Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dummy spots on a 63-64 caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghastly, May 15, 2007.

1. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I need pics of a 63-64 caddy with some dummies on it. I don't want to put mine on and have them in the wrong spots.

2. old beet

old beet

If there on a 63-64 Cad...They are on the wrong spot! My 2c....OLDBEET

3. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

4. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Spots don't work on 60's caddys in my opinion. I've never seen them on anything later than a 1962 and they were not dummies. As mentioned before...don't do it!

5. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

yep not a good idea just like wide whites on any thing older than 60 imho :D

6. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Let's try again. I would like pics of caddy's not advise on how dumb it would look. I know someone out there has seen it or has done it let's see 'em.

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

YA! Do it your way.
    I'll look thru my albums and see if I can find a picture or two for you.

8. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Thank you Sir.

9. Seon

Seon

Well put :D .

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

They will look like crap.

11. I agree that they don't necessarily look right on a 60's car, but here are some dummies on a 64 Impala (not Cadillac but close).

Attached Files:

12. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

your nick says everything you need to know about how it would look...:rolleyes:

13. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I see that the hambers are very closed minded when it comes to how "they" think something should look. I'm just gonna put them on and like the way they look and not worry about what every body else thinks. Personal strikes against my nick..grow up. Maybe I will put some on the back too just to piss people off. I could be really original and do some air bags and metal flake the roof and try to fit in with everybody else.

14. STIFF

STIFF
    from Rat Town

It's not that anyone here gives a fuck if you want to make yourself look like a dunce. Hell, put a rainbow afro wig and a pair of pedal pushers on and go grocery shopping if you want! It's just that we get sick of seeing perfectly cool cars getting ruined by ignorant rubes like yourself with bad taste and poor design sense. That's why you're getting spanked.

So go ahead and put your idiot spots all over your fucking car if you want, I just wonder what we're going to do with all the vomit.

15. Check out OSR or Killbillet.com. You may find that kind of thing over there.

16. funny how all the HAMB police remove any messages that are "off topic" but they allow numbskulls to add there personal opinion to someone elses post who was just intrested in some help with locating pics....

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You actually sound a little worried. The reason why you're not finding too many pictures is because it's a really dumb idea.
    Go for it though, be original just like the hundreds of other clued-in hepcats over at OSR.

18. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

help me in my ignorance-what is OSR? I googled it and got nothing. I'm just curious.

19. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Thanks for all your help guys. That was an informative thread. I hope to see all your absolutly prefect in everyway hot rods and kustoms on the pages of who gives a crap magazine. I have my rainbow wig on and a pair of green thigh high stockings as we speak.

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

So that's why you're so touchy.

21. bigken

bigken

Jesus guys, lighten the hell up. Hell, if he want's dummies, he get's dummies. Christ, just for that, I think I'll repaint my wheels RED...and order those damn sarape's for my seats.........
    CYA

22. Why would ya want FAKE lights?

23. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

OSR = Ol' Skool Rodz (the rat rod site)

24. SO-AZ

SO-AZ
    from Tucson

FNG's don't have a chance on here with these real old guys who have been everwhere and done everything. In 63 I had dummy spots on my 54 Bel Air Hdtp and thought they were bitchin. Maybe I am just not old enough to know any better. SO-AZ's dad.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That was a 54 Bel Air, a whole different beast than a 63-64 Caddy.

But Ghastly, go for it dude, it's your car.

BTW, someone has yet to come with a picture for you, I reckon you'll be the first.