnt!

2. I went and re-read what I wrote, and it appears that in attempts to minimize what I was writing, I left out the fact that there are three minutes between classes where he attends school and that the lockers are on the OPPOSITE end of the building, they have a strict tardiness policy and insufficient stalls (4 in the boys room) that are supposed to meet the needs of roughly 120 boys...not to mention the fact that it's been brought up at school board meetings, I'm by far NOT the only parent who has complained about the teachers' and principal's lack of concern in the matter, I am one of a few who went armed with what information I could gather in hopes of doing some good for the WHOLE of the student body, and was met with an uncaring "so fucking what" kind of attitude by the persons I spoke with...yeah, I jumped all up in their shit, not that I like doing that sort of thing...but you know what? My kid goes when he has to, and so do a lot of others...now.

I will NOT apologize for taking up for my son instead of taking this passive attitude where parents let the system decide what's best, especially a system that has so many kids on ritalin and anti-depressants for things we all went through before such wonder-pills came along...we're just now starting to see the effects of it all. I'd take up for YOUR kids if THEY were being mistreated, or anyone else's...

I don't know you, and it's my fault for leaving out the other details, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a TOTAL jackass, or did I read it wrong? That because I took up for my kid with the only action these buffoons understand, it means that I griped and complained, and now he can do whatever he pleases?

Hardly. They know my stand on corporal punishment, if he breaks the rules, he pays, like anyone, but he will NOT be punished for something that he HAS to do, in the years since then, their school policy has been rewritten, only because concerned parents stood up and spoke out.

On second thought, maybe you ARE a total jackass...

------------------------------------

That's what I was trying to say...but you said it better.

3. Well I have read every single post on this topic, and I too would be totally pissed and get really wordy if some jackass let his or her kid do the same things with my Ride. I grew up around vehicles, and shows etc. My parents have taught me respect from day 1. If I did not respect someones property I got my ass whipped, end of story. I have 2 kids a gorgeous 6 yr old girl, and handsome 1 yr oldboy. My daughter is a car freak and it shows(although she doesnt like some rides and will tell you to your face she thinks its ugly or she doesnt like how it looks) hehe, anyhow we had a blast at the round up and she was offered several times to sit in vehicles, I think most had to do with the respect she showed towards the vehicle. She absolutely loved the scorpion and on friday night She was asked to sit in it on S. Congress, she talks about it still today. Those are the kind of memories I like to see and keep in my mind. I have been accused of being a HARDASS, asshole, jerk, mean father, even a bad parent for disciplining my children, but I certainly don't beat them. They know that in order to get respect they have to show respect.

As for the bathroom issue. Everyone at my daughter's school knows I am mouthy, and don't deal with stupidity very well. I will voice my opinion and tell you when you have done something stupid, as I would expect to be told if I did something stupid. I am sure I will get flamed for what I am fixing to say but IDGAF I have told my daughter if some idiot hits, punches, or diliberately hurts you, for her to punch them in the face or kick their ass, to stand up for herself. If a boy pushed or hits her being mean or deliberately to kick him in the nuts. If and when this happens or I am confronted by I will take responsibility for her actions. I will not let my child grow up thinking she HAS to put up with this kind of bullshit. It all comes back to RESPECT!! If she has to take a leak and the teacher won't let her go, I told her to then ask her teacher to go to the principal. If asked why? So she could tell the principal that she had to pee. It happend last year in her kinder class, I was pissed, needless to say that lady is no longer a teacher, and it was not just my bitchin that caused it. Well thats my novel for the day I hope I have not seriously offended anyone. :)

4. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

Bingo!! Our girls KNOW the rules and if they don't they get REMINDED!! Having said that we very seldom have too.

5. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

A5windowcoupe, That's what i told my daughters too, if they were being attacked physically, 'cept i told them to aim directly for the nose and hit as hard as possible. I told them that no matter how much trouble they got into that i would stick up for them. I am happy to report they never had to do it but i hope I made them more confidant knowing that they didn't have to be bullied by anyone, including teachers, etc.

6. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

My wife gave me a look the other day because my 7 year old told me a boy in her class was hitting her and I told her "So? Smack him back!"

When the girls (any one of them) does the "she hit me" crap we just say "Hit her back!"

My oldest came up to us a while back and said the baby hit her. her Mom askes "Did you hit her first? and Emily says "yes"

And Mom says "So, what'd you expect? Then you come rat her out??" HAHAHA!

Funny thing is the oldest knows better than to hit the 4 year old as all the aggression skipped out middle daughter and went into the baby. If her sisters start with her she just winds up and SLUGS them!! She made Emily cry before she could even walk!! 9 months old and tore a juice cup out of her hands. we were about to correct Em when we realized the baby was stealing EMILY'S cup!!

They're rough and tumble but they KNOW "the rules". When we think they're little terrors we just watch those nanny 911 shows!! GEEZ!!

Problem with licensing parents is that the morons are the ones who'd probably pass and the good parents would FAIL!! Being a good parent ain't PC ya know!!

I don't care. We've actually had older people THANK us for our children's behaviour! It ain't easy but we DID "take on the job" as was mentioned earlier.

7. flathead okie

flathead okie

back in the mid 60's my Dad had a 53 chevy wagon. He had bought a 53 2dr ht for parts. My brothers and I shot the windows with a bb gun. He beat our ass till our nose bled. We didn't screw with cars after that, no matter where they were, or what they were being used for

8. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I think not being legally able to spank children has ruined society.[/QUOTE]

Iguess I broke the law many times then. I spanked my kids until they were probaly six or so. No need to after that. They were never put in "time out" total bullshit!

9. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Next door neighbor's 13 year old kid shot up my old Cougar with a BB gun. I went to the parents to complain and showed them the damage. The father denied any and all wrong-doing on the part of his son, stating, "I took that gun away from him a week ago!" :rolleyes:

He further insinuated that the BB shots to the side of my car may have been there when I bought it... (which, in itself is ridiculous if you knew the history of this particular vehicle)...until I pointed out that there were holes in the car cover that lined up to the divits and missing paint on the side of my car, and the cover was less than 2 months old. The car hadn't moved since the cover was purchased, and the BB shots were on the side of the car facing their property. The week prior, I had heard "ping" sounds coming from the backyard that I couldn't identify at the time...

His wife sympathized with me in confidence after I got into a "heated debate" with the father, who walked off in defiant anger, after I proved my case...but 2 years laster I have yet to see any of the money she promised me as compensation for the damage. When they shovel my snow for me while I am at work, I just thank them, and deduct $10 from what I feel they owe me. :cool:

Neighbors. Bleah!

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Now that I think of it I do remember when I was about nine or ten I brought my bike through our garage and laid a nice deep gouge down the side of my dad's cherry boss 302 mustang with my pedal. Normally he would have spanked some sense into me. But when he saw it it was like his heart broke. His face just fell and he was all quiet and walked away. I would've rather got beaten!! That was when I truly understood. The weird thing was my mom was all pissed, and she hated that car! I guess she was traumatized by the 70mph peelouts on the highway:) I was affected a little too, but in a different way. I miss that car.

11. chrisp

chrisp

I don't think that this is a good thing, what I'm teaching my daughter is to try to talk to the bully and / or seek for the teacher judgement, but if nothing changes I told her to beat the crap out of the bully (that's why she's learning Tae Kwon Do). First try to seek for justice then if it fails go for retalliation.
    If I had another kid I would never encourage retalliation between them, I'm the judge and the executioner it is certainly not the job of a sibling to punish but the parents.

12. Someone needs to beat the snot out of the parents! The kids don't know any better

13. sawzall

sawzall

[​IMG]

just look what some a-hole left on clarks "T" at the showdown..

(ok.. it was me.... )

14. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

I'll have to post a pic of what some teenagers did to the rear door of my hearse while they were taking in a photo op...Luckily the guy parked next to me saw who it was and the kids turned out to be some of the local ones I know that my brother goes to school with...Well,since I'm like a big brother to them they all agreed to pay me $50 a piece for the damage(4 people total)and so far one has paid up as of today...Another one is getting the money together..The other two are slacking..

15. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Respect and cars, man where do I start? One of my favorite stories is about a friend of mine that had a really nice original 70 something Nova back in HS that got keyed. He found out who did it then kicked the entire side of their car in from one end to the other. As for touching and sitting on cars, my father had a Saab 900 SPG that I wasn't allowed to sit in with shorts on due to the leather interior. Needless to say, none of us were allowed to touch it either. By the time I was 13 or 14 I was telling people not to touch it. I've had people sit and lean on my car and it really bugs me. One night there was a guy sitting on my hood, so I walked over opened my door and got in my car - gave the door a little bit of a slam on the way out and he got the message. He called me a couple of things and that was that. As far as parenting goes, the threat of physical violence has always been a good deterrent for not screwing up. If I screwed up as a kid, I'd get rapped in the head with a fist full of rings or got the choice of picking a suitable switch off of a bush in the backyard. After getting switched, - I'd get the lecture that lasted for an hour or two. It seems like people in my generation and older seem to "get it" but a lot of these younger kids act like everyone owes them something. It's almost like they feel they can do anything with no repercussions. Maybe they need a rap in the head with a fist full of rings. The cars I'm building now are scary enough that people don't want to touch them. I was planning on painting my next one, but now I'm having second thoughts.

