Register now to get rid of these ads!

BilletProof 07 or bust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buckle, May 13, 2007.

1. Buckle

Buckle

Well, I am working hard to get my 58 driveable to take to BilletProof. I have a few issues that have been difficult to resolve because of another car project that I have been heavily into but is nearing the end (I hope). I removed my fuel tank today because of many nagging leaks that just wouldn't stay patched for long, this was somewhat tricky because of an inner tube and outer tube assembly but I got it out in about 45 minutes, no problem.
    First I removed the large rubber donut around the filler end of the inner tube. I couldn't get the inner tube to break free by just pulling on the tube. I unplugged the sending unit wire and the rubber fuel line hose, removed the two nuts from the J bolts, dropped the straps out of the way, and carefully lowered the tank down and to the passenger side. I actually pulled the tank out with the inner tube still attached, no problem! I then was able to remove the inner tube by gently twisting and pulling. My tank is rusty inside so I am having the "renew" process done where they first repair the holes in the tank and then coat it inside and out. Luckily all the seals look good, so re-assembly should be no problem. The shop quoted a two-three day turn around to "restore" the tank and return it to me. Here are some pics...

Buckle

Attached Files:

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Nice work. What kind of cash for the 'renew' process?

3. Buckle

Buckle

Thanks, they told me about 250.00 including the repairing of the holes before coating.

Buckle

4. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I guess that's about right. I'm working with Blktopbandit to fetch one from a guy here in Columbus for my car. If it doesn't work out, at least I can find a replacement. Kind of sucks when you think it is just a box and we SHOULD be able to just make one. Except it probably shouldn't leak...

5. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

6. Buckle

Buckle

Thanks jackass. :D

7. Look forward to seeing the Bucklemoble at Billetproof......good luck with the tank!

Attached Files: