Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Has anyone else had bad luck with these guys?

2. My daily has a pair of their wheels, thousands of miles on them, no problems so far. I got lucky; they had left overs that fit my application, so they were shipped in a timely manner. Never had any custom built, though.

3. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

4. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

They blow. From personal experience.

Stay away....Use Wheel Kid.

5. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I had to have them build me some wheels. Paid for them on the spot, paid extra for expedited fabrication, the told me they would positively be here by Jan. 20th for World of Wheels. No show. Called, they told me the order was screwed up and they would get them right out and pay for next day air. No show. Called again and spoke to a manager. Promises promises. No show. Called again and spoke to the "owner", promises, still no show. Called again and told they couldn't make my wheels. They said they couldn't do the offset with a disc wheel. I asked, "what are you talking about?" They guy tells me again they can't make them for a disc wheel. I said, "great, cause the car I'm working on has drums." Promises. No show. Called back again, "oh, they just went out" , "can I get a tracking number?" , "not right now, our computer is down, we'll call you tomorrow." No show. I called back the next day, "can I get that tracking number?" , "no, our computers are still down." I called back two days later, "can I get that tracking number?" , "it's already shipped" , " how about a tracking number?" , "we'll have to get that to you later." No show. Then I told them the owner of the car was really pissed at me, they said they'd get them right out. No show. Soooooo, four months and four days later I called again today expecting to get the run-around, and I actually got a tracking number. And it's for real. They'll be here on Wednesday.

I also got the run-around over three months for the back wheels for Azreal. Is anyone else having these problems?

6. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Do you have an web address?

7. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

I've heard a lot of horror stories but luckly both of the sets I had them make were correct and on time. Guess it's a coin toss outfit.

8. It took me about 9 months to get money back from them on wheels they promised ("they'll be ready to ship next week, we promise!"). Finally the credit card company was sent after them. Search, then stay away. I got lucky too, because I got my money back.

9. I droped off A set of 35 Ford wires to be widened. got the same song and dance. I finaly gave up. Never got my wheels back either.
    dirt t

10. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Stay far far away from Stockton wheel. "The computers down" and "they will ship tomorrow" are said to customers with late orders on a daily basis. They make you pay in advance so they can afford to buy material to build the back orders on file. Or should I say....pay their bills so they will ship more material they have on order. Trust me, I have dealt with more wheel companies than most. Wheel Vintiques is decent and I have heard that Wheel Smith in Santa Ana is decent as well. ( I have not bought from them though )

11. Haven't I seen this thread before? Dealing with Stockton was the worse experience I have ever had buying any car parts. It took them 5 months to do what they promised would only take 3 weeks. All the same excuses as were mentioned in other comments.

12. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

13. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

14. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

the shit takes for ever to get. not bad quality though.

15. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

WoW! I don't feel so alone, now...
    I had to have the fronts custom made, though ( 4 1/2 "er's )
    not regular stock 5 " with the 5 on 5 1/2 circle.
    told 45 days...took a few phone calls, some contrary info, and about two months, all said and done...but: I will say they are nice.

16. well i dont know, i ordered 4 reversed oem style rims and had them powdercoat them ( sorry guys, red !!) they arrived at my door within a week of the promised date and they were perfect. i can not complain one bit. i suppose all companies can have off days just like everyone else. mike

17. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

"within a week of the promised date" And you were happy with that? What good is a promise if they're a week late? I'd a been pissed!

18. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

Despite the ZZ Top music??? Whatcha got against the lil' ol' band from Tejas?

19. Run away, far away from any dealing's with them. I also got screwed by them on some custom made crager's.

I supplied the wheels to have them widened, they said fine, we can have them by this date "No Problem". Ya right, it took them three times as long with me calling every them every 3 weeks past the due date. Them I finally get them out of them and they looked like shit!

Enough said,

CBB

20. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Do you have a picture of your wheels?
    I'd like to see what they used for a rim.
    Jimmy

21. brandon

brandon

hey jimmy .....what kind of time frame on some 15x5 and 15x7 chrome reverse oem style chevy wheels with outside nubs....i had pm'd you before about these for my dad's 61......i ended up with the car today and i am thinking s/s style ....just curious....send me a pm if possible...thanks brandon:D

22. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I have a set of custom wheels from them on my 2001 Dodge Dakota. (Cop car wheels with a 6-lug pattern).
    Two weeks ago, my lovely wife was driving us home when she went a little bit off the shoulder of the road, and hit a pot hole hard enough that we were thrown clear into the other lane. I thought for sure the wheel would be toast, at least.
    Got home, no marks, dents or anything else on the wheel.
    The black powdercoating has also held up perfectly after over 100,000 miles with nothing in the way of washing or regular cleaning.

Oh yeah...I discovered last night that it wasn't a broken shock from the pot hole that was making the tire scrub the fender on bumps, or a bent tie rod end that made it pull to the right and was wearing the tire...it BLEW APART the ball joint! Sent the socket through the top of the case. So, for all their slow service, the Stockton Wheels on my truck balance perfect, have zero run-out, and the steel hoop was high quality enough that the ball joint failed before the rim bent.

I'll use them again.
    -Brad

23. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I bought 4 Wheel Vintiques thru Summit, they were in stock, Ordered one week ago and had them in less than 72 hours. I never let anyone backorder anything or try to get something custom made. If you do you are asking for trouble. I do not trust anyone that I can not yell at face to face.

24. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

I had them build me a set and got the big weenie run around and the owner's an ass. He had the nerve to get offended that I was pissed that he lost my order. It's too bad because there 15 min. from my house.

25. Clark

Clark

Stay away from Stockton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the run around and promises for 2 months after I waited the six weeks they said it would take to do the wheels. They final straw was when I asked the last time when they would be done. Their response...NO CLUE! I asked for a refund. They said OK. Did they give the refund ...NO! Had to sick the credit card company on them. They suck!
    Clark

26. roadracer

roadracer

great, just what I want to hear when my custom order is due from them this week :D

I just hope I have Brad's experience...

27. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

sort of off topic, but mopar has been hounded/sued over this very thing on dakotas and durangos. i think theres a recall or at least a tsb. i think its killed 16 people so far. just letting you know.

28. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Yeah, man...I am kinda Computer stupid, but, I will try to post some pix, if I can't, ( I tried to put some up before, and realized technology has left me FAR behind!) I will get a better-inter-webulating friend
    to put 'em up. Check back, here...or message me and I will e-mail them to you. I know how to do that!:D

29. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

[​IMG]

Trying to load an image of the front wheels...??? maybe???
    If this fails, I'll take just a close up of one, and make the resolution lower, so I don't have to resize it...:confused:

We'll see...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014