16. I read all the posts on this thread; can't help it - sick that way...

I work as an on-board diagnostic technician for a train manufacturer who has a maintenance contract for Amtrak.

Which means I get to see a lot of peoples' "little angels". Sometimes I hit the jackpot, and a bunch of home-schoolers fills a couple cars of the train.

Although I'd already figured it out before I took this job, I've had some real refresher courses on the concept: not everyone should reproduce. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Not a fucking bit.

Not all people are a benefit to society. Unfortunately, whenever you go out in public, be it on a train or at a car show, you'll run into some of them.

Oh well, another day, another thread killed...

-bill

17. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

it all comes down to just no respect and that non car people just dont seem to get it. all a car is to them is just transportation and that stupid people just shouldnt breed.:D

18. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Me too, I have two of them 4yrs and 2yrs. I don't even like them breathing too close to someone elses ride, wether I like the car or not. You had the damn kids now raise them with a little fucking respect for other peoples stuff. Sorry for the rant, but this is somthing I feel very strongly about. A couple years ago when I was a little younger a guy got out of his car at the 7-11 and dinged my door(I hate that more than anything) with me sitting in it, didn't even say sorry. I grabbed my tire iron out of the trunk and busted out all his lights.

drew

19. radical56chevy

radical56chevy

i was at a locall show last year and couple people were leaning up the side of the wagon with there girlfriends..
    i asked is that yours? they said nope..i said well get the f**k off it because its mine assholes..i watch to see which car that had drove in and wasn't even a car for the show was a piece shit honda..

20. This post is kinda sad, guys.

Don't know what to say, except I have some hotrods and I have some kids. "It's hard, guys."

My father was the same way as most of the post here when I was growing up running past dad's hotrod with my friends to the backyard to play. My dad would be so nervous & pissed & looking his car over everyday. "I totally understand"

Now, I see my kids bump into the prostreet or climb all over my model A & sometimes I'm gritting teeth, and others just thinking to myself "This is where it all started for me, hotwheels, model cars, climbing on my dads ride, watching my dad."

But, I really try to explain to my kids at carshows, "Don't touch,. dont wander", but I will have my kids with me to enjoy this lifestyle, or I'll drop outta it.

It's a hard call with kids. It's easy to say "step up parents & do something about it" but it's not like we actually "Can" do anything in public. Afterall, even a spanking is "Corporal Punishment" now.

I know my thoughts here probly aren't going to sway anyone one direction or another, but ..... well.......if your too concerned about anything to do with your car, then why show it in public. That sounds harsh & I'm torn about that statement. I thought this was about no-trailer queens, drive em in the dirt & mud, get the rain on you as you drive.......but wait, a little kid walked across my running boards...."Deals Off".

We just can't be like that guys. We can't imagine that kids are or can be in total control by the parents. It just doesn't happen. Mine are 6 & 7 and well.......try talking to kids that age & see just where there intellect is. It's just not there. But when it comes to pointing out a hotrod, my boy at 6 see's them. Is into them. Likes them.

So do we put an age limit on this & do away with them. I surely hope not. My father was pissed off at me more than once (like the time my baggy shirt hooked on the Nomad script & broke it in half), but I don't think today he'd have it any other way. Me either. I learned a great lesson breaking that part off his car. At the time, I wish it didn't happen, but now at 34 yrs old, I can't begin to express what that taught me.

Carl Hagan

21. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

Here's the pics I pronised..Crack in the rear door and rolled the lip of both areas near the hinges on the door and body..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Reverend_Grimm13

Reverend_Grimm13
    BANNED
    from Yucaipa

It's a respect issue...Even with what you mentioned,parents are responsible for thier children no matter what..Simple rule,if it ain't yours,don't touch it without permission..Shouldn't be hard to teach that to any kid..Hell,someone comes up wanting a picture with the hearse,I don't mind as long as they ask first..I unfortunately have the problem of kids and adults alike trying to open my doors all the time to peek in the back,,Doesn't matter where I'm at...A car show or Denny's at 2 AM after leaving the bar,it happens..It all comes down to respect and parents teaching thier kids to respect other peoples property..Besides,how would you feel if you came back and a fender was dented or a headlight was broken or something in the cab was stolen out of it because some parent brought thier kid over and the kid had idle hands and feet because the parent didn't teach them any better??I know I'd be pissed..

