Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Morning From The Showdown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, May 19, 2007.

1. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Here are a couple of pics from 6am this morning, it looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day. More tonite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maggie & I in a CAMPER?, who'd a thunk it?

More later.

B:)B

Nappy likes this.
  2. Glad to see you made it there safe and sound,, how is the rear end holding up.

It was really nice to see you and Maggie the other day, I hope you have a great time there, tell everyone I said hi.

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Uhhh....Is Clark's model ok? Little too much to drink?

4. Looks the the Car is dong just fine to me,,, or is that someone doing the car just fine:eek: :D

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Yeah Rudy, great seeing you also, too bad you couldn't make it, I'll get the 52 muddy in your memory today. Sumo and Clark replaced the right rear wheel bearing yesterday morning, looked like it had at least 100 miles left in it.

Pete, yep, that poor girl got overserved and fell in love with the motor in the T.

Here's a few more pics.

[​IMG]
    Motor Mikey & FlamedAbone

[​IMG]
    Sumo's tub, somewhere in that beast is my dildo.

[​IMG]
    Sawzall

[​IMG]
    JohnnyLonghair & Cas, Clark & Sue

[​IMG]
    Better view of the lovesick girl.

B:pB

6. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I'll be looking forward to anothe report tonight.

J.

7. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

8. Tony

Tony

Look's like a good time as usual. Wish i could have gone this year, missed seeing everyone.
    Oh well...
    Have fun everyone..
    Douchebags included

Tony

9. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Chevy's lookin great Bob, one of these days I want to do the same, looks like a great time, old cars and old trailers, can't beat it!

10. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Dammit....Wondered where the ex-wife was. She always did look good in red. Glad to hear you're havin' a great time. Hope I can make it next year. Looking forward to more pics tonight. Keep 'em coming and don't eat too much ........Ole Pork

11. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

wish i was there!

12. long island vic

long island vic

dam weathermen.... said it was going to be shitty,,,,shoud have looked out the window

13. Bob, you rule!!!! i wish i was there!!!

14. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Just got home and all I can say is........DAMN!!!!

15. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Here are a few more, enjoy, I sure as hell did as you can see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are having fun now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Flyers!
    [​IMG]

Maggie waiting for her chauffer.
    [​IMG]

Mudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure there is enough rain
    [​IMG]

More later

B:)B

16. Damm....you drove that beautiful car in all that mud...

[​IMG]

Good on ya!!

:D :D :D

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Bob........I hope someone got a shot of you driving through the mud on the frontstretch holding your nose!! CLASSIC!!!! Glad you had a blast!

JT, John & I spent most of the day at the front gate and got to see the cars come in one at a time. It wasn't until we ran out of arm bands and stopped charging admission that we went inside and walked around. DAMN!!!! There were a LOT of freakin' cars in there!!!! I didn't talk to or see anyone that wasn't having fun.

Thanks to Larry, Kim and friends for putting on such a fantastic show and to EACH and EVERY person that showed up and shared such a good time. Without EACH of you, it wouldn't have happened.

18. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

First time there,What a blast to see the cars running around the track,Great people and a lot of great cars. You sold me,I'll be back. Larry excellant show..............# 32 with Pete Trumbauer driving,like stepping back in time.

19. Man you guys (& gals) look like you had a blast. Is that Hot Rod Scott's Stude I see in the background?

Klaus

Attached Files:

20. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Need help, There was a 37 chevy pickup there full fendered in the back,old school. I,m doing a 38 chevy pickup and would like to pick his brains. Is he a member here? Does anybody know him? Should have left my cell # in truck but didn't.....Thanks

21. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

We were worried about the forcast on friday but it could not have been a better day. I had a great time hanging out and running around the track! There could not have been any better way to break in my roadster then some hot laps on the track! Only the second time that I had it in second gear, everything worked great!!
    Bob it was nice meeting you and your wife see you next year.

22. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

I would like to say a big thanks to Larry and Kim for another fantastic year hosting the best show, period. A big thanks to all the So What guys and other volunteers this year. We had more this year and boy what a difference it made. Also thanks to everyone who turned out. It was a fantastic show. April and I had a blast as usual. She had fun giving away door prizes and meeting everyone and me working the gate and flagging. It is amazing to see this show grow to this size in just five years. I think we all worried that with the show getting larger it would loose its feel. Well that isn't so. In this case bigger is better. The show gets better and runs smoother every year. Working the gate you get to see the cars come and go and see how happy they are with the show but for me it is the regular spectators of all ages that walk in with their family. To talk to them as they leave and see what a great time they had and hear them say they will be back next year. To see the little kids walk out with big smiles and know that maybe some year they dream of being here and getting mud on their Hot Rod. Thanks again and we can't wait to see you all again next year. Scott & April

23. I'm sooooo jealous, maybe next year. Rags

24. Spike!

Spike!

Someone post pics of my T-Bird getting muddy! I was in the front of the line and the cars before me hadn't really hit the muddy spots yet, so people were moving in closer to get a front row seat...well, they got a wall of mud when I came around! What a blast! Without a doubt the best show ever.

Thanks again Larry and Kim and all the crew. Rulers.

Spike

25. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

I would like to thank everyone who worked and volnteered at the show and to everyone who showed up. this was the first car show i had been to besides off road truck shows and the cleveland auto show. It was a great time and I'll be there every year now.

We pulled in in the yellow nissan, after goofing on the guy at the gate about not letting us park on the infeild. we found a good spot and walked in about 9:20. Well I was getting tired and my back and feet were killing me by 2 but i bought $10 worth of tickets for the bomber seats, as much as i wanted to call it a day, we walked through the vendors for the eighth time, took more pictures, and checked out all the cars again. Well, it was worth it, saw more stuff, and won the seats. I was blown away.

Great show, and once again thank you to everyone involved!!

- Dan

26. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

Forgive my ignorance, is this it?

[​IMG]

27. Spike!

Spike!

You got it! man, that was FUN!!!!

Spike

28. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Yes it is.

29. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

thanks to Larry and everyone who helped make the show go so smoothly.
    i had a great time just hanging out and not trying to sell things this year
    only got to make one pass on the track and Heidi told me "Don't be a sissy"......2nd gear wide open!......how was that??? what fun!!!

Jer(me-oh'sS&C)'s car #207 got done in the wee hours of the morning and i was very glad to see him so excited to have a car there and get to make a couple laps on the track it looked and sounded good too!

roger's #203 was a blast to come down with and he had the time of his life....he's 74 years old and told me...."i havent been sideways in 40 years"....on his return to the pits he said...."i think i could be a race car driver that was the most fun ive ever had!!" great to see him so excited!

retro54 (andy) came down with us too...but unfortunately his car wasnt able to make it in the infield being a bit too stock (unrestored original) but it was nice to make the run down and back with him

it was nice to meet everyone that i didnt have faces to put with the names, meet up with old friends...and thanks to those who brought parts for me

can't wait till next year
    Zach
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks to sxdxmike for the pics

30. sumo

sumo

Thanks to Larry and Kim for everything

shows gettin bigger and bigger, I made the suggestion of a two day event but larry just rollled his eyes. I did finally see him sit down this morning.

Big thanks to old goaly, James, and the rest of the metal shapersfor making the tail pan for my tub.

Good friends, great times, always a blast at the showdown. can't wait till next year!!!!

Bob, there is that little matter of the repair bill for the axle bearing job, ha ha.

Alway glad to help you out my friend.