23. chrisp

chrisp

When I had my Chevy pick up I was always finding some kind of trash in the bed, even after covering the bed, people were still throwing stuff on the cover or lifting it to stuff it inside, from beer cans to burger wrap and used diaper, even in the parking of my appartment building with the trash bin sitting 10 feet away. It was not pretty but was clean and runing strong and it sure wasn't no fuking trash can. I'm sure anybody with a pick up truck experience that on a daily basis.

24. [​IMG]

[SIZE=-1]Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]I have another puzzle for you[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Oompa Loompa doom-pa-da-dee[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]If you are wise, you'll listen to me[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Who do you blame when your kid is a brat?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]You know exactly who's to blame[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]The mother and the father[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-da[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]If you're not spoiled, then you will go far[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]You will live in happiness too[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do[/SIZE]

25. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

~Plato

26. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Actually, I live in the 'inner-city' (read:GHETTO) and I WISH people would throw their shit in my truck bed. Instead, I find 25-cent chip bags and orange pop cans in my yard everyday. The ONE TIME I've come out to find some asshole admiring one of my old cars from inside my fence I just let my 4 dogs out. He jumped the fence in a hurry. I'm gonna have to chain them up in the interior when we get the car actually on the road...

27. Anyones child is capable of messing up even mine. (ages 20 and 24 now) What I always did if I was worried that they might get into something they shouldn't was simple. I held their hand and made them stay with me when they were little and they learned by example from me. It isn't just about cars. I wouldn't want my kids going wild in a store, at your house or anywhere else for that matter. Of course my dad taught me to respect other peoples property too.

We had a couple leave our house once after I pryed their daughter off my kitchen cabinet doors and told her to stop climbing on the cabinets. The mom got upset because I might damage the girls self worth. The girl is grown now and in a penal institution. Hopefully it wasn't me that caused her to end up in prison.

It is about responsible parenting and teaching respect. I think parents should be judged in court if little Johnny ends up there. Also if a judge or lawyer lets someone off with a slap on the wrist and that person gets caught breaking the law again then the judge and lawyer ought to be tried as accomplices.

Come to think of it I wouldn't mind seeing caning used in the US like it is in Singapore. I figure a lot of spray paint bandits would think twice before spray painting someones property after a good caning.

CB_Chief

28. metwiz

metwiz
    from Salinas CA

Let me offer a little glimmer of hope to all you guys. My kids, especally me 8 year old son have been going to car shows with the wife and I since birth. They have and still are being taught about respecting others and their property. No more have I been prouder than to here somone comment on the behavior of my kids. And to not have to remind them to keep their hands to themselves in public makes taking them with us a joy.

29. "It just doesn't happen".... since its headed downhill we got to let it go?

I respectfully disagree, I have a son who is the typical 10 year old boy. He and I have spent countless hours hanging out at local shops and we attend a few large shows a year.

He knew the deal at 6. We would pull up to the shop and I would ask before we got out of the car "whats the rule" and he'd reply "do not touch". It takes effort, I set a good example by keeping my hands off, jacket closed and zippers away from the paint. I think it sunk in when I explained it in terms of damage to his favorite toy. He pays attention to me, period. I've been accused of being "militant" because I expect my son to answer me, everytime I ask or tell him something. Its ALWAYS yes dad or some kind of acknowledgement that he heard and understood me, otherwise I'd get ignored.

I think kids in general try a push the line to see what they can get away with and too many of the parents are lazy and not parenting anymore. I'll be the first to admit it gets old asking for a reply or going over the rules with a 10 year that has the attention span of a gnat in a bright room but thats my responsibility.

30. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

You know, it's really no suprise to me that so many people have no respect for other people's property. No one is teaching them to be responsible for their actions anymore. Used to be, if you saw a kid break a bottle in the road you'd stop the kid and make him clean it up.

Nowadays, people are too afraid to say something to a kid that's not theirs for fear of some kind of retaliation. Though a bunch of different sources,society has been efficiently neutered. So many people are afraid of getting an ass whooping for taking a stand it makes me sick.

I have a school bus stop in front of my house where the middle schoolers get picked up. Most of the time, they are pretty good kids and I keep a football or something out front for them to throw around until the bus comes. There are times though when they get into stuff, as all kids do. Rightly or wrongly, I let them know just what will be tolerated and what won't. I haven't had a parent of one of those kids tell me yet not to correct their kid and I've lived in this house for seven years. Bottom line, don't be afraid to take a stand. You might get an ass whooping on occasion, but nothing is ever going to change unless YOU do